Climbing the Ladder Trophy

LethalLuke1993

Is it just me or is this definitley the worst trophy in this game. Unless you can somehow win your placement matches against peoples Super strong Ultimate Team squads and go in to division 4 automatically then it's going to be a very difficult and long grind to get promoted to division 4.

7 minutes ago, SanhRim said:

I've found a way to bypass your losses, but you will still have to be semi decent to win the games...

I'll make a topic about it once i get the trophy(am at 1507 points)

Any help would be great, this trophy is stressing me out already Haha! I know it'll be the only one between me and the platinum..

I dont want to sound like a douche but i wont share my method untill i got the trophy xd! It took me yesterday 8hours to climb from 1325 to 1503... i should get the trophy today, then i'll make a topic about my 'glitch' wich makes you not lose points ^^...

But after this trophy im a play my name is mayo because fifa this year is brutal xd!

2 hours ago, SanhRim said:

I dont want to sound like a douche but i wont share my method untill i got the trophy xd! It took me yesterday 8hours to climb from 1325 to 1503... i should get the trophy today, then i'll make a topic about my 'glitch' wich makes you not lose points ^^...

But after this trophy im a play my name is mayo because fifa this year is brutal xd!

We can't wait! 

When you share with us your method we even gonna forgive you  Mayo ???

And : YES, IN THIS YEAR TROPHYS IN FIFA  ARE HARD AS HELL

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SanhRim said:

That's why some people get 'Just Getting Started' trophy glitch and should delete own FUT club.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, rodengsm said:

Does anybody know if the points you get during the week to play the weekend league goes to zero after the time expires? Or in the next week, you still have the same points you got, in case you got less than 2000 points?

Yh its weekly so you have to get them in a week otherwise you'll start from 0

Edited by Winston

10 hours ago, rodengsm said:

Does anybody know if the points you get during the week to play the weekend league goes to zero after the time expires? Or in the next week, you still have the same points you got, in case you got less than 2000 points?

I'm almost sure I read somewhere that you can bank your points for another week if you don't qualify. I could be wrong though so don't quote me on it lol

Edited by Banana_Sausage47

9 hours ago, Banana_Sausage47 said:

I'm almost sure I read somewhere that you can bank your points for another week if you don't qualify. I could be wrong though so don't quote me on it lol

I read that you can bank your points, but just in case you achieve the 2000 points. The text is not clear about what happens if you dont reach the 2000 points.

It's looking like this trophy will actually get easier the more the game progresses. What's happened the first couple of weeks is that all the players who belong in Div 1, 2, or 3 have been placed in Div 5 or 4 and still have to work their way up. Over time, I'd assume everyone will get sorted out, and the competition in Div 5 will become a little more even for those who can't quite break through just yet. I got up to the 1390s yesterday and ran into some dudes that seriously do not belong mid-table.

We'll all probably have to keep up with our teams to ensure that they don't become uncompetitive with all the new cards that get released, but if you can't get this now, I don't think it's hopeless. The Christmas noobs should be kind to everyone, for instance.

Edited by JD-D2

1 minute ago, JD-D2 said:

It's looking like this trophy will actually get easier the more the game progresses. What's happened the first couple of weeks is that all the players who belong in Div 1, 2, or 3 have been placed in Div 5 and 4 and still have to work their way up. Over time, I'd assume everyone will get sorted out, and the competition in Div 5 will become a little more even for those who can't quite break through just yet. I got up to the 1390s yesterday and ran into some dudes that seriously do not belong mid-table. 

I agree, I have a friend in work who is an avid Ultimate Team player and plays Fifa solid all year round and after his placement matches he was put in to division 5! He also told me that a number of the top 100 players he follows on YouTube were also drafted in to division 4 and 5 so I guess the divisions need to sort themselves out as the game progresses

On 2/10/2018 at 6:34 AM, SanhRim said:

So, what is your "glitch method"? please 

So yeah, turns out it's easy at the weekend. I assume that's because all the good players are playing weekend league instead of rivals. Not quite there yet, but just won 5 on the bounce thanks to easier opposition to get me a fair bit closer. If it's as easy tomorrow as it was today (which it should be since people will still be doing WL) then I should be able to finish it off :)

On 06/10/2018 at 9:44 PM, Kapika96 said:

So yeah, turns out it's easy at the weekend. I assume that's because all the good players are playing weekend league instead of rivals. Not quite there yet, but just won 5 on the bounce thanks to easier opposition to get me a fair bit closer. If it's as easy tomorrow as it was today (which it should be since people will still be doing WL) then I should be able to finish it off :)

How did you get on?

Just now, Kapika96 said:

Couldn't finish it off. Ah well, there's always next weekend. Hopefully it will be the same with weaker competition due to people playing WL instead.

We can do this brother! Even if it takes till Fifa 2020 ?

No joke this trophy is a nightmare! I've been all over the reddit posts for Fifa and everyone seems to find this new rivals mode difficult. My record is constantly tied. At the moment I'm 37-14-38 so I haven't made any progress really. Stuck in Division 5 on 1300 Skill Points.

Made it up to the 1550s (two wins away) .... then went winless in literally 11 straight (4 draws, 7 losses, most by one goal). Worst run of my life. Take a break when you're losing, kids, it's only gonna get worse if you don't. This trophy is officially a bitch -- I won Div 1 titles in seasons a couple years back and made it to Div 1 in FUT many times, and I'm still about 15 games over .500, but the game is just hard this year. Some of these dudes are just plain better than me.

But I'm not giving up! If you can win in Div 5, you can get to Div 4. Other tip: the easier opponents come on in the evening, once the normals are done with work and school. My losing streak came during the afternoon on a weekday -- had a day off from work -- so if you're struggling, it might be worth waiting.

Edited by JD-D2
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, JD-D2 said:

Made it up to the 1550s (two wins away) .... then went winless in literally 11 straight (4 draws, 7 losses, most by one goal). Worst run of my life. Take a break when you're losing, kids, it's only gonna get worse if you don't. This trophy is officially a bitch -- I won Div 1 titles in seasons a couple years back and made it to Div 1 in FUT many times, and I'm still about 15 games over .500, but the game is just hard this year. Some of these dudes are just plain better than me.

But I'm not giving up! If you can win in Div 5, you can get to Div 4. Other tip: the easier opponents come on in the evening, once the normals are done with work and school. My losing streak came during the afternoon on a weekday -- had a day off from work -- so if you're struggling, it might be worth waiting.

The ideal would be to wait until the weekend. Just as it was with the Draft Trophy in FIFA 17, if you wait until the weekend, the above average players will be playing the Weekend League/FUT Champions, making it easier for average or below average players to progress on Division Rivals. 

It's not that the game is harder or something like that, but that you are constantly playing with opponents of the same level as you, so almost every match will be tough (unless you get easier or harder opponents due to this being still the third week of the game, so players are normally put into Division 5 or 4 after the placement matches. The best Division you can get after placement is 4, otherwise you would be getting the best rewards on the first day).