1 Playthrough Method

I am almost done with chapter 7 and I have spent very little MB throughout the game. I read a tip that the free DLC boss gives about 1 mil exp and you can cheese it with 100% thunder resistance. So if I just utilize multiple saves, shouldn't I be able to complete this in one playthrough? Here is my plan:

Base Save
Prior to entering last dungeon I will level up all available characters to 99 using the Polytan free DLC fight until I am strong enough, then clione. I will then raise all shares to 20% to be in position for the true ending.

Ending Trophy Saves
Complete a guild quest to lower one share to 19%, beat the game, pop normal ending trophy. Load base save and beat the game for true ending.

Item Master
Load base save, should have enoug money from level farming to buy necessary materials then unlock accessories until trophy pops.

Lvl 99 New Characters
Load Base Save, Raise shares to unlock New characters, then Polytan/clione farm until level 99. 

Millionaire
Maintain Level 99 character save and just keep farming until 50 mil. Then sell and rebuy equipment until trophy pops.

Let me know what you think. I have already farmed a little exp from Polytan, the trick works like a charm.

Seems like you're making entirely too much work for yourself. Seems like a huge waste of time to load your base save after doing Item Master. 

Why not just save and get the normal ending, then reload and unlock all the characters, and then grind out the level 99 trophy for everyone, while getting the materials for item master at the same time? By the time you've gotten item master and lvl 99 with everyone, you should be at least close to Millionaire, and if you haven't already gotten it you can just sell stuff until you do. Worst case, you can just save again, and then sell literally everything to get Millionaire, and then reload to get your stuff back and do the true ending.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, ExHaseo said:

Seems like you're making entirely too much work for yourself. Seems like a huge waste of time to load your base save after doing Item Master. 

Why not just save and get the normal ending, then reload and unlock all the characters, and then grind out the level 99 trophy for everyone, while getting the materials for item master at the same time? By the time you've gotten item master and lvl 99 with everyone, you should be at least close to Millionaire, and if you haven't already gotten it you can just sell stuff until you do. Worst case, you can just save again, and then sell literally everything to get Millionaire, and then reload to get your stuff back and do the true ending.

My only concern is not having enough MB to do both. Also, I feel like unlocking each character and leveling them to 99 would take a lot longer than unlocking 90 or so plans and reloading. Currently I am at 1675MB before finishing chapter 7, am I supposed to get a lot more?

Edited by Bos10George