ryan32289

Is the game really that easy?

63 posts in this topic

So I can see the rarity up to this point is now up to 42% which is uncommon among trophy hunters on this website which is said to be a pretty easy plat correct? I also see that it is bound to go up to 50% if not more in the coming weeks ahead. If so, then I may think about getting this game. Should I obtain this game since it can be a very "simple" plat?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm almost finishing SM and It's a great game to be waisted on ''only buy to plat".

But yes, is super easy to platinum. 

No difficulty trophy, you can play on easy if you like, but have a LOT of sidemissions and collectables. 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TurtlePM said:

Every game that doesn’t oblige you to complete the game in a high difficulty or doesn’t disable trophies on lower difficulties (like Strider and 20XX) are easy for any player to platinum.

Don't forget that as long as a game doesn't have MP/PvP or co-op trophies, it's an easy plat, too.

 

As to Spider-Man, it's an overall fun game: great, emotional story, top notch voice acting, smooth as hell (both combat and traversal) game play...

Edited by Pirelli913
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ryan32289 said:

So I can see the rarity up to this point is now up to 42% which is uncommon among trophy hunters on this website which is said to be a pretty easy plat correct? I also see that it is bound to go up to 50% if not more in the coming weeks ahead. If so, then I may think about getting this game. Should I obtain this game since it can be a very "simple" plat?

Why would you only buy it if it's easy? If you suck at games so bad that you have to only play the easy games for trophies maybe you shouldn't be a trophy "hunter" even though if you were a actual trophy hunter you wouldn't care if it's hard or easy. Also why would you rob yourself of playing so many great games if you think it's hard to get trophies? It should always be games > trophies.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LegacyJKO09 said:

I have to disagree. it's easy. can be annoying opening nefilhilm chests and queen may take more than 1 try. but it isnt hard. 

 

"Isn't hard" and easy are two fairly different things. There's tons of grinding, the challenge realm can be annoying, the Queen can be rough, tons of collectibles. Compared to other games of similar grinding / content to chip away at, 33% is an incredibly high platinum percentage.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, stitchesnscars said:

Wow, you want to take a breath there guy. Maybe the thrill for him is in getting the trophies and it could be possible that his interests in gaming don't necessarily align with yours. 

Don't get me wrong though, I do have a vast interest in gaming quite a bit but the trophies are what keep me interested in gaming. In fact, I'm making a very fun project in trying to make a very huge open-world game with a very neat storyline as well just for fun by mixing all of the gaming mechanics, elements, and attributes together. :)

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, rolltideroll157 said:

Why would you only buy it if it's easy? If you suck at games so bad that you have to only play the easy games for trophies maybe you shouldn't be a trophy "hunter" even though if you were a actual trophy hunter you wouldn't care if it's hard or easy. Also why would you rob yourself of playing so many great games if you think it's hard to get trophies? It should always be games > trophies.

 

A good point. But being the great gamer that you are (seriously), it’s probably hard for you to understand that if the trophies are hard to get in a game, then the game may also be hard for some to play and enjoy at all. 

 

Case in point. This game. So I put a couple hours into it before giving it away. I don’t find it easy. The  melee combat is tough for those that don’t appreciate taking on a group of 20 or so by yourself. 

 

Well, I guess I like distance combat better because I suck at melee, dodging etc. I really don’t want to spend so much of a game fighting. I guess that’s a guy thing. Pow. Zap etc. 

 

So although they say its an easy plat, its not appealing to me because the combat feels strenuous, serious, and scary. On the other hand, I can put the exact same effort into a kids’ game (like Skylanders - which isn’t that easy) because its so much fun that I don’t notice the struggle. 

 

I think people view things differently and it isn’t always about the trophies. So I agree with you again that games > trophies. Make any sense?

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The main reason it has a high platinum percentage is because it is a very good game.  There is plenty to do and collect but it a lot of fun doing it thanks to the excellent controls and satisfaction of swinging your way around New York.  In terms of challenge it is a pretty well balanced game.  I played it on 'Amazing' or normal difficulty and had a lot of fun getting 100%.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I played this for a bit on my alt account. Spider-Man is one of the easiest AAA games I've played in years, which is saying a lot.

 

People made this same discussion for Bloodborne, and I wouldn't call that a walk in the park. None of the trophies are rare, even on PSN it has a rather high platinum percentage, which is mostly due to people really enjoying that game and sticking with it.

 

This has followed suit with Horizon Zero Dawn, God of War and Spider-Man respectively.

 

I don't know why a lot of people don't realize that trophy rarity =/= difficulty.

 

---

 

I'll list Bloodborne. People call it a 5 to 7 out of 10 in difficulty, despite every single trophy including the DLC to be uncommon to common. I myself struggled on a couple of bosses and had to consort a video guide on how to beat them. Not overly difficult or challenging, but difficult enough to get most casual gamers and the average person to struggle here and there in a couple sections.

 

Then there's games like Dust: An Elysian Tail. Most of the trophies are uncommon to rare despite it being a fairly easy game. However you need to consider that games like that are more niche, as opposed to stuff like Marvel's Spider-Man which was targeted specifically towards the masses and mainstream. Also anything that is available on Playstation Plus is going to have those rarities drop. What was previously a 11 - 15 percent rarity platinum is now below 10 percent. Just because the trophies are rare does not mean the game itself is difficult. And just because the trophies are uncommon to common, does not mean the game is a walk in the park.

 

I see this all the time with people on here. You guys should also look at the numbers; the number of game owners, number of gamers who have the platinum, and the number who have 100 percented the game, including DLC. If something has a lot of game owners and the platinum is relatively high, you can make a safe guess that the game is rather easy. There are games that don't necessarily have too many game owners, usually games well below 10,000 owners that may be rather difficult despite those trophy percentages telling otherwise.

 

Then again, it's up to the player. I'm good at platformers and the occasional Uncharted esque adventure game that is a first/third person shooter. I'm terrible at racing games and fighting games. Some hack and slash games I'm okay at, not awful but not great either. What I consider is easy may be hard for someone else.

 

Admittedly, Sony has made an effort to make their AAA games to be as accessible as possible for the masses, even for those people who have barely played video games in their life. Spider-Man is a bread and butter type of game. You beat the story, you clean up the districts, you obtain all the suits and collectibles, and you're done. Nothing difficult at all.

Edited by Spaz
4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, KingGuy420 said:

 

"Isn't hard" and easy are two fairly different things. There's tons of grinding, the challenge realm can be annoying, the Queen can be rough, tons of collectibles. Compared to other games of similar grinding / content to chip away at, 33% is an incredibly high platinum percentage.

grinding not really.  it's just the realm stuff. spiderman has Way more collectables and grinding. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, ryan32289 said:

So I can see the rarity up to this point is now up to 42% which is uncommon among trophy hunters on this website which is said to be a pretty easy plat correct? I also see that it is bound to go up to 50% if not more in the coming weeks ahead. If so, then I may think about getting this game. Should I obtain this game since it can be a very "simple" plat?

 

 

It's an easy game, though you may have some trouble with Taskmaster and some of the Sinister Six enemies. Sable enemies can be a hassle to deal with initially, but your gadgets and skills make them a cakewalk. You'll be worrying more about the collectible/challenge grinds than you will combat. 

59 minutes ago, Spaz said:

I played this for a bit on my alt account. Spider-Man is one of the easiest AAA games I've played in years, which is saying a lot.

 

People made this same discussion for Bloodborne, and I wouldn't call that a walk in the park. None of the trophies are rare, even on PSN it has a rather high platinum percentage, which is mostly due to people really enjoying that game and sticking with it.

 

This has followed suit with Horizon Zero Dawn, God of War and Spider-Man respectively.

 

I don't know why a lot of people don't realize that trophy rarity =/= difficulty.

 

---

 

I'll list Bloodborne. People call it a 5 to 7 out of 10 in difficulty, despite every single trophy including the DLC to be uncommon to common. I myself struggled on a couple of bosses and had to consort a video guide on how to beat them. Not overly difficult or challenging, but difficult enough to get most casual gamers and the average person to struggle here and there in a couple sections.

 

Then there's games like Dust: An Elysian Tail. Most of the trophies are uncommon to rare despite it being a fairly easy game. However you need to consider that games like that are more niche, as opposed to stuff like Marvel's Spider-Man which was targeted specifically towards the masses and mainstream. Also anything that is available on Playstation Plus is going to have those rarities drop. What was previously a 11 - 15 percent rarity platinum is now below 10 percent. Just because the trophies are rare does not mean the game itself is difficult. And just because the trophies are uncommon to common, does not mean the game is a walk in the park.

 

I see this all the time with people on here. You guys should also look at the numbers; the number of game owners, number of gamers who have the platinum, and the number who have 100 percented the game, including DLC. If something has a lot of game owners and the platinum is relatively high, you can make a safe guess that the game is rather easy. There are games that don't necessarily have too many game owners, usually games well below 10,000 owners that may be rather difficult despite those trophy percentages telling otherwise.

 

Then again, it's up to the player. I'm good at platformers and the occasional Uncharted esque adventure game that is a first/third person shooter. I'm terrible at racing games and fighting games. Some hack and slash games I'm okay at, not awful but not great either. What I consider is easy may be hard for someone else.

 

Admittedly, Sony has made an effort to make their AAA games to be as accessible as possible for the masses, even for those people who have barely played video games in their life. Spider-Man is a bread and butter type of game. You beat the story, you clean up the districts, you obtain all the suits and collectibles, and you're done. Nothing difficult at all.

 

One game that comes to mind: Black Ops 2. It has an easter egg trophy that is really easy to do: TranZit. Yet, somehow it's ultra-rare and has less earners than any of the other easter eggs, even though Buried and Origins are objectively harder to do, and Die Rise requires 4 players. Going with your examples, it's true that some ultra-rares should be uncommons, and some uncommons should be very rare if considering difficulty. You're right about Sony making it easier for people to plat these games, though requiring a good chunk of grinding. Horizon was an easy plat, Spider-Man was easy, Uncharted 4 is made easier with the save exploits, though the Survival trophies are too much for me. Hell, even Knack 2 is an easy game. GoW's not that bad, though I've taken a break from it due to Niflheim. I'll go back for the plat one day. 

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LegacyJKO09 said:

grinding not really.  it's just the realm stuff. spiderman has Way more collectables and grinding. 

 

OK. No matter how you rationalize it, you're never going to convince me that platinum percentage is a good way to judge difficulty. It's not. If you want to think it is then props to you... But it's not.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Percentage notwithstanding, a friend of mine who is not a trophy hunter, but plays games extensively, got his first plat, and it's Spider-Man.

 

It's a very straightforward game, no guide needed, almost everything is pointed out to you. It has some grind, but no online trophies, no missables, no extremely heart-pounding insane challenges... it's even easier than Infamous: Second Son, since a second playthrough isn't needed. You can also play on easy and get the platinum.

Edited by fbdbh
2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Isn't there an obligatory trophy thread for this game? The game doesn't have many of the requirements people that right guides here that would make getting the plat overly hard. There's no difficulty trophy, no multiple playthrough trophies, no online co-op trophies, no speed running trophies, no luck based trophies.

 

It's a good game with a trophy list that isn't a pain to complete. 

Why the drama?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's a combination of it being easy but also such a great game that makes the completion so high.  If it were just easy and a mediocre game it would probably be sitting at 20%.  

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

People still think the reason Bloodborne has such a high completion percentage is primarily because of the "Skilled" playerbase playing a good game. High completion in soulsborn games has little to do with that. The infinite blood glitch and co op is why BB is so high. Soulsborne games are never hard as you can just make yourself overpowered and breeze through. Also not impressed by tripple A games always having such pathetically easy lists

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.