Metal Slime King

DLC 9 in a post DLC 10 world.

8 posts in this topic

Hello. I was just finishing up the last two remaining dlc packs on PS3 / Vita as dlc is finished now for these platforms. I got all the trophies for the Aquatic dlc easily enough in the latest tutorial world and I have 4 trophies left from dlc pack 9:

• The Deep End
  • Great View From Up Here
  • Cheating Death
  • Feeling ill

What would be helpful would be any suggestions for getting these trophies in the latest (and presumably last) tutorial world or a known seed. Particularly coordinates for a Water Temple to find an Elder Guardian, coordinates for an end gate (and any help on getting the ender eye's required) and coordinates for a mansion instance. I did find a mansion the top left of the latest tutorial world (X: -267, Y: 79) but it appears to be malformed and hasn't spawned any Evokers. Are there any tricks to get an Evoker to spawn in a mansion or are they a rare spawn? All I've seen in the mansion so far are creepers, zombies, skeleton archers, witches and Endermen.

Regarding the other dlc 9 trophies; There are 4 llamas in pens near the start of the tutorial world, getting a 5th is trivial. The merchant wearing white trapped in one of the houses near the same area can be save manipulated into selling a Frost Walker enhancement (eventually) and there is an area of water that counts as deep ocean on the map (around X: 390, Y: 65).

Any help would be appreciated, thanks. :)

Edit: Done! See below for tips.

Edited by Metal Slime King

Can't speak for the others since I got them in August, but Great View From Up Here may be broken. I got to a tower with a bunch of them and they weren't shooting or the shot was catching on their shell. Either way, didn't even have a chance at it.

Hopefully just an unlucky glitch...

End gate:

In order to get the evoker to spawn in latest tutorial world is yo do this

Open new tutorial

Immediately save and quit

Open it back up in survival easy

Get the trident food and boat and just go straight to the mansion

Once in mansion just search

If for whatever reason you ever select peaceful mode it negates evokes from ever spawning

I have a save for proof. 

The only other option is if you want an easy way out on ps4 version is use creative glitch

For the "So I Got That Going For Me..." trophy you can just breed a 5th llama using hay bale blocks with 2 of the 4 lammas (you must tame beth of them by pressing L2 to ride on them to make hearts appear before gaining the ability to to breed llamas). Once the 5th llama spawns you have to use a lead on one the llamas (which can be found in a chest with the saddle in it) and then the trophy should pop before you even attach the 5 llamas with 5 leads, or at least that's when the trophy popped on the Vita edition.

3 hours ago, SyIaris said:

Can't speak for the others since I got them in August, but Great View From Up Here may be broken. I got to a tower with a bunch of them and they weren't shooting or the shot was catching on their shell. Either way, didn't even have a chance at it.

Hopefully just an unlucky glitch...

I once saw a YouTube video of this trophy being done. While the player was levitating up into the air he threw an Ender Pearl up high onto the tower and the trophy popped for him after that, so I'm guessing these can be used to boost the trophy. Hope this helps.

So I got Feeling ill and Cheating Death done by spawning an Evoker in the tutorial world Mansion. Can confirm I just needed to never set the world to peaceful before encountering. There was no rush to it. I had plenty of time to set it up, copy the world from my PS3 to Vita and no issue finding an Evoker on the second floor of the Mansion in either platform. I found the end gate in the tutorial world thanks to that video and have been setting up a save for Great View From Up Here. Just need to find a couple more blaze powders to make enough Ender Eyes. The Cleric (purple villager) locked up in one of the houses in the initial village will sell you Ender Pearls (after you buy some emeralds from him, with gold you can mine from the beacon set up in the tutorial area) for emeralds that can be quickly mined from one of the rings in the tutorial square.

Haven't found a Water Temple yet for The Deep End. If anyone knows if there's one in the tutorial world (I don't think there is one but that would be preferable) or just a seed that has a Water Temple, that would be great. :)

Found a great seed for The Deep End trophy that works in the final (?!) version for PS3 / Vita: "Yumzy". Like the Evoker, the Elder Guardian will despawn forever if you load the area that he is in, then ever switch over to peaceful before killing him. The Water Temple is in the top left corner of the map. You can start the world in peaceful, run around the other 3 quarters of the map and collect diamonds and iron from the 4 desert temples (!!) on the map then build a diamond sword / iron armor, save (transfer the file to PS3 or Vita if applicable), fire up the map in easy, swim over to the top of the temple, pop a gold apple, break the ceiling and kill the Elder Guardian without having a Potion of Water Breathing. Doing it that way saves having to go into the Nether to collect potion components. If the Elder Guardian isn't there then you got too close to the water temple in peaceful.

On 10/1/2018 at 10:51 PM, Metal Slime King said:

I found the end gate in the tutorial world thanks to that video and have been setting up a save for Great View From Up Here.

If you don't mind, could you tell me the coordinates for the end gate and where you got the eyes of ender?

@srikir The coordinates for the end gate in the tutorial world are X:19, Y:12, Z:30. The video @SyIaris posted above shows exactly how to get there. I don't remember exactly how I got the Eyes of Ender but I think the portal is only missing a couple. The Cleric type villagers will sometimes trade Ender Pearls if you buy some other stuff off them but I'd check all the chests in starter town first for some finished eyes, pearls or blaze powder. If you can't find the ingredients in town then pearls drop from Endermen (which spawn consistently in the Mansion) and blaze powder is made from Blaze Rods (?) which drop from Blaze enemies in the Nether stronghold. Maybe the Clerics trade Eyes right off, either way you can get boatloads of emeralds to trade with by tearing down the green rings in tutorial town.