iAlphaSoldier_

Platinum per year stat

24 posts in this topic

You can easily check your trophies per day but I'd like to see how many platinums I average per year since earning the first trophy. 

 

Is there a possibility to view that?

Edited by iAlphaSoldier_
Edited out „plat per day“ and rephrased the sentence
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, iAlphaSoldier_ said:

You can easily check your trophies per day/year but I'd like to see how many platinums I average since the making of my account.

 

Is there a possibility to view that?

 

Yeah, I was just thinking about this too

be good if it was shown properly in our stats

 

Edited by CalicoReidso
Had wrong answer
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe just use calculator and multiply your platinum count by your "trophies per day" count and then divide it by your total trophy count.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, CalicoReidso said:

 

Not sure what you actually mean, but if you use the filter cats on your Trophy Log

you will see your plats: https://psnprofiles.com/iAlphaSoldier_/log?type=platinum

He means the counter on top of the profile which indicates how many trophies you earned on average. Only he wants it for plats then.

 

The avarage plats per day stat is just pointless since most (normal) players will just have between 0 to 0,3 at max or something. Only top of the leaderboards and easy game spammers will get a high amount.

 

Per year can actually be good, but then again isn't it just a useless addition which serves close to no purpose? I rather want to see which games I platted then OMG I got 50 plats in this year woohoo.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Bumperklever said:

He means the counter on top of the profile which indicates how many trophies you earned on average. Only he wants it for plats then.

 

The avarage plats per day stat is just pointless since most (normal) players will just have between 0 to 0,3 at max or something. Only top of the leaderboards and easy game spammers will get a high amount.

 

Per year can actually be good, but then again isn't it just a useless addition which serves close to no purpose? I rather want to see which games I platted then OMG I got 50 plats in this year woohoo.

 

Yeah, I realized that after I had posted (still need to wake up - need stronger coffee),

so I edited my last post with a diffrent answer about a minute before you replied

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Bumperklever said:

Per year can actually be good, but then again isn't it just a useless addition which serves close to no purpose? I rather want to see which games I platted then OMG I got 50 plats in this year woohoo.

 

There are always people who find certain stats useless. Everyone wants different things. I just thought a site that is focused on trophy hunting and going for plats could show me additional plat specific statistics.

 

From what I see, all info needed to display plats per year are already collected by the site so it should be possible to display the number on the profile.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  "...since the making of my account"

not sure if this is public. can you tell when i made my account (month/year)? date of my 1st trophy is the wrong answer btw.

Edited by Iiah
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Iiah said:

  "...since the making of my account"

not sure if this is public. can you tell when i made my account (month/year)? date of my 1st trophy is the wrong answer btw.

That info isn’t public you can only check that yourself. To me the day I made the account is synonymous with the day you earned your first plat. That’s also reflected in the trophy per day stat that is already displayed on everyone’s profile so I didn’t feel the need to specify it more. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

if going by date of 1st platinum then for me it's nearly 2 years off. if such statistics would be implemented then i think it should be "since 1st trophy".

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why have a counter for a trophy you get for free.

 

Amount is the only one you need, You can always go into Trophy Log > Platinums and count the ones you've gotten by date.

That can't take more then 5-10 mins depending on quantity.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

you don't even need to count them. it's already visible.

and this is faster than 5-10 minutes:

1 hour ago, sashamence said:

Maybe just use calculator and multiply your platinum count by your "trophies per day" count and then divide it by your total trophy count.

Edited by Iiah
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Iiah said:

you don't even need to count them. it's already visible.

10 minutes ago, NightRusticDawn said:

Why have a counter for a trophy you get for free.

 

Amount is the only one you need, You can always go into Trophy Log > Platinums and count the ones you've gotten by date.

That can't take more then 5-10 mins depending on quantity.

 

Yes, it shows all plats there just like the total plats at the top of my profile. I'm also able to filter only games I have the plat for.

 

But again, I wanted to know if there's a stat that displays the plats per year and not the total in general.

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, iAlphaSoldier_ said:

But again, I wanted to know if there's a stat that displays the plats per year and not the total in general.

2,5 per day (912,5 per year) atm for you if it helps you in any way.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Iiah said:

2,5 per day (912,5 per year) atm for you if it helps you in any way.

Thank you for taking the time to do that :yay:

 

What formula did you use? If I take 365 days/year and divde it by the number of plats I have (20) I get 18.25.

 

 

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Iiah said:

  "...since the making of my account"

not sure if this is public. can you tell when i made my account (month/year)? date of my 1st trophy is the wrong answer btw.

The trophy a day system is already in place. So the platinums per year system would not be a problem at all using the same calculations.

 

3 hours ago, iAlphaSoldier_ said:

Thank you for taking the time to do that :yay:

 

What formula did you use? If I take 365 days/year and divde it by the number of plats I have (20) I get 18.25.

 

The other guy just did your plats you have know divided by days youve been playing (equals plats per day) and times 365 (equals plats you should attain a year) so not really a count but more an estimation. best way is the formula you wrote. 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, iAlphaSoldier_ said:

What formula did you use?

 

His formula isn't correct. Your platimums per year are actually 730, as of today when I'm writing this, if using the first trophy as your start day. Your account has existed for 10 days.

 

Formula is:

 

20             x

---    =    -----

10           365

 

 

20 multiplied by 365, then divided by 10 gives you an equivalent ratio, which is 730.

 

Edit: it may appear your account is 9 days old, but its actually 10.  21st,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30 are 10 unique days.

 

Edit 2 : Good luck maintaining that :)

 

 

Edited by B1rvine
2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, iAlphaSoldier_ said:

What formula did you use? If I take 365 days/year and divde it by the number of plats I have (20) I get 18.25

 

platinum count * trophies per day /total trophy count = platinums per day

platinums per day * 365 days = platinums per year

15 hours ago, B1rvine said:

His formula isn't correct.

it's correct. platinum count, total trophies count and trophies per day have changed meanwhile

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well I personally think its a nice idea. More stats the better.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

More personal stats would be great.

* Trophies/platinums per month

* Trophies/platinums per year
* Trophies/platinums per platform

 

I know you can look them up in table form, but it would be nice to see them in chart form.  I have an excel spreadsheet with my platinum and 100% games, when I completed them, and i get some great conversion tables out of it.  I get to see how many Platinums, 100% games, DLCs, and Completed games I have done (100% games are just without platinums and completed games are games I got 100% of the trophies) per month, and per year.  I also track other things like monthly themes I have with my friend to get myself to play games I wouldnt otherwise play.

Edited by JNSpradlin
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Iiah said:

 

platinum count * trophies per day /total trophy count = platinums per day

platinums per day * 365 days = platinums per year

it's correct. platinum count, total trophies count and trophies per day have changed meanwhile

 

I only looked at your answer and assumed it was incorrect. 

 

Looking a bit closer, we actually used the same formula, yet somehow got different answers. I think the answers differed based on how a “day” was calculated.

 

You used 8 days, in which your 912.5 would be correct, I used 10 days, in which 730 is right. Which is odd, since posted only 4 hours after you, and I clearly laid out 10 days.

 

I think a the discrepancy is different time zones may have slightly days shown for us, and we don’t know exactly when the trophies per day gets updated.

 

The true answer is probably in between our values if going by the exact second you look.

 

@iAlphaSoldier_

 

 

 

 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, B1rvine said:

Looking a bit closer, we actually used the same formula, yet somehow got different answers. I think the answers differed based on how a “day” was calculated.

i calculate day as 24h. meaning that if i get first trophy at 9am on Oct 1st then 1 day has passed at 9am on Oct 2nd (it's still 1 day despite it being 2 dates) etc. from 21st to 30 for me is 9 days (21+9=30)

 

2 hours ago, B1rvine said:

You used 8 days

  actually i used trophies per day stat from profile page.

Edited by Iiah
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Iiah said:

i calculate day as 24h. meaning that if i get first trophy at 9am on Oct 1st then 1 day has passed at 9am on Oct 2nd (it's still 1 day despite it being 2 dates) etc. from 21st to 30 for me is 9 days (21+9=30)

 

@iAlphaSoldier_ so ultimately we're both using the same formula, just disagree on what day you're on.

 

Technically, neither of us are wrong here. It all depends how you define a day.  My method takes partial days into account (ie a day always starts at midnight at 0:00), meaning you started during day 1. liah’s is based on a 24 hour period, with no partial days accounted for, and would have you starting on day 0 (more on this in a moment). In the long run, this discrepancy won't matter since it'll be a hundredth or thousandth of a platinum difference. It only matters for you, because your account is so fresh that even half a day difference wildly changes the outcome for you, and because (for you) we’re not actually calculating your platinums per year, but rather your rate of platinums a year.

 

So why do I believe a partial day should count as a day? Well, if you earn & update your profile midday to increase your plat count, at say, the 28 hour mark, it wouldn't be right to include the plat in the calculation but not the partial day as "during day 2" at that point. Furthermore, if we don't get to day 1 until the 24hr mark, we have a "day 0" problem. The best example to explain this, that is widely known, is by stating that we're in currently in the 21st century, despite it only being 2018. Another example is Oct 1st thru October 1st would otherwise be zero days.  Incorrect (1st - 1st = 0 days) , Correct (1st = 1 day)

 

And back on topic: yeah, the more stats the better.

 

 

Edited by B1rvine
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

(platinums)/(current date - first trophy date)

Edited by MMDE
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.