Alexios or Kassandra; who are you playing as?

Valyrious

Who is your main character?  

188 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your main character?

• Kassandra
    • Alexios

Kassandra... since playing as a male in these games gets repetitive, there's really only been like, 2 or 3 other females, one from the main series, one from the Vita game, and then I think one (maybe two), from those chronicles games).

But really, need something different than another male character yet again.  But hey, that's just me.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, PhantomBlade19 said:

I wanted to play as Kassandra because she is the "main protagonist" designed for the game, but since there are love interests and choices around it within the game, I might pick Alexios instead. Hard to choose, haven't decided yet.

I feel exactly the same. Especially since I saw that she can sleep with people to Complete tasks.

Edited by Rhevarr

I‘ve just started pre-downloading it from the store and will be choosing Alexios. I’ve always preferred playing as male characters and a female warrior doesn’t make sense to me in that time period, like someone mentioned before.

2 minutes ago, Rhevarr said:

I feel exactly the same. Especially since I saw that she can sleep with people to Complete tasks.

From what I’ve heard both characters have the same romantic options available so you should be able to do that with Alexios as well.

• Like 1

I'm actually shocked how divided it is. Pretty happy to see that there's an equal amount of interest for both characters. I kinda felt like Kassandra would be the more universally loved character.

Still disappointed there isn't a trophy for beating the game as both characters so it at least rewarded those that want to play as both characters. But at the same time, you run the risk of pissing people off that don't want to play through it twice just to get a platinum trophy.

5 hours ago, FielVeredus said:

Personally i dont find female spartan make sense in this time period so i stick with Alexios. Dont care about those canon of books since the story is mess up long ago. I mainly play this game for historical sim anyway.

I also felt like this was a big reason for me leaning towards Alexios. Nothing really against seeing a female in that Spartan armor... but to me it feels out of place seeing her in certain armor sets. I definitely enjoy that they give people the choice to choose who they want to play, but at the same time, picking to play as the female because it's different is an ideology I have never and most likely will never take for myself. Still will do a second playthrough with Kassandra though, for completions sake.

• Like 2

I usually tend to pick the "canon" character if there is one when given a choice. Hence why I went with BroShep for the Mass Effect trilogy, and was pleasantly surprised to see Meer outdo Hale in the final game.

So I guess for this game this means Kassandra? To give Ubisoft credit, it seems to me they did everything they could to make it somewhat plausible. They picked Sparta, where women would also be rigorously trained, albeit not for the purpose of going to war. And if I'm reading the backstory right she's a rogue civilian turned mercenary, rather than an actual soldier, which would be a big no-no. The only sticking point would be the extent of her involvement to the Peloponnesian War.

... then again all of that plausibility talk goes out the window when they made the siblings actual grandchildren of Leonidas.

2 hours ago, iAlphaSoldier_ said:

From what I’ve heard both characters have the same romantic options available so you should be able to do that with Alexios as well.

Not romantic. Like randomly to Complete side tasks, while Alexius can just force him to get what he wants.

Edited by Rhevarr

2 minutes ago, Rhevarr said:

Not romantic. Like randomly to Complete side tasks, while Alexius can just force him to get what he wants.

I found this article that disagrees with your statement.

[...] So yes, we feature romance as an option for people, and there will be options for you. It doesn’t matter who you are, there will be an option that suits you.[...]

You know what guys? I was 100% sure i'd play as Alexios, but after seeing this thread and doing a bit of research, i'm thinking of going with Kassandra. Is it true that she's confirmed as canon? I've read that her voice actor did a much better job than Alexios and that her personality is different and more fun?