Unlocking Nightmare at the beginning

aZombieDictator

7 hours ago, aZombieDictator said:

still don't know if there's any missables though.

There is 3 missables trophies. The endings trophies are missables but you can get both trophies in one playthrough if you upload your save file before you choose the end, and "Silent Archaeologist" trophy is kinda missable if you miss getting any orb without breaking its pedestal. 

Edited by z-Blazee
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, z-Blazee said:

There is 3 missables trophies. The endings trophies are missables but you can get both trophies in one playthrough if you upload your save file before you choose the end, and "Silent Archaeologist" trophy is kinda missable if you miss getting any orb without breaking its pedestal. 

How do you do the orb thing?

Also nightmare mode is absolutely ridiculous, 2 hits and dead... I'm not getting platinum lol

1 hour ago, aZombieDictator said:

Ahh ok, is that something that happens later in the story?

No, you can do it on the first orb or any other orb. 

I got the platinum (Vita) few hours ago and the frame drops sometimes if there is a lot of things in the screen.

Edited by z-Blazee
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, z-Blazee said:

No, you can do it on the first orb or any other orb. 

I got the platinum (Vita) few hours ago and the frame drops sometimes if there is a lot of things in the screen.

Well what do you mean by orb? Like a save point? Or? I have no idea what I'm looking for. 

And nice, yeah that's why I tried to play on PS4 so I wouldn't have frame drops but then a got a few trophies and realized lists were separate, even though it says PS4/Vita on both lists. So I guess 4 play throughs for me lol

Edited by aZombieDictator

45 minutes ago, aZombieDictator said:

Well what do you mean by orb? Like a save point? Or? I have no idea what I'm looking for.

Orb you used as weapons. Some orbs are obtained by killing a boss. Others are  obtained by breaking Orb Pedestals. 

To get the orb without breaking its pedestal you have to freeze the time when you see the rings around orb like this

HGbejML.jpg?o=1

• Like 1

2 hours ago, z-Blazee said:

Orb you used as weapons. Some orbs are obtained by killing a boss. Others are  obtained by breaking Orb Pedestals. 

To get the orb without breaking its pedestal you have to freeze the time when you see the rings around orb like this

HGbejML.jpg?o=1

Ahh ok, yet to see one of those. 

• 4 weeks later...
4 hours ago, vanillamoose said:

Hi there I know this is a bit off topic, but does anyone know how to acquire siren ink? I’ve been killing sirens hoping this item would be a drop, but I’ve had no luck...any help will be greatly appreciated :)

Did you buy the one equipment from the merchant crow that's said to increase the treasure drop rate (the Ancient Coin for 3,000 gold each)? If not I would give it a try with it. Don't know if it influences only the drop rate for gold or also for items but I would give it a try. Otherwise the only advise I can give is to kill the enemies and going back and forth to force a respawn until the items drop.

Edited by Crimson Idol
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Crimson Idol said:

Did you buy the one equipment from the merchant crow that's said to increase the treasure drop rate (the Ancient Coin for 3,000 gold each)? If not I would give it a try with it. Don't know if it influences only the drop rate for gold or also for items but I would give it a try. Otherwise the only advise I can give is to kill the enemies and going back and forth to force a respawn until the items drop.

Thanks crimson I’ll go ahead and buy that accessory ;)

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
On 7/11/2020 at 4:06 PM, LordBilbanes said:

In case anyone is still interested in this game, Nightmare mode has a damage modifier that adds a set 65 HP to all damage taken.

Can you elaborate on this? Game is on sale and I’d be interested to pick it up for Vita

2 minutes ago, aZombieDictator said:

Don't start with nightmare, it's nigh impossible first playthrough. NG+ into it. I beat the game 4 times for the 2 stacks and it wasn't bad.

Thanks! I wasn't sure from your post if there was a way to do Nightmare with a modifier. But I understand now what you meant. I shall not jump in on Nightmare :)

Do you recommend the game otherwise? I enjoy a good metroidvania

10 hours ago, diskdocx said:

Thanks! I wasn't sure from your post if there was a way to do Nightmare with a modifier. But I understand now what you meant. I shall not jump in on Nightmare :)

Do you recommend the game otherwise? I enjoy a good metroidvania

I didn't find nightmare to be particularly difficult on my first playthrough. I'd probably give the game 5/10 difficulty even starting with nightmare.

Normal enemies only have one attack, and bosses start with around three which increases as you progress through the game. But in most cases it's clearly telegraphed and there are easy ways of avoiding them. 

You can take 3 hits in nightmare as soon as the game starts, but your max health increases much faster than the amount of damage you'll be taking from enemies. 

Later on you can use ranged weapons so you don't even need to deal with many attacks at all. By the end of the game you can just spam the attack button and finish enemies off before they have a chance to react. That even goes for bosses, especially with the ring that lets you do double damage.

Edited by Shadiochao
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Shadiochao said:

I didn't find nightmare to be particularly difficult on my first playthrough. I'd probably give the game 5/10 difficulty even starting with nightmare.

Normal enemies only have one attack, and bosses start with around three which increases as you progress through the game. But in most cases it's clearly telegraphed and there are easy ways of avoiding them. 

You can take 3 hits in nightmare as soon as the game starts, but your max health increases much faster than the amount of damage you'll be taking from enemies. 

Later on you can use ranged weapons so you don't even need to deal with many attacks at all. By the end of the game you can just spam the attack button and finish enemies off before they have a chance to react. That even goes for bosses, especially with the ring that lets you do double damage.

I feel like two playthroughs is quicker than 1 nightmare. 

100% first playthrough, speedrun 2nd. It took me under 2 hours for the 2nd playthrough both times.

You'd spend so much extra time dying in nightmare as well.

• Like 1