Tips for DL-VR27 mission?

I'm just about at my wits end with this stupid mission but the advice I've been reading on the internet doesn't make it any easier with the key factor being boiled down to luck. Does anybody have any solid tips or advice that can help me beat this mission? of course, I'll post the winning formula afterwards if it can help others beat it but so far here's what I've been doing:

Immediately equp the pole arm and zandatsu all the soldiers, using the pole arm to quickly refill the meter incase if they ever get a sneaky hit on you (takes around 50 seconds to do this section)
Then I run down and take out the RPG guy and the 2 soldiers afterwards (Usually I'm at the 1.20 mark)
I run back to the start point and unequip the pole arm, then if I'm lucky the gekko and mastiffs are all stuck on the wall at the bottom of the ramp which allows me to lure them up one at a time (although this doesn't work sometimes) despite parrying most of the attacks and allowing the gekko to ram me for an easy kill etc. again, if i'm lucky... I'll be at around the 5 minute mark
Then I'll run back down and execute the soldiers and then making my way further to execute the RPG guys (again if I'm lucky, this mission cheap shots you a lot!)
I haven't got a strategy for the dogs yet, usually I don't have enough time as it'll be 9.30 and there's 2 dogs left, it's difficult to parry the counters with the way the camera is positioned and the fact that there is 4 of them but this is where I use the pole arm and go bat shit crazy on them hoping I can get the triangle and circle prompt to execute them but again, that is very hit and miss

Even VR-18 wasn't nearly as difficult as this but the Virtually Flawless trophy is ultra rare compared to this very rare Hero of the Metaverse trophy which to me doesn't make sense as this is a much harder mission. Can anybody offer me any advice as to where I'm going wrong... I have been trying to attack the Mastiffs one at a time but sometimes if I can't lure them one at a time, all 3 will gang up on me and fuck me mortally despite me not even attacking the other 2 :/ 

Thanks in advance :)

42 minutes ago, ChristIllusion12 said:

Even VR-18 wasn't nearly as difficult as this but the Virtually Flawless trophy is ultra rare compared to this very rare Hero of the Metaverse trophy which to me doesn't make sense as this is a much harder mission.

I haven't played the DLC, so can't offer any helpful advice on that. I can, however, clear up why the DLC trophy isn't rarer than Virtually Flawless. The DLC rarity uses a geometric mean from the amount of game users and DLC users. Check this post for more information:

At first DLC rarity was based on DLC achievers / game owners, which led to DLC trophies being ultra rare. While some cases were correct (for example Mirror's Edge 75 and 99 stars, WipEout HD Stat Life, and The Last of Us Grounded and Grounded+), the majority of the DLC trophies were UR for no reason and changing it was one of the most requested features. Afterwards, it changed to DLC achievers / DLC owners. That was more accurate than the first method, but still not reliable as people could've own the DLC but not earn a trophy in it. Eventually the geometric mean was suggested and implemented. While being far more accurate than the previous 2 methods, it still has some inaccuracies.

Edited by Dragon-Archon
  • Like 1

Kleapathic's videos generally include any advise you're gonna need. Whenever I was stuck in something his way would work, even if it took a few tries, maybe with minor deviations to account for my playstyle.

https://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/vr-mission-expansion/200738-metal-gear-rising-revengeance-vr-mission-expansion-dlc-trophy-guide-roadmap.html#post3673449

Edit: I'll edit this post as I remember details of how I did it. For now I think that you have to back each Fenrir into a corner alone and wail on it, never allowing the camera to look at anything other than the wall, because if I recall correctly they can't attack you from off-camera.

Edited by NamoPh
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...

Old thread but for anyone still struggling, pincer blades are your best friends. They deal a lot of damage to mastiffs to take them out quick (though they are sluggish to use so be careful) and a 3 hit pincer combo on a fenrir is a guaranteed stun, which lets you execute them and do a zandatsu. Much faster than trying to kill them regularly.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
On 21/12/2019 at 9:59 AM, madbuk said:

Old thread but for anyone still struggling, pincer blades are your best friends. They deal a lot of damage to mastiffs to take them out quick (though they are sluggish to use so be careful) and a 3 hit pincer combo on a fenrir is a guaranteed stun, which lets you execute them and do a zandatsu. Much faster than trying to kill them regularly.

Thanks for the tip, beat the mission within an hour using these babies. Got a time of 8:30 on my first attempt, messed up the zandatsu's twice on the fenrir's on later attempts but got there in the end.

• Like 4

• 1 year later...

4After 8 years, I've decided to go back and clean up the remaining VR mission DLC for 100%, and I can declare 27 being the for most of my restarts and failed runs mostly because of missed Blade mode targeting due to some awkward camera positioning and the third and fourth waves of enemies, the latter being that one of them would walk off the stage causing me to fail as well as getting swamped by multiple Mastiffs. But once I got to the Fenrirs, the hardest parts were done after some consecutive practice and being careful with my Blade Mode cuts needed for the final set of Zandatsu. It's not impossible but it's also hard if you're not fast and aggressive enough, so my advice to anyone struggling is don't give up but also take it easy, a lot of things can go wrong if you're not quick with your defense because you're not getting any recovery until the next successful Zandatsu. Here's what I did for a consistent successful run:

1) For Waves 1, 2, and 4 I unequip my sub weapon and used Jump with Forward (or the direction you're facing) with Triangle for Raiden's diving kick move then go into Blade Mode right after, allowing you to get a perfectly aligned crosshair to do your Zandatsu on if you strike from up to downwards on your right analog stick everytime. The kick also locks on the target automatically so you would be able to stop a cyborg in his tracks, good for the RPG guys who are going to walk off the arena so you can kill them or knock them down to the open area below where the Fenrir's will spawn. 

2. The third wave consisting of the Mastiffs and Gekko are where most fail once overwhelmed so once you're done with the second wave of cyborgs head down the ramp to the open area, it's more space for you to move about and see your targets, even using the walls to your advantage to cover your back from open attacks if surrounded. Equip Bloodlust pincers and use on the Mastiff until they're arms and limbs are blue, eventually they'll either go into the QTE stun or after some more sword attacks, their bodies become ready for Blade Mode, wait till they on their arms and knees to go into Blade Mode and target their torsos to Zandatsu them. Also keep an eye out on the Gekko too and watch for it to charge at you for an easy Zandatsu kill. You can cancel the Bloodlust attacks by guarding yourself mid animation anytime while fighting the Mastiff but you can take less damage while using it's charged attacks if you're wanting to damage them faster.

3. Rocket Launcher cyborgs are a priority once they spawn, so take them out fast using the dive kick or polearm cancel into Blade Mode. Once you take those three out, head back up the ramp to deal with the two gun cyborgs in any way that suits you.

4. The Fenrir's never jumped off the arena here for me but you're probably going to stay aggressive to hit the top time so stick to one at a time while defending attacks and use your Pincers to get it to stun or wail on it until it's body become ready for Blade Mode. Rinse and repeat until you're done, hope this helps new hunters.