ryan32289

Is the game really that easy?

66 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I'd say this is a very fair trophy list.  No complete BS or and absolute waste of the players' time.  They also had the sense not to expect the playter to get "Ultimate" in every challenge.

 

This is one game where you may want to go beyond the trophies and try to unlock everything, including all upgrades and suit mods even though there's no trophy for it.  Same with trying to achieve all bonus objectives.  I would have gotten my platinum sooner if not for my own perfectionism.

 

Compare this to some of the Arkham material which is a serious bog.  Getting all trophies for the Arkham City DLC alone took me a month and Arkham Knight, another month (while going to work, etc of course).

 

Ultimate is definitely not hard if you upgraded everything and play defensively.  The fact that you always survive a strong hit at 1 HP and can heal with focus at any time can get you through some tricky situations, as the fact that Spiderman is pretty good an not getting hit.  Don't get me wrong, anyone who plays this on anything but the easiest settings will probably die at a few points, but nothing excessive.

Edited by Mr_LuffyOP
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

No permadeath or online makes this game awesome which means the game is bound to be good

Edited by maurjen
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It seems that people just want to play something that is relaxing rather than something that tries to challenge them.

 

Spider-Man is the most famous, popular and respected superhero in the Marvel universe. He is the equivalent of Superman and Batman in the DC universe. So it's pretty apparent a lot of people were going to get this game even if it outright sucked.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The game is easy even on the hardest difficulty setting with fully upgraded Spider-Cop Spider-Man. Nonetheless, what matters the most is that the game is fun and engaging. :D

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The base game list is very easy, one of the easiest open world games I've played. Takes roughly 25 to 30 hours depending on how quick you do the side missions.

 

The City that Never Sleeps DLC has some annoying bits, namely some of the enemy types exclusive to that DLC. The Screwball Stealth Challenges range from easy to irritating, most notably the Stealth challenges in the second part of the DLC.

 

New Game Plus is annoying, irritating and just a chore to get through. It's very much like Horizon Zero Dawn's New Game Plus. Takes about eight hours to play through the main story if you skip everything else. I'm on the Third Act and I'm dying repeatedly from snipers and the brutes who hit like a truck. On Ultimate difficulty they are just a pain to deal with.

 

That's my summary of this trophy list.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Spider-Man isn't necessarily a easy game. That final fight with Doc Oc is especially brutal. It's that the trophies themselves are extremely easy to earn, and the game spends a lot of time letting you grind and get better at the game before tackling the more challenging parts of the story mode.

Edited by Fragtaster
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Marvel's Spider-Man is legitimately so easy that it is my one of my friend's ONLY platinums on a list that also includes games like Telltale's Batman. The guy couldn't be bothered to attempt even the simplest of trophy, but when it came to Spider-Man, the list was so engaging and easy that even HE went for it. 

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Fragtaster said:

Spider-Man isn't necessarily a easy game. That final fight with Doc Oc is especially brutal. It's that the trophies themselves are extremely easy to earn, and the game spends a lot of time letting you grind and get better at the game before tackling the more challenging parts of the story mode.

 

Most people just play on the easiest difficulty and therefore much of the game, aside from a couple boss fights and regular enemy encounters is pretty easy to get through.

 

I found the DLC to be more difficult than the base game. New Game Plus has the hardest trophies to earn because you have to play the story on Ultimate difficulty, forcing you to get smarter and using different tactics to defeat the various enemies.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The base game is a solid single player plat imo.

It´s fun, it´s balanced (not having to perfect all challenges, some of them are really tricky), collectables are marked on the map, some boss fights are challenging, but always fair.

 

Ultimate isn´t a challenge, at least it wasn´t for me.

Did it after the DLCs and in NG+ (like most people I guess), knocked out snipers and brutes with stealth, web the rest.

In the end I died 2 times in the whole Ultimate run, in both fights with Mr. Negative :D

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

I haven't played this yet either (waiting for a physical game of the year addition with all DLC because I'm cheap) but in my opinion there are 5 things which lead to plats being rare.

1) yes, difficulty of a trophy. None of these trophies require great skill; 2) missable trophies. People generally don't want to play a whole game again just for one trophy missed the first time. No missable trophies here; 3) trophies were guides are needed, realistically, such as for well hidden collectables. No need for a guide here; 4) glitches trophies. Not the case here; 5) a game not being fun, especially with the huge number of games available. Not the case here I understand. 

In short, many non trophy hunters will get a platinum if none of the above are true, such as with this game, and so the rarity will be much lower than any games incorporating one of the above.

Edited by thefourfoldroot
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Spaz said:

The base game list is very easy, one of the easiest open world games I've played. Takes roughly 25 to 30 hours depending on how quick you do the side missions.

 

The City that Never Sleeps DLC has some annoying bits, namely some of the enemy types exclusive to that DLC. The Screwball Stealth Challenges range from easy to irritating, most notably the Stealth challenges in the second part of the DLC.

 

New Game Plus is annoying, irritating and just a chore to get through. It's very much like Horizon Zero Dawn's New Game Plus. Takes about eight hours to play through the main story if you skip everything else. I'm on the Third Act and I'm dying repeatedly from snipers and the brutes who hit like a truck. On Ultimate difficulty they are just a pain to deal with.

 

That's my summary of this trophy list.

Definitely agree with you about those damn Screwball challenges, what a pain in the arse they are.

 

I found playing it on Ultimate with NG+ pretty easy and really fun. Those snipers & the damn flying Sable guys are a pain especially in that mission where you've gotta protect the police stations. But web blossom is a life saver in that.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I died once during my Ultimate run in NG+...

 

To a Brute.

 

Not to any boss.

 

But to 1 single Brute. 

 

The absolute legend

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

On 8/15/2019 at 2:11 AM, Spaz said:

 

Most people just play on the easiest difficulty and therefore much of the game, aside from a couple boss fights and regular enemy encounters is pretty easy to get through.

 

I found the DLC to be more difficult than the base game. New Game Plus has the hardest trophies to earn because you have to play the story on Ultimate difficulty, forcing you to get smarter and using different tactics to defeat the various enemies.

 

Yeah the DLC is considerably more difficult than the main game. Especially (for me) times in THE HEIST when you have to stop waves of enemies from committing robbery, I just found moments like that tedious and very frustrating (having to redo attempts over and over again).

Edited by Fragtaster
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

While I was actually able to earn all the trophies in the base game, I found that I had a lot of difficulty in some places.  Mostly it was the boss fights, but I can't say I enjoyed this game very much.  The story was decent, I just had a big problem with the gameplay.  I didn't find the controls very responsive and when I went to dodge some enemies it seemed like they would jump 10 feet and still connect with their hits.  Groups of enemies, especially the Sable forces, would be frustrating to get through also as they were able to overwhelm me fairly easily.  I also found the sneak missions as other characters a bit annoying.  They felt necessary for the story and were interesting to see somebody else's point of view, but annoying nonetheless.  Not sure if I'm excited for the sequel or not.

Edited by wafflestomper810
Addition
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I didn’t find anything to be too difficult. For some difficult situations, there was more than one way to skin a cat.

 

This is probably the best made game I’ve ever played.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Platinum percentage now back under 50% here. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.