Instructions for Infinite Ammo Glitch in plain English

Sergen

1 minute ago, Brink-2-Chaos said:

do you have to do this every time you boot up or is it permanently glitched on your save?

You need to do it every time, but once you remember the steps it only takes around a minute to set it up. Also, the glitch makes the game so easy that you'll likely be able to beat Twisted difficulty in one sitting anyway. 

Edited by Sergen

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: the glitch won't work at all if you turn off your ps3 and then you come back to where you stopped, you have to start the whole campaign all over again, i mean whatever campaign you're doing IT MUST BE DONE IN ONE SITTING.

EDIT: ignore what i said you have always to hit START instead of X, thanks to Sergen

Edited by Great_MazingerZ
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Great_MazingerZ said:

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: the glitch won't work at all if you turn off your ps3 and then you come back to where you stopped, you have to start the whole campaign all over again, i mean whatever campaign you're doing IT MUST BE DONE IN ONE SITTING

WHEW read this when i was about 5 mins away from turning off my ps3  in the last couple missions, and going to grab dinner guess ill just idle Thanks

5 minutes ago, Great_MazingerZ said:

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: the glitch won't work at all if you turn off your ps3 and then you come back to where you stopped, you have to start the whole campaign all over again, i mean whatever campaign you're doing IT MUST BE DONE IN ONE SITTING

I'm pretty sure if you just press :start: to resume the campaign every time you do the glitch, you can come back to the game later on and make the glitch work again. I was able to activate it on my save file multiple times while working on the game, as I used it to complete Twisted difficulty, then I used it to get the "TMA" trophy and I used it on Hard mode to get the trophy for beating the Metro Square map with 5 seconds left on my grace meter. You only can't activate it if you have already completed the campaign, so make sure you get gold on every event on Twisted before you complete the whole campaign on Twisted, otherwise you'll have to restart the game on that difficulty setting. 

Edited by Sergen

1 minute ago, Sergen said:

I'm pretty sure if you just press :start: to resume the campaign every time you do the glitch, you can come back to the game later on and make the glitch work again. I was able to activate it on my save file multiple times while working on the game, as I used it to complete Twisted difficulty, then I used it to get the "TMA" trophy and I used it on Hard mode to get the trophy for beating the Metro Square map with 5 seconds left on my grace meter.  

Hmmmmm i'll try that thanks Sergen and by the way i am stuck on the racing event called Desert Twisted Race - Diablo Pass, i am having a real hard time in it because of the Crimson Fury car, now all i know is i have to destroy it to make the race easier but that alone is not easy at all because that car is super fast so any tips ?

Just now, Great_MazingerZ said:

Hmmmmm i'll try that thanks Sergen and by the way i am stuck on the racing event called Desert Twisted Race - Diablo Pass, i am having a real hard time in it because of the Crimson Fury car, now all i know is i have to destroy it to make the race easier but that alone is not easy at all because that car is super fast so any tips ?

I just remember being lucky enough to destroy it, you can keep holding :cross: to use the flamethrower, which will do a lot of damage, also I think you do have the freeze missile on the game by that point, so press :up: to hit Crimson Fury with that to get a bit of a head start. Also use your turbo throughout the whole race, by double tapping :r2: to activate it. All these tips assume you're using the "racing" button layout, if you're not using that yet, I recommend you do because that will already help to make the game easier for you. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Brink-2-Chaos said:

WHEW read this when i was about 5 mins away from turning off my ps3  in the last couple missions, and going to grab dinner guess ill just idle Thanks

Read again i edited my message you can turn it off :)

15 minutes ago, Sergen said:

I just remember being lucky enough to destroy it, you can keep holding :cross: to use the flamethrower, which will do a lot of damage, also I think you do have the freeze missile on the game by that point, so press :up: to hit Crimson Fury with that to get a bit of a head start. Also use your turbo throughout the whole race, by double tapping :r2: to activate it. All these tips assume you're using the "racing" button layout, if you're not using that yet, I recommend you do because that will already help to make the game easier for you. 

Yeah i do all of these things but i fire the purple rockets it's also strong and now i made it with gold pheeeeeeew

• Like 1

Just now, Brink-2-Chaos said:

There a way to do this on normal for TMA?

You have to beat the first battle of the game fairly, but it's not too difficult to overcome that, it can just be time consuming, you could fly up higher than the enemies are with Sweet Tooth's flight ability and hit enemies with the laughing ghost if you want to play it safe. If you choose to manually quit on Normal then you will have a death added to your record so TMA won't be doable in that case. 

4 hours ago, kraven_15 said:

Normally i don't like these glitches but with the server closure coming up, its been a life saver. Definitely makes the gold medals a cake walk

Without the glitch I consider this game a bit too unfair in regards to doing it, 1 death in a match of the campaign causes you to fail it and you take a lot of hits to kill an enemy. All in all, campaign mode can go fuck itself. 

On 10/2/2018 at 9:29 PM, Sergen said:

You have to beat the first battle of the game fairly, but it's not too difficult to overcome that, it can just be time consuming, you could fly up higher than the enemies are with Sweet Tooth's flight ability and hit enemies with the laughing ghost if you want to play it safe. If you choose to manually quit on Normal then you will have a death added to your record so TMA won't be doable in that case. 

but u mentioned "then pause the game and quit that battle, this allows you to get a save file that you can choose the resume option on." ...??? or do u mean after u set up the setup then u can't quit during the campaign later or else it adds +1 death?

The controls on this is so weird, was gonna do this normally but no idea how before shutdown, I'm on level 2 normal atm w/no glitch, I'm going to have to start a brand new save right?

7 minutes ago, oOMementoMoriOo said:

but u mentioned "then pause the game and quit that battle, this allows you to get a save file that you can choose the resume option on." ...??? or do u mean after u set up the setup then u can't quit during the campaign later or else it adds +1 death?

The controls on this is so weird, was gonna do this normally but no idea how before shutdown, I'm on level 2 normal atm w/no glitch, I'm going to have to start a brand new save right?

The game saves after you either complete a battle or quit a battle, when you do the "TMA" trophy, you're not allowed to die in a battle or restart the battle and if you manually quit the battle then it will count as a death against you, so to use this glitch for "TMA" you need to beat the first battle fairly so you can get a save slot on the game without having a death added to your record. When you do Twisted difficulty, there's no point trying to get "TMA" in the same run so you might as well manually quit in the first battle so you can get a save slot on the game and activate the glitch on that save. You can back out of the game after completing a battle before you start the next battle, after every battle you get the chance to pick the battle again, except before some boss fights. 

Edited by Sergen
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Sergen said:

The game saves after you either complete a battle or quit a battle, when you do the "TMA" trophy, you're not allowed to die in a battle or restart the battle and if you manually quit the battle then it will count as a death against you, so to use this glitch for "TMA" you need to beat the first battle fairly so you can get a save slot on the game without having a death added to your record. When you do Twisted difficulty, there's no point trying to get "TMA" in the same run so you might as well manually quit in the first battle so you can get a save slot on the game and activate the glitch on that save. 

guess I already have a death, well on Level 1 I did quit so I could go back out & do the tutorial lol, but when I went back in it played the campaign beginning's cutscene again so I was hoping nothing was saved...but I guess I'll have to redo this then

unless i can delete the patch & reuse a pre-existing save hmmm

Edited by oOMementoMoriOo

1 hour ago, Sergen said:

Without the glitch I consider this game a bit too unfair in regards to doing it, 1 death in a match of the campaign causes you to fail it and you take a lot of hits to kill an enemy. All in all, campaign mode can go fuck itself. 

What do you mean one death causes you to fail campaign? I died a few times but I'm still going as far as I know?

24 minutes ago, kraven_15 said:

What do you mean one death causes you to fail campaign? I died a few times but I'm still going as far as I know?

You fail a level from 1 death, although it's designed to be a competitive game mode, basically it's an elimination game mode, but everyone only targets you and they never kill each other.