Alexios or Kassandra; who are you playing as?

Valyrious

Who is your main character?  

188 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your main character?

• Kassandra
    • Alexios

As much as I enjoy Ubisoft games I have always found their protagonists to be the weakest parts of their games. Not so with Odyssey, I fell in love with Kass in about 5 mins... I can't speak for Alexios but 10 hours in and Kass is very well done.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Spawn said:

It is weird to me that in a series that has: experiencing ancestors' memories through your own DNA (or just dried up blood that's lying around in bodies or on stuff), Adam and Eve being not only real, but fabricated slaves to a super race, tea that can make you do crazy magic shit, dozens if not hundreds of alien-looking caves that just lie open yet have somehow never been seen by the general public, mind control orbs, a solar flare event in 2012 that never happened in real life, Monteriggioni being at least double its own size and containing a huge villa that isn't there in real life, mind-melding with birds and much, much more...

... That having a single woman on a small Greek island grow up as a mercenary because her 'guardian' thought she was of best use that way, somehow is beyond the suspension of disbelief.

Most of your examples are based on the present day storyline that most Assassin's Creed fans universally despise. Kind of a weak pillar to build your basis around.

People stopped caring about the abysmal Abstergo storyline when they ended Desmond's story (and in terrible fashion). But sure, if that's the only crux you can come up with to make people feel ridiculous for wanting a semi-realistic war setting... you're probably better off joining the others by saying "I like Kassandra. She's canon, and I like her voice better."

Edited by Valyrious
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, Valyrious said:

Most of your examples are based on the present day storyline that most Assassin's Creed fans universally despise. Kind of a weak pillar to build your basis around.

People stopped caring about the abysmal Abstergo storyline when they ended Desmond's story (and in terrible fashion). But sure, if that's the only crux you can come up with to make people feel ridiculous for wanting a semi-realistic war setting... you're probably better off joining the others by saying "I like Kassandra. She's canon, and I like her voice better."

I count eight examples in my post, only thee of which (DNA memories, Adam/Eve, solar flare) are about things experienced in the present. The other five are inside the historical settings themselves. Care to try again?

You know, instead of trying to insult me (which could be flipped super quick, in case you don't realise), you could also try not insulting me. What the hell is canon? That one novel I'm never reading anyway, you mean? Yeah I like Kassandra more, as I have already stated, and I don't see why preferring her would be a point of ridicule.

"semi-realistic war setting"... True, it's so often in battle that a soldier views targets through an eagle's eyes and then makes his sword radiate poison for eight seconds. Come on, dude, Assassin's Creed has a thin layer of "history!" over a very big bag of fiction. If you prefer Alexios, so be it, but if you pretend it's because of historic "accuracy", then there's a whole bag of other dtuff you've had to ignore first before getting to "one woman is a fighter in ancient Greece". As said, there's much more stuff wrong with these games than having a single woman grow up as a fighter. And female warriors, while not exactly common in ancient times, aren't exactly nonexistent either, if you must know.

I mean, if you prefer Alexios, that's your call, but don't try to make me into someone who only picks Kassandra because he disliked Alexios's voice or because some book uses her as the protagonist, and saying "it's not accurate" just opens up a whole other bag of Things Assassin's Creed Is Wrong In that neither of us feel like thinking about.

• Like 1

There has been women in armys even since the estimated time of Trojan War. And like Spawn said, 

12 minutes ago, Spawn said:

And female warriors, while not exactly common in ancient times, aren't exactly nonexistent either, if you must know.

I don't see how a mercenary woman would be impossible. If you prefer Alexios, congratulations. If you have a problem with women being protagonists, it's your problem, not everyone else's.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, matigrosso91 said:

There has been women in armys even since the estimated time of Trojan War. And like Spawn said, 

I don't see how a mercenary woman would be impossible. If you prefer Alexios, congratulations. If you have a problem with women being protagonists, it's your problem, not everyone else's.

If anything, AC Odyssey could've been harsher on Kassandra. Though female warriors wasn't unheard of, some Greeks had a real problem with it - as evidenced in the myths of the Amazonians which, if I recall my classes in Greek Mythology correctly, were said to cut of one breast to be better archers, because to some Greeks that was a very bad thing to do - trading their female beauty so they could be better killers.

Though I DID notice in Odyssey, that Kassandra isn't even a soldier, just someone who based on fighting and tracking skill gets her jobs done. When she's drafted into the Spartan army, it's less "but you're a woman", and more "Seriously? You destroyed all those ships? We must have you on our side instead of on the other side!"

Correct me if I'm wrong but it also seems that there are zero other female soldiers in the game, and most if not all bounty hunters are men, and the few bandits that are female, are archers instead of melee fighters. Seems reasonable to me.

• Like 1