Is the game really that easy?

B4d4ssHunt4r

I'd say this is a very fair trophy list.  No complete BS or and absolute waste of the players' time.  They also had the sense not to expect the playter to get "Ultimate" in every challenge.

This is one game where you may want to go beyond the trophies and try to unlock everything, including all upgrades and suit mods even though there's no trophy for it.  Same with trying to achieve all bonus objectives.  I would have gotten my platinum sooner if not for my own perfectionism.

Compare this to some of the Arkham material which is a serious bog.  Getting all trophies for the Arkham City DLC alone took me a month and Arkham Knight, another month (while going to work, etc of course).

Ultimate is definitely not hard if you upgraded everything and play defensively.  The fact that you always survive a strong hit at 1 HP and can heal with focus at any time can get you through some tricky situations, as the fact that Spiderman is pretty good an not getting hit.  Don't get me wrong, anyone who plays this on anything but the easiest settings will probably die at a few points, but nothing excessive.

Edited by Mr_LuffyOP

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

It seems that people just want to play something that is relaxing rather than something that tries to challenge them.

Spider-Man is the most famous, popular and respected superhero in the Marvel universe. He is the equivalent of Superman and Batman in the DC universe. So it's pretty apparent a lot of people were going to get this game even if it outright sucked.

• 2 weeks later...

The base game list is very easy, one of the easiest open world games I've played. Takes roughly 25 to 30 hours depending on how quick you do the side missions.

The City that Never Sleeps DLC has some annoying bits, namely some of the enemy types exclusive to that DLC. The Screwball Stealth Challenges range from easy to irritating, most notably the Stealth challenges in the second part of the DLC.

New Game Plus is annoying, irritating and just a chore to get through. It's very much like Horizon Zero Dawn's New Game Plus. Takes about eight hours to play through the main story if you skip everything else. I'm on the Third Act and I'm dying repeatedly from snipers and the brutes who hit like a truck. On Ultimate difficulty they are just a pain to deal with.

That's my summary of this trophy list.

Marvel's Spider-Man is legitimately so easy that it is my one of my friend's ONLY platinums on a list that also includes games like Telltale's Batman. The guy couldn't be bothered to attempt even the simplest of trophy, but when it came to Spider-Man, the list was so engaging and easy that even HE went for it. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Fragtaster said:

Spider-Man isn't necessarily a easy game. That final fight with Doc Oc is especially brutal. It's that the trophies themselves are extremely easy to earn, and the game spends a lot of time letting you grind and get better at the game before tackling the more challenging parts of the story mode.

Most people just play on the easiest difficulty and therefore much of the game, aside from a couple boss fights and regular enemy encounters is pretty easy to get through.

I found the DLC to be more difficult than the base game. New Game Plus has the hardest trophies to earn because you have to play the story on Ultimate difficulty, forcing you to get smarter and using different tactics to defeat the various enemies.

• Like 1

The base game is a solid single player plat imo.

It´s fun, it´s balanced (not having to perfect all challenges, some of them are really tricky), collectables are marked on the map, some boss fights are challenging, but always fair.

Ultimate isn´t a challenge, at least it wasn´t for me.

Did it after the DLCs and in NG+ (like most people I guess), knocked out snipers and brutes with stealth, web the rest.

In the end I died 2 times in the whole Ultimate run, in both fights with Mr. Negative :D

• Like 1

I haven't played this yet either (waiting for a physical game of the year addition with all DLC because I'm cheap) but in my opinion there are 5 things which lead to plats being rare.

1) yes, difficulty of a trophy. None of these trophies require great skill; 2) missable trophies. People generally don't want to play a whole game again just for one trophy missed the first time. No missable trophies here; 3) trophies were guides are needed, realistically, such as for well hidden collectables. No need for a guide here; 4) glitches trophies. Not the case here; 5) a game not being fun, especially with the huge number of games available. Not the case here I understand. 

In short, many non trophy hunters will get a platinum if none of the above are true, such as with this game, and so the rarity will be much lower than any games incorporating one of the above.

Edited by thefourfoldroot

2 hours ago, Spaz said:

The base game list is very easy, one of the easiest open world games I've played. Takes roughly 25 to 30 hours depending on how quick you do the side missions.

The City that Never Sleeps DLC has some annoying bits, namely some of the enemy types exclusive to that DLC. The Screwball Stealth Challenges range from easy to irritating, most notably the Stealth challenges in the second part of the DLC.

New Game Plus is annoying, irritating and just a chore to get through. It's very much like Horizon Zero Dawn's New Game Plus. Takes about eight hours to play through the main story if you skip everything else. I'm on the Third Act and I'm dying repeatedly from snipers and the brutes who hit like a truck. On Ultimate difficulty they are just a pain to deal with.

That's my summary of this trophy list.

Definitely agree with you about those damn Screwball challenges, what a pain in the arse they are.

I found playing it on Ultimate with NG+ pretty easy and really fun. Those snipers & the damn flying Sable guys are a pain especially in that mission where you've gotta protect the police stations. But web blossom is a life saver in that.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

While I was actually able to earn all the trophies in the base game, I found that I had a lot of difficulty in some places.  Mostly it was the boss fights, but I can't say I enjoyed this game very much.  The story was decent, I just had a big problem with the gameplay.  I didn't find the controls very responsive and when I went to dodge some enemies it seemed like they would jump 10 feet and still connect with their hits.  Groups of enemies, especially the Sable forces, would be frustrating to get through also as they were able to overwhelm me fairly easily.  I also found the sneak missions as other characters a bit annoying.  They felt necessary for the story and were interesting to see somebody else's point of view, but annoying nonetheless.  Not sure if I'm excited for the sequel or not.

Edited by wafflestomper810
Addition

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...

I picked this up because I wanted a fun game to platinum. It took me a little bit to get used to the controls. They seem to have a mind of their own and rarely do what I want them to. But, with time I started getting a little better. Also, the fights can become a little overwhelming. Especially when you have 10 guys shooting you, two large thugs punching you relentlessly, and then a bunch of shield guys and sword guys all hitting you. A nice trick is the air attacks, they work well to isolate you from the rest of the battle for a quick moment. Another good thing to know is to use your gadgets. They can make a huge difference. 

It's easy if you put in the time but I'm currently in the process of completing it myself and it's really starting to get tedious with all the collectables and crimes/hideouts you got to do but still swinging around is so enjoyable so I'm still loving it so far.