Advanced boosting tips

VirtualNight

1 hour ago, Phil said:

Edit: oh, people have left. There are 9 currently. So Gast, you'll be 10. I sent you an invite. I can promote you as soon as you accept.

I joined, will go to bed now. When I resume my boost I'll get the trophy hopefully and I'll transfer the lead back.

2 hours ago, APCGrayLocked said:

Virtual, but for the 25 hours in a ground vehicle, it means that they must be done with 1 vehicle (jeep or tank) or i can do 13h in jeep and 12h in tank and so 25h combined?

And are there any modes where you spawn in a tank or other vehicle so we can turbo idle them?

9 hours ago, Phil said:

@GastNDorf

@VirtualNight

The clan I have has a dozen members in it already. I can invite then propote you Gast.

VK, I must have had bad luck then, because there was constant server instability. 

Edit: oh, people have left. There are 9 currently. So Gast, you'll be 10. I sent you an invite. I can promote you as soon as you accept.

Ah, i thought you were talking about the clan battle trophy, i forgot there is this other stuff about 10 members. I could easily get the trophy by inviting 9 my alts in the clan.

Just as curiosity, your clan was actually playing warhawk? if so which tag it has?

3 hours ago, APCGrayLocked said:

Virtual, but for the 25 hours in a ground vehicle, it means that they must be done with 1 vehicle (jeep or tank) or i can do 13h in jeep and 12h in tank and so 25h combined?

Combined, you can do as you just said.

43 minutes ago, ROFL-WAFFLES said:

And are there any modes where you spawn in a tank or other vehicle so we can turbo idle them?

No, you must go inside after each match.

• Like 1

informations about weapons spawn: on the base near the spawn spot, you can find the Sniper (behind a building), the RPG (near the Sniper, behind the tower) and 2 Flamethrowers (one is near the flag pole, the other is to the opposite site of the building [in the curved area of the building]). For the Land Mines, you can find them in the enemy outpost, where there are the Warhawk and 2 jeeps (and you put the DLC map, the APC too).

Talking about the APC, everytime you kill someone that spawns inside the APC, you will get an ammo bag (as all we know). Inside of it, you will obtain all the weapons listed above (for the Land Mines, you will obtain them and you can see this, because there will be a green star in the bottom right corner of the Healing Station [another thing that you will obtain]. To switch the weapons (Healing to Land Mines) select 2 times the weapon).

Land mines i'm 90% sure they are in your main base in front of the Tank location.

Anyone spawning in the APC receives a random weapon, as the intention of the game is allowing you to spawn in the vehicle and give you something for fighting, you never know what you get. Just to specify.

What strategy are people using for TOW missile?

Takes a very long time to respawn and I can't think of a way to make it take less than about 8 hours to boost 1000 kills

Do dropships count for A2A and do they respawn fast enough to be worth using?

Edited by ROFL-WAFFLES

Well, from what I found today for every ground weapon you should use hero mode, as when you're the designated hero you get a batch of every weapon. If you're alone in the team you will always be the hero, so you have all weapon on you and you hardly run out of anything (especially if you do 2 at a time). You could also kill the hero to get his ammo if you need it.

In one afternoon I could do binoculars, flamethrower, RPG and and a good portion of sniper, without the need to run everywhere on the map or capture bases.

Still thinking of a very efficient way to get A2S and most of the warhawk weapons but that may prove difficult.

• Like 1

Just now, GastNDorf said:

Well, from what I found today for every ground weapon you should use hero mode, as when you're the designated hero you get a batch of every weapon. If you're alone in the team you will always be the hero, so you have all weapon on you and you hardly run out of anything (especially if you do 2 at a time). You could also kill the hero to get his ammo if you need it.

In one afternoon I could do binoculars, flamethrower, RPG and and a good portion of sniper, without the need to run everywhere on the map or capture bases.

Still thinking of a very efficient way to get A2S and most of the warhawk weapons but that may prove difficult.

Yes i forgot about Hero mode, in which you get all weapons and your damage is higher than usual. But the problem with Hero is that 1 bot will be hero as well and that  role will rotate, so unless you have plenty of bots that method may not be the best.

Just now, VirtualNight said:

Yes i forgot about Hero mode, in which you get all weapons and your damage is higher than usual. But the problem with Hero is that 1 bot will be hero as well and that  role will rotate, so unless you have plenty of bots that method may not be the best.

Yes this is true, I had 7 guys to kill so obviously it was good enough. Anyway I wouldn't recommend boosting in the first place if you can't have at least 3 alts.

I think Dropship counts as a2a, but it takes awhile to be destroyed...

For A2S there is no better way than getting all bots inside a jeep and destroy it. Only think that can help is to damage the jeep with 2 grenades (all bots spawn with 2 grenades) so that it can be destroyed quickly... if you kill a bot inside the jeep without destroying it, the kill will still count towards A2S assuming you're using the aircraft.

a faster way for the binoculars? I manage to obtain 56 kills with 2 controllers in Spawn Spot (30 mins). That means 10h to reach 1k with Binoculars, 2 days of my time. Geez.

EDIT: i manage to obtain 72 kills on the Fortress map. There isn't a map with 3-4 binoculars, so i can obtain 100+ kills in a round? I search through all Eucadia Map (Valley Run and Eucadia maps) but i manage to find only 2 binoculars (both in the same spot, near the tree near the Spawn Spot, as i said earlier).

Edited by APCGrayLocked

4 hours ago, APCGrayLocked said:

a faster way for the binoculars? I manage to obtain 56 kills with 2 controllers in Spawn Spot (30 mins). That means 10h to reach 1k with Binoculars, 2 days of my time. Geez.

EDIT: i manage to obtain 72 kills on the Fortress map. There isn't a map with 3-4 binoculars, so i can obtain 100+ kills in a round? I search through all Eucadia Map (Valley Run and Eucadia maps) but i manage to find only 2 binoculars (both in the same spot, near the tree near the Spawn Spot, as i said earlier).

With 4 controllers at spawn spot you should be able to hit 360/hour

6 kills per minute if you put them in a vehicle so combine them with A2S

7 hours ago, APCGrayLocked said:

That's why i recommend to do land mines and binocular first, due to the time recharge and weapon replenish.

But there is a map with them, Eucadia biggest map, 1 binocular on the bases 7 and 1 hidden along a narrow path, and on the spot you know (capturing the said bases give you the alternate spawn point and the binocular weapon on its location.

How can you be faster in killing on fortress since bots spawns on right or left side against the pinned spot on eucadia?

Edited by VirtualNight
found out Eucadia has, other big maps have too

57 minutes ago, VirtualNight said:

That's why i recommend to do land mines and binocular first, due to the time recharge and weapon replenish.

But there is a map with them, Eucadia biggest map, 1 binocular on the bases 7 and 1 hidden along a narrow path, and on the spot you know (capturing the said bases give you the alternate spawn point and the binocular weapon on its location.

How can you be faster in killing on fortress since bots spawns on right or left side against the pinned spot on eucadia?

because the spots of the binoculars on fortress map are very close, so i kill with more efficiency. Anyway, i will follow your tip and see if i can obtain 100+ kills.

Just now, APCGrayLocked said:

because the spots of the binoculars on fortress map are very close, so i kill with more efficiency. Anyway, i will follow your tip and see if i can obtain 100+ kills.

Do you know that the aircraft has a flying mode by pressing the Triangle button? and also with double tap on R2 you travel faster. Due to the time recharge, once you have shot with the binocular you have plenty of time to go to pick ammo.

Just now, VirtualNight said:

Do you know that the aircraft has a flying mode by pressing the Triangle button? and also with double tap on R2 you travel faster. Due to the time recharge, once you have shot with the binocular you have plenty of time to go to pick ammo.

obviously i know of the flying mode and the turbo mode. Yet, once i fire all shots from the first binocular and then the second (by picking it from the opposite side of the map), there is a very large dead time. On Fortress map, instead, i work on A2A kills using the Green Missiles, also very near to pick up and i can keep an eye on the spawn spot of the binoculars, so no time wastes.

Just now, APCGrayLocked said:

obviously i know of the flying mode and the turbo mode. Yet, once i fire all shots from the first binocular and then the second (by picking it from the opposite side of the map), there is a very large dead time. On Fortress map, instead, i work on A2A kills using the Green Missiles, also very near to pick up and i can keep an eye on the spawn spot of the binoculars, so no time wastes.

Don't pick a binocular when you have 2 shots as you will lose 1 shot from replenish (since max ammo is 3). Once your binocular is reloading you should do other weapons while waiting, so that once you are done with something like 6 weapons, also the binocular will be done. You shouldn't focus always on 1 weapon per time.

You can proceed with your method if you like it, personally i did what i wrote above and i had no problems.

• Like 1