Platinum Achievable?

marciano744fiero

Hi! 

I am an old player of the series (NBA 2K11,12 and14) and I would like to come back to it with this one, but so far I see that there are some trophies really difficult to get as I read in the "Trophy Thoughts". I want some advice from those players that are actually going for the plat - Any walktrough you will follow? Is it achievable for old rusty 2k player or it´s simply way too much time consuming?

Thank you guys! :)

Currently, it is not achievable due to some of the trophies for myteam not being achievable because of certain cards not being out. Once they do come out, however, it really is luck based. First, the playnow online games are pretty annoying, its doable but frustrating, let alone the 10 games of "greatest of all time", view percentage for the other installments of the game. Second, mycareer is pretty easy, the toughest trophy would be winning dodgeball, mainly luck based. MyGm and MyLeague are pretty much a breeze, MyTeam, you need to acquire a signature card so you have to get lucky with a locker code or with a pack opening, Same goes for the numbered card. You have to go 12-0 in myteam unlimited, so you might get lucky with disconnected people or cruddy players, but that luck is rare. You need to get one of each gem card so all from emerald to galaxy opal I'm pretty sure, and you need to collect a buttload of cards for getting GOAT collector level. It's definitely a game I don't try to platinum, it's kind of one I casually get trophies along the way and maybe hope to do so. If you want to go for it, I wish you the best of luck because I suck online and know I can't do it. Don't let that make you go away from the game though because it's great, so much improvement from the last installment as well, and a bit of an upgrade from 2k14 lol.

Edited by xBloodxRampag3x
add more
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, HaserPL said:

NBA, once again, shows the middle finger to trophy hunters. 

I sort of agree. I don't expect every game to be super easy to platinum. Madden has been easy to platinum the past couple of years, same goes for mlb, they first were so annoying to do it wasn't worth it. NBA might come around sometime, but right now it's too tough unless you are extremely lucky and really good.

6 hours ago, xBloodxRampag3x said:

Currently, it is not achievable due to some of the trophies for myteam not being achievable because of certain cards not being out. Once they do come out, however, it really is luck based. First, the playnow online games are pretty annoying, its doable but frustrating, let alone the 10 games of "greatest of all time", view percentage for the other installments of the game. Second, mycareer is pretty easy, the toughest trophy would be winning dodgeball, mainly luck based. MyGm and MyLeague are pretty much a breeze, MyTeam, you need to acquire a signature card so you have to get lucky with a locker code or with a pack opening, Same goes for the numbered card. You have to go 12-0 in myteam unlimited, so you might get lucky with disconnected people or cruddy players, but that luck is rare. You need to get one of each gem card so all from emerald to galaxy opal I'm pretty sure, and you need to collect a buttload of cards for getting GOAT collector level. It's definitely a game I don't try to platinum, it's kind of one I casually get trophies along the way and maybe hope to do so. If you want to go for it, I wish you the best of luck because I suck online and know I can't do it. Don't let that make you go away from the game though because it's great, so much improvement from the last installment as well, and a bit of an upgrade from 2k14 lol.

Yeah, I saw the percentages... shame that they have created this luck-based system where you have to be a sort of pro-player and have the time to expend hours of worthless grinding.

Back in the days, the game had some difficulty to plat, but still doable and rewarding. I will follow your advise, though. I expect some improvement from my good ol' NBA 2K14 haha (Great game btw) :D