Advanced boosting tips

VirtualNight

Just to check, which is fastest for xp per hour? Flag returns with 4 controllers or just capping flags as fast as poss?

And what is the best way to combine aircraft weapon kills with a2a and a2s

I cant come up with a reasonable estimate for how long these will take so any help wold be appreciated

16 hours ago, ROFL-WAFFLES said:

Just to check, which is fastest for xp per hour? Flag returns with 4 controllers or just capping flags as fast as poss?

I cant come up with a reasonable estimate for how long these will take so any help wold be appreciated

If you use Urban Strike map in Euacia, you can do 10 captures in about 2 to 3 minutes. For a 2 hour period, that's about 11,000 XP.

Also, if you work on weapons badges, always do 10 captures for additional XP. That will bring you closer to levelling up than just working on weapons badges.

26 minutes ago, POEman553 said:

If you use Urban Strike map in Euacia, you can do 10 captures in about 2 to 3 minutes. For a 2 hour period, that's about 11,000 XP.

Also, if you work on weapons badges, always do 10 captures for additional XP. That will bring you closer to levelling up than just working on weapons badges.

16 hours ago, ROFL-WAFFLES said:

Flags captured with aircraft on Fortress, is the fastest possible way (unless you know an hacker for instant rank :devil:), anything else is slower. A flag captured gives 27xp. Since fortress is a very small map with 2 aircrafts nothing could be faster than that. If you have problems to control the aircraft (i can go inside it, use turbo, stop flying mode on top of the flag, land, take the flag, repeat to capture and resume, in 3min including loading screen i get around 500xp, a rookie would probably not use turbo but just travel around, losing between 30-60secs) then a dlc adds Jetpack, make the same map with it and use this tool located in the middle, is slower but easier to control.

@VirtualNight How would you recommend boosting the following weapons (the rarest/longer to spawn)?:

-Binoculars

-Land Mine

-Rocket Launcher

-Sniper

I won't mention Flamethrower because i can simply weaken my bot with the pistol or rifle and use one flame to the kill (like Eternal21 mentions in it's guide)

Oh and one more thing: If I have two bots on an jeep/tank and destroy it with the warhawk does it count as 1 or two kills?

16 minutes ago, Max_Playne said:

@VirtualNight How would you recommend boosting the following weapons (the rarest/longer to spawn)?:

-Binoculars

-Land Mine

-Rocket Launcher

-Sniper

I won't mention Flamethrower because i can simply weaken my bot with the pistol or rifle and use one flame to the kill (like Eternal21 mentions in it's guide)

Oh and one more thing: If I have two bots on an jeep/tank and destroy it with the warhawk does it count as 1 or two kills?

I said first binocular and land mines, the rest there is no order, do what you want, if you weaken a jeep with 2 grenades, get 3 bots inside and shoot with the sniper, 1 shot=3kills.

Headshots cause higher damage so you can just use flamethrower while jumping for quick kills (if you can stay on a higher spot than your bots is better).

Yes, 2 kills. Passengers count.

Edited by VirtualNight

3 minutes ago, VirtualNight said:

I said first binocular and land mines, the rest there is no order, do what you want, if you weaken a jeep with 2 grenades, get 3 bots inside and shoot with the sniper, 1 shot=3kills.

Headshots cause higher damage so you can just use flamethrower while jumping for quick kills (if you can stay on a higher spot than your bots is better).

Yes, 2 kills. Passengers count.

ok. Thanks for the quick reply

2 hours ago, Max_Playne said:

-Sniper

I killed my bots short range with the sniper using APC as respawn point. The bots sometimes drops sniper ammo and I rarely had to move searching for ammo. Got that weapon done really fast using this method. 

Edited by Darknight_1181

12 minutes ago, APCGrayLocked said:

can anyone do a video to explain the boosting method with the spot indicated by VirtualNight? It will be very appreciated. 

What exactly? all bots spawn there, kill there with anything you need.

14 minutes ago, VirtualNight said:

What exactly? all bots spawn there, kill there with anything you need.

Dunno, maybe i'm just retarded and i'm doing something wrong. I will retry tomorrow, because with the APC method, i managed to obtain only 170 kills (i have 2 extra controllers, so only 1 bot gets killed) in 30 minutes and they aren't enough, because 150+ kills every 30 kills, means that you need 7h to complete 1000 kills with just 1 weapon.

Edited by APCGrayLocked

25 minutes ago, APCGrayLocked said:

Dunno, maybe i'm just retarded and i'm doing something wrong. I will retry tomorrow, because with the APC method, i managed to obtain only 170 kills (i have 2 extra controllers, so only 1 bot gets killed) in 30 minutes and they aren't enough, because 150+ kills every 30 kills, means that you need 7h to complete 1000 kills with just 1 weapon.

well with 1 bot that will take awhile, but assuming 0 seconds to respawn, you should do 1 kill each 5sec around, so 360kills max in 30min, at least is what math says. You may want to ask to a friend of your city to lend extra pads for some weeks, to cut the time.

Yeah, i was doing it very very badly. I've finished a match just now, and with this Alternate Spawn Method, with 3 controllers, i managed to obtain 508 kills with the handgun! SIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICK!

Be a Pro Player on the Arcades help me tremendously when it comes to press the buttons (R1 in this case) very quickly. Thanks for this elite tip.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, APCGrayLocked said:

Yeah, i was doing it very very badly. I've finished a match just now, and with this Alternate Spawn Method, with 3 controllers, i managed to obtain 508 kills with the handgun! SIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICK!

Be a Pro Player on the Arcades help me tremendously when it comes to press the buttons (R1 in this case) very quickly. Thanks for this elite tip.

With a turbo pad you could be even faster :awesome:

i don't have the money to buy a turbo controller, otherwise i would have completed some trophies (not only this game) in other games much more quickly.

Talking about other stuff, the BINOCULARS spawn near a tree nearby the Spawn Spot (starting from the 2 jeep in front of you, go to the right and you will see it), so stand in his position so you will replenish the ammos continuosly.

For the other weapons, like the Flamethrower, the RPG, the Mines, i suggest to use the APC Method, because in this way, you can simply stand in front of the weapon you need and continuosly replenish the ammo, while you kill the bots (the weapons are all scattered in the starting base and even in zone 1 [the zone nearby the spawn spot]). The Spawn Spot is great for knife, handgun, grenades, the assault rifle, turret, jeep, tank, warhawk air-to-troop and air-to-vehicle.

Edited by APCGrayLocked

37 minutes ago, APCGrayLocked said:

i don't have the money to buy a turbo controller, otherwise i would have completed some trophies (not only this game) in other games much more quickly.

Talking about other stuff, the BINOCULARS spawn near a tree nearby the Spawn Spot (starting from the 2 jeep in front of you, go to the right and you will see it), so stand in his position so you will replenish the ammos continuosly.

For the other weapons, like the Flamethrower, the RPG, the Mines, i suggest to use the APC Method, because in this way, you can simply stand in front of the weapon you need and continuosly replenish the ammo, while you kill the bots (the weapons are all scattered in the starting base and even in zone 1 [the zone nearby the spawn spot]). The Spawn Spot is great for knife, handgun, grenades, the assault rifle, turret, jeep, tank, warhawk air-to-troop and air-to-vehicle.

Where is the nearest turret at the spawn spot? Also how fast can you get warhawk to vehicle kills? do you just alternate blowing up the jeeps?

45 minutes ago, APCGrayLocked said:

I bought 2 turbo pads for around 12 euros (no need to buy an arcade stick), i know they aren't comfortable for common gameplay but i keep them for some trophies or hard parts where you have to smash 1 button, also for some hard trials on SSF4 and KOF13 they were very helpful. I highly recommend you to buy one.

The APC method, i still think is slower, because with the aircraft i need just around 10 secs to pick ammo and go back to the point, and i can kill already again, instead with an APC i should bring bots a little far from the APC to not damage this one. Is all about knowing where weapons are. To have weapons to spawn in a zone that zone must be captured first.

Maybe just with flamethrower and rpg is a good idea use the apc.

The sniper is in your base and you can snip from there as on this game the shots travel instantly to the exact point you are aiming on even from a huge distance.

7 minutes ago, ROFL-WAFFLES said:

Where is the nearest turret at the spawn spot? Also how fast can you get warhawk to vehicle kills? do you just alternate blowing up the jeeps?

It isn't on the spawn point, but on the zone closest to your main base (capture it, then you can find the turret on a small hill).

43 minutes ago, VirtualNight said:

I bought 2 turbo pads for around 12 euros (no need to buy an arcade stick), i know they aren't comfortable for common gameplay but i keep them for some trophies or hard parts where you have to smash 1 button, also for some hard trials on SSF4 and KOF13 they were very helpful. I highly recommend you to buy one.

The APC method, i still think is slower, because with the aircraft i need just around 10 secs to pick ammo and go back to the point, and i can kill already again, instead with an APC i should bring bots a little far from the APC to not damage this one. Is all about knowing where weapons are. To have weapons to spawn in a zone that zone must be captured first.

Maybe just with flamethrower and rpg is a good idea use the apc.

The sniper is in your base and you can snip from there as on this game the shots travel instantly to the exact point you are aiming on even from a huge distance.

It isn't on the spawn point, but on the zone closest to your main base (capture it, then you can find the turret on a small hill).

If I have 3 bots on the opposing team sitting in a 4x4, and they drive into a land mine does that count as 3 air to surface AND 3 land mine kills?

Also

If i have 3 bots in a 4x4 and i machine gun the jeep to low health then finish it off with a swarm missile or lightning gun does that count as the weapon AND air to surface?

2 hours ago, ROFL-WAFFLES said:

If I have 3 bots on the opposing team sitting in a 4x4, and they drive into a land mine does that count as 3 air to surface AND 3 land mine kills?

Also

If i have 3 bots in a 4x4 and i machine gun the jeep to low health then finish it off with a swarm missile or lightning gun does that count as the weapon AND air to surface?

1: yes if you are inside the aircraft

2: yes, for the weapon that actually killed.

I saw a post or two in here with concerns about server stability. Just an fyi, they've never been stable. When I was on it over two years ago, it was common for the servers to error out for a day or two straight. For anybody reading this thread thinking they can cram 180 hrs into two and a half weeks, it may not be up to you and what you're capable of. I'd highly discourage anybody else from starting this game at this point.

If anybody needs the clan trophies, I can help with those. I believe I still have leadership of the one I was in ages ago.

@VirtualNight

I just saw that you plat Warhawk on my birthday. Found that....interesting. 

Edited by Phil
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, Phil said:

I saw a post or two in here with concerns about server stability. Just an fyi, they've never been stable. When I was on it over two years ago, it was common for the servers to error out for a day or two straight. For anybody reading this thread thinking they can cram 180 hrs into two and a half weeks, it may not be up to you and what you're capable of. I'd highly discourage anybody else from starting this game at this point.

If anybody needs the clan trophies, I can help with those. I believe I still have leadership of the one I was in ages ago.

@VirtualNight

I just saw that you plat Warhawk on my birthday. Found that....interesting. 

In the almost 10 years i played this game i've never found the server stability an issue, i remember only 1 episode when they were offline for weeks years ago. I also considered these servers good, they used to be down at times each month for few hours. And rarely they were down for several days in a row.

As someone suggested before in the last days there were more people online than what the servers could handle so they went down often recently, starting the game now probably is not a good idea, but if you do a huge boost (at least 10 hours per day) is still possible, if you are crazy enough you could do this game in around 5 days assuming you just take 6h to sleep and the rest just boosting.

To avoid confusion about clan, there is no need to have a real one, it is possible to make a fake one in 1min and you can go for the trophy.

I platted Warhawk in that day to remember the day i met my gf... no wait, i'm single, maybe there is something between us then xD

Edited by VirtualNight
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Phil said:

I either need someone to invite me in his 10 player clan or people to join my clan I have with all my accounts, i still need 3 people, let me know if you can help on that.

@GastNDorf

@VirtualNight

The clan I have has a dozen members in it already. I can invite then propote you Gast.

VK, I must have had bad luck then, because there was constant server instability. 

Edit: oh, people have left. There are 9 currently. So Gast, you'll be 10. I sent you an invite. I can promote you as soon as you accept.

Edited by Phil