Help!! Squad wipe ribbon - glitched??

cardionic

Gentlemen

This weekend I have been boosting BF3 by renting a server. We have been able to unlock everything except for one ribbon needed for the Decorated trophy, and that is Squad Wipe.

i have tried everything. Killing someone in a squad alone, killing 2 people in a squad, even three. Killing by all gun types, knife, grenades, jet, car, tank, everything!! We have played on virtually every game mode multiple times and the bloody ribbon refuses to pop. The only thing on my screen are the points gained by killing a player and nothing else.

could someone PLEASE explain to me what needs to be done in order to unlock this ribbon?

thanks in advance

Edited by cardionic
Spelling

3 minutes ago, cardionic said:

Hey thanks for the answer, but the guide mentions it can even be a one man squad. Is that a mistake then?

Yes it is a mistake, the ribbon only pops from killing a full squad, any less and it won't count

Edit: @cardionicyou also have to wipe a squad twice in a single round to earn the ribbon

Edited by SnowxSakura

Hey! I've completed the game with dlcs few days ago... for the ribbon @SnowxSakura it's right. I couldn't boost this ribbon. I saw on forums and a lot of guides some "different ways" but didn't work.

- If u kill 1 guy alone in 1 patrol, not works.

- 4 guys in 1 patrol two times, not works.

- 2 guys in 1 patrol (1st team) and 2 guys in another patrol (2nd team), not works.

U need to kill a patrol without the guys respawn, so u need to be faster. Two times in the same game for the ribbon. It's a little bit difficult. There's a mode for patrols, but nobody plays this mode actually. U can rent a server for one day and play on this mode or try to boost with this new strategy (kill the guys and the guys waits). 

I think with the same patrol it's possible. This ribbon was my last ribbon for the trophy. I only boosted the ribbon for air warfare and I had the squad wipe ribbon only two times in 50 hours I've played online, lol. 

Hi @Bray_Carl, thank you for the message. I did manage to get the ribbon in the end. I rented a server and played a match 4 vs 1 (me). I misinterpreted the guide where it says “...unless you get lucky and find 1 man squad”. This doesn’t mean 1 person in 1 squad, but 1 person alive in a squad of 4, where 3 are dead and not respawned yet.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, cardionic said:

Hi @Bray_Carl, thank you for the message. I did manage to get the ribbon in the end. I rented a server and played a match 4 vs 1 (me). I misinterpreted the guide where it says “...unless you get lucky and find 1 man squad”. This doesn’t mean 1 person in 1 squad, but 1 person alive in a squad of 4, where 3 are dead and not respawned yet.

Yep, that's true. Congrats for the ribbon!