Crash & Spyro Double Pack

Dex Fragg

2 hours ago, Valyrious said:

Six games for the price of one? I doubt it, at least for a long time. I think both games are well worth the retail price, personally.

yeah they are so worth it, but from what i've heard the double pack will be 60$ so the same price as if you buy them in the 2 pack

1 hour ago, Crispy_Oglop said:

Where did you hear the rumour?

some sites had it as a pre-order but pulled it within seconds

Just now, kidson2004 said:

What? Mate, it’s one of the best games from the PS era. Honestly, I put in so many hours just playing it it’s not even funny. One of my personal favorites for sure. 

I didn't like racing games at the time, so avoided it. Racing still isn't one of my favourite genres, but at least now I know how to race :lol: .

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Dragon-Archon said:

I didn't like racing games at the time, so avoided it. Racing still isn't one of my favourite genres, but at least now I know how to race :lol: .

I don't really like racing games either, but CTR is the best kart game ever, just need to play like the original one did and have online. :) 

Edited by MMDE
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, MMDE said:

I don't really like racing games either, but CTR is the best kart game ever, just need to play like the original one did and have online. :) 

Bro, if they do remaster this and add online play, best believe it’ll be crazy fun! I would honestly play the hell out the online. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, SnowxSakura said:

I had never even heard of it until I got much older, still haven't played it either.

Crazy talk. Back in the day, all the kids got PS1 and N64, and the N64 kids had Mario Kart 64, Diddy Kong Racing and F-Zero X. Mario Kart 64 was often played when you went home to someone. PS1 didn't have any clear party racing games like that. Sure, there was WipEout, but first game didn't even have split screen, and it was aimed at a bit older generation. There was of course Twisted Metal, but not as fit for kids. Gran Turismo was great, but not exactly party material. Never liked Ridge Racer, and Destruction Derby wasn't exactly a normal racing game by any means.

Then, in 1999, you got some of PS1's best racing and kart games. If you just search racing ps1 on google, CTR will be the first listed, for good reason. Blatant rip-off of Mario Kart 64 with story elements of Diddy Kong Racing, Crash Team Racing was just the better game in all regards. Better controls, better levels, had all the same modes, just as good weapons, just as good characters (maybe not as icon as Mario, Crash games had still sold like 15 million copies at this point). I can't stress enough how well it actually runs. It did pretty much everything you wanted and can think of from a kart game.

In 1999 you also got Gran Turismo 2, WipEout 3, Speed Freaks, Hot Wheels Turbo Racing, Lego Racers, Need for Speed: High Stakes, Racing Lagoon, all being some of the best PS1 racing games. Early 2000 you also got Walt Disney World Quest: Magical Racing Tour (one of the top 3 best kart games on PS1, Speed Freaks being second which was actually released the same month in USA, and CTR first place). Yeah, winter 1999 was the racing year for PS1, and topping that was CTR and Gran Turismo 2, which are the best racing games of that generation IMO. xD 

Edited by MMDE

11 minutes ago, MMDE said:

Crazy talk. Back in the day, all the kids got PS1 and N64, and the N64 kids had Mario Kart 64, Diddy Kong Racing and F-Zero X. Mario Kart 64 was often played when you went home to someone. PS1 didn't have any clear party racing games like that. Sure, there was WipEout, but first game didn't even have split screen, and it was aimed at a bit older generation. There was of course Twisted Metal, but not as fit for kids. Gran Turismo was great, but not exactly party material. Never liked Ridge Racer, and Destruction Derby wasn't exactly a normal racing game by any means.

Then, in 1999, you got some of PS1's best racing and kart games. If you just search racing ps1 on google, CTR will be the first listed, for good reason. Blatant rip-off of Mario Kart 64 with story elements of Diddy Kong Racing, Crash Team Racing was just the better game in all regards. Better controls, better levels, had all the same modes, just as good weapons, just as good characters (maybe not as icon as Mario, Crash games had still sold like 15 million copies at this point). I can't stress enough how well it actually runs. It did pretty much everything you wanted and can think of from a kart game.

In 1999 you also got Gran Turismo 2, WipEout 3, Speed Freaks, Hot Wheels Turbo Racing, Lego Racers, Need for Speed: High Stakes, Racing Lagoon, all being some of the best PS1 racing games. Yeah, 1999 was the racing year for PS1, and topping that was CTR and Gran Turismo 2, which are the best racing games of that generation IMO. xD 

Only racing game I had as a kid was Super Mario Kart on the snes, although I did have a ps1 and n64, never owned mario kart 64 or diddy kong racing

edit: I did have jet moto on the ps1, but that's really a different type of racing

Edited by SnowxSakura