Eureka game freeze bug?

TheHam__

I have been encountering a bug on the chapter Eureka when Shelby is preparing eggs while I am working towards the trophy The Chef.

The bug happens when I attempt to trigger the QTE to stir the eggs once they are cooking, any time between the second and fourth time stirring - the QTE prompt flickers and slowly fades and leaves Shelby frozen.

I can pause the game and change the camera angle but everything else is unresponsive, I left the game running for a few minutes to see if a cut scene would trigger and release me from the bug but that wasn't the case. I have tried continuing the chapter from the last autosave, replaying the chapter and changing the difficulty (I thought perhaps this would somehow refresh the QTEs and prevent the bug).

Has anyone else encountered this bug? And if so, any tips on how to proceed past it?

No, haven't seen this bug at all.  I just got the eggs out of the fridge, picked up the pan and stirred the eggs.  Be sure to turn on the range.  Stirred the eggs twice, then turned off the range.  Served the eggs.  I didn't do all of the QTEs on stirring the eggs and it still popped a couple of chapters later (Chef trophy).  You might need to just continue on the game and figure after you are done, you will need to pick this one up on a later play through (since you need to play through a few times anyway).  Good luck!

• Like 1

For anyone that may be experiencing this issue I got past it by replaying from the chapter BEFORE Eureka - it stopped the Eureka QTEs from flickering and fading out. Also, as PermaFox suggested may be the case, the trophy popped a couple of chapters later.

Thanks for your help PermaFox.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, TheHam__ said:

For anyone that may be experiencing this issue I got past it by replaying from the chapter BEFORE Eureka - it stopped the Eureka QTEs from flickering and fading out. Also, as PermaFox suggested may be the case, the trophy popped a couple of chapters later.

Thanks for your help PermaFox.

Good for posting what you have discovered!  Yea, what I hate about the game is every time I try to start it, I have to turn the PS off and restart because of the flickering.  Sucks!