So_B0o5t_ed

Quick(er) spawning of crimes

5 posts in this topic

Hi all.

Not sure if there are others in this situation, game complete and a lot of crimes to finish before the platinum pops.

I ignored the crimes during my play-through, so there are a lot to get through.

Swinging around waiting for them to randomly spawn was something I wasn't looking forward to.

I ended up finding this

Basically, if you're swinging around all the time, the crimes don't have time to spawn.

All you need to do is get somewhere high so you can see crimes spawn and wait. Keep pressing R3 to scan for crimes.

Once the crime has spawned and you've completed the crime, move away from the area by a couple of blocks.

Then get somewhere high, wait and keep pressing R3.

I found this works really well and crimes normally spawn within 5-20 seconds.

If they don't just move a litter further away and try again.

This technique has sped up the grind towards the 'I Heart Manhattan' trophy dramatically.

Hopefully this helps someone out :)

Also, they don’t seem to spawn if JJJ’d podcast is playing or if somebody’s talking to you on the phone.

Good find!! Currently playing it and this helps. Thanks man! 

9 hours ago, Neocarleen said:

Also, they don’t seem to spawn if JJJ’d podcast is playing or if somebody’s talking to you on the phone.

Ahh good to know! Thanks :)

9 hours ago, kidson2004 said:

Good find!! Currently playing it and this helps. Thanks man! 

No worries! Glad it helped 👍

On 02/10/2018 at 10:56 PM, So_B0o5t_ed said:

Hi all.

Not sure if there are others in this situation, game complete and a lot of crimes to finish before the platinum pops.

I ignored the crimes during my play-through, so there are a lot to get through.

Swinging around waiting for them to randomly spawn was something I wasn't looking forward to.

I ended up finding this

Basically, if you're swinging around all the time, the crimes don't have time to spawn.

All you need to do is get somewhere high so you can see crimes spawn and wait. Keep pressing R3 to scan for crimes.

Once the crime has spawned and you've completed the crime, move away from the area by a couple of blocks.

Then get somewhere high, wait and keep pressing R3.

I found this works really well and crimes normally spawn within 5-20 seconds.

If they don't just move a litter further away and try again.

This technique has sped up the grind towards the 'I Heart Manhattan' trophy dramatically.

Hopefully this helps someone out :)

I haven't found it to work as you described, having just gotten my platinum and doing the crimes mop up last what I did was focus on one borough at a time so I made sure to stay within say Chinatown and swung around in circle - it was basically a rule that after i cleared one and moved some 800m away another one would spawn. I don't think waiting on top of a building is necessarily quicker... it is always less than 1 min before the next one spawned

Just as an alternative approach set a marker on the edge of an area and circle within - I had remaining crimes (did some) in all 9 boroughs and it took me one afternoon to clean up.