4 lists?

rabatopotatoe

2 minutes ago, rolltideroll157 said:

I swear the people that hoard these types of games on their profiles honestly shouldn't be allowed on the leaderboards. But unfortunately that won't ever happen lol

That's where a rarity leaderboard would be good, but Sly and Mango said that they've had problems with this because most of the time, the exact same people are on the top of the leaderboard based on the sheer amount of trophies they have in their profile.

That's why I think common trophies should be worth next to nothing, nothing, or a negative value if the leaderboards are not effected. Meaning that your rank drops because you earn too many common trophies. I'm not saying have common trophies kill your ranking by a lot, but enough to where it changes the perspective of the leaderboard and those who play harder games and go after harder trophies are graciously rewarded. Either that or have ultra rare trophies/very rares/rares be worth tons more than a common/uncommon trophy. I hope they figure it out soon, because I would love to see where my ranking stands compared to the current leaderboard.

I would NOT be one of those people who would truly benefit from a rarity leaderboard as my plats are mostly easy games, but my list does exclude the <1 hour plats like Mayo, Slyde, or energy cycle that have become the new favorite thing among trophy hoarders.

• Like 3

The thing is no one really cares (or at least I wouldn’t care) if there are different stacks between the seperate platforms a certain game is available for as long as those stacks are shared among all reigons (i’m pointing at the Ratchet & Clank / Jak & Daxter trilogies). Funny how no one ever talked about trophy stacks being a bad thing when Sound Shapes released on the PS4 with four stacks (EU, NA, JP, HK) but all it took was the flood of easy platinums (particualy the games with greater than or equal to 4 stacks) to get people talking.

31 minutes ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

That's where a rarity leaderboard would be good, but Sly and Mango said that they've had problems with this because most of the time, the exact same people are on the top of the leaderboard based on the sheer amount of trophies they have in their profile.

That's why I think common trophies should be worth next to nothing, nothing, or a negative value if the leaderboards are not effected. Meaning that your rank drops because you earn too many common trophies. I'm not saying have common trophies kill your ranking by a lot, but enough to where it changes the perspective of the leaderboard and those who play harder games and go after harder trophies are graciously rewarded. Either that or have ultra rare trophies/very rares/rares be worth tons more than a common/uncommon trophy. I hope they figure it out soon, because I would love to see where my ranking stands compared to the current leaderboard.

I would NOT be one of those people who would truly benefit from a rarity leaderboard as my plats are mostly easy games, but my list does exclude the <1 hour plats like Mayo, Slyde, or energy cycle that have become the new favorite thing among trophy hoarders.

Yeah, I would defintily prefer a class before mass than the current mass before class leaderboard

46 minutes ago, B1rvine said:

That's because Sound Shapes is a GREAT game. It was a GOTY contender for the Vita when it came out.  Also, Sound Shapes actually took some effort to platinum the first time, so it's not a "cheap" platinum.  There's some levels I'd say are at least moderately hard to beat. It also was a different era in trophy hunting, pretty much the first game of easy plats when cloud sharing.

The games now are purposely programmed and sold as a trophy game for quick money.  1000 Top Rated had a commercial that advertised it as an effortless trophy game. Little Adventures on the Prairie dev said in an interview the game was built for quick money since trophy hunters would buy it.  The problem with these games are that majority of them wouldn't stand on their own two feet if trophies weren't added in.

I personally have two problems with these games. 1) Essentially, greedy dev's are taking advantage of trophy hunters' additions to be a top trophy hunter etc and 2) I don't want to see the PS Store flooded with sub par "games".

I've read that some devs make trash games with easy trophies to help fund games they actually want to make. Pretty much a quick cash grab from trophy hunters.

The only way to really stop it is either Sony filters out the games before they reach the store or if trophy hunters collectively stop paying for them which I don't see either one happening anytime soon.

I'll support small devs, and I want them to have a chance but only for quality games. 

I enjoy a wide mix of games and I love me an easy slutty platinum alright.

I've never gone out of my way to further myself on the leaderboards I couldn't care less, I just love nothing more than hearing that truly wonderful DING sound. After I'm done with a difficult or big grind game I'll always have a nice easy one to blast and watch a nice trophy shower. Ratalaika games imo are one of the best if not the best devs when it comes to these little beauties. Not only are their games well made but they are also fun to play. A far cry from the likes of orc slayer and eekeemoo. Nothing worse than getting an easy plat game for dirt cheap in a sale to find its actually a glitchy shitfest and that easy 1-2 hour plat ends up taking days ? serves you right you dirty little trophy whore.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, rabatopotatoe said:

I know that now but should it not be 2 lists because they all have the ps4 and vita symbols meaning there crossbuy lists.

The game will not be cross buy.

Moderator/Admin will change to one symbol, when more information comes in.

--------

Dunno when this is out, maybe Oct-November. 

Edited by Kishnabe
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, I need more BIOSHOCK said:

I enjoy a wide mix of games and I love me an easy slutty platinum alright.

I've never gone out of my way to further myself on the leaderboards I couldn't care less, I just love nothing more than hearing that truly wonderful DING sound. After I'm done with a difficult or big grind game I'll always have a nice easy one to blast and watch a nice trophy shower. Ratalaika games imo are one of the best if not the best devs when it comes to these little beauties. Not only are their games well made but they are also fun to play. A far cry from the likes of orc slayer and eekeemoo. Nothing worse than getting an easy plat game for dirt cheap in a sale to find its actually a glitchy shitfest and that easy 1-2 hour plat ends up taking days 1f602.png serves you right you dirty little trophy whore.

Ratalaika games isnt the developer

they are the publisher

18 hours ago, Skeptical69 said:

The thing is no one really cares (or at least I wouldn’t care) if there are different stacks between the seperate platforms a certain game is available for as long as those stacks are shared among all reigons (i’m pointing at the Ratchet & Clank / Jak & Daxter trilogies). Funny how no one ever talked about trophy stacks being a bad thing when Sound Shapes released on the PS4 with four stacks (EU, NA, JP, HK) but all it took was the flood of easy platinums (particualy the games with greater than or equal to 4 stacks) to get people talking.

Sound Shapes actually has 6 stacks in total if you include the PS3 and PS Vita versions.

Hmm... I'm at least intrigued about this game. I know it'll be easy anyway (unless it ends up being like Energy Balance lol) ;)  but then again, if the glitch is in the new one, we could be in for yet another 20 minute platinum. Otherwise, it might end up being maybe a 2 hour platinum, or longer, like Energy Invasion. :blah: (That game got boring eventually I'm not sorry to say, despite the fact I bothered to play it multiple times for the sake of trophies lol) 

Anyway, let's see what the game is like before we jump to conclusions I'd say. :awesome:

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 9/28/2018 at 9:13 PM, rabatopotatoe said:

Is this just another 20 minute get multiple plats game?

I was provided a key for this game by Sometimes You.. and I must say, after playing the game for a few hours, the plat time for this sequel will be more in the 1 to 2 hour range.. and that's WITH a guide (once one has been made).. Without a guide, I can only assume a range of 3 to 50 hours for plat lol....... With that being said, i must mention that these aren't necessarily my favorite types of puzzle games?

Energy Cycle Edge adds an interesting new feature entirely with '3D puzzles' where you have to match up multiple axis' by pressing L1 / R1 to switch between them & match them all up.. these begin in the 2nd chapter/world.. ALL of the puzzles are available to play from the get go, and the puzzles def get harder at quite a rapid pace (they did for me, at least)..

Also, for gamers who prefer less detailed color-cells, there is an option to change those to the old classic color-cells! (Makes it much easier on the eyes for a 33 year old gamer like myself)

Not a bad sequel at all though.. Should be a good challenge for people who enjoy these types of puzzle/matching games.. But I, personally, will be waiting for a guide to aim for my platinum trophy!?

The game is released December 5th..

Good luck to whomever decides to tackle this guide!!!?