Warhawk opinion on the server shutdown situation.

BrettyBoy

I've always thought the devs should update their game to release the trophies upon launching the game when the servers close, however that's never happened as far as I know and the people who earned the trophies wouldn't like that I would guess :P 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, BlindMango said:

I've always thought the devs should update their game to release the trophies upon launching the game when the servers close, however that's never happened as far as I know and the people who earned the trophies wouldn't like that I would guess :P 

I think it would be fair if every requirement can be done in LAN because LAN requires extra commitment with more consoles so not everyone would have the tools to complete it even if it worked. In Warhawk's case there's also a trophy for hosting a dedicated server for 4 hours and joining a clan, even if LAN worked I'm guessing they could never do anything about those trophies. 

• Like 1

11 years wasn't enough time for you? I'm sorry, but I have no sypathy for you if you don't have it finished by now. I don't think the developers owe anybody anything 11 years after launch. Also, this has been known from day one that Warhawk will be online only. 

So, no, I definitely don't agree with the OP's entitled millennial view.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Brettyboy888 said:

In my opinion, after the Warhawk servers shut down, I do think the game developers should at least release an update where you can earn trophies in LAN play just to make things fair.

You would have to reform the devteam first. They have basically disbanded in 2007 after the game's release. The team that maintaned the game left in 2009.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, soniq said:

You would have to reform the devteam first. They have basically disbanded in 2007 after the game's release. The team that maintaned the game left in 2009.

Dylan Jobe was the President of the company Lightbox Interactive, which was responsible for making Starhawk and maintaining the Warhawk servers after Incognito seperated. Maybe try contacting him, as he was directly responsible for the servers at one point, and if he isn't involved now he might know who is. Twitter: @DylanJobe

6 hours ago, Brettyboy888 said:

...at least release an update where you can earn trophies in LAN play just to make things fair.

How is that fair towards people who have played the game when it was active and got everything legit? ? Everything seems pretty fair to me.

Not to mention everything that other people already pointed out (like the fact that development stop years ago because this game has been out for more than a goddamn decade)

You should have asked for the most fair and feasible thing to be done: Sony to give us a decent ammount of time for the warning of shutdown.

Less than a month for the next batch was an asshole move as they usually give 3 months+

Asking for a patch is impossible: the developers aren't working anymore on such an old game.

Asking to unlock all trophies is totally unfair with the ones who actually played 200+ hours for them.

Just deal with it, that you won't complete Warhawk, which is the same situation as me.

If you have 4 controllers you can still boost it from scratch now. Just gotta plan and grind. Good luck though, I took 4 months to platinum it, but it can be done in just over a week or so if you hammer it in a logical fashion. Xp points whilst getting multiple medals/badges done at the same time. Combining the challenges as you go along: air to air kills with MG/Homing missiles, Cluster/Air to vehicle, etc.. 

i procrastinated a lot in my run, but it's definitely doable if you start in the next couple of days.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MiamiNights89 said:

If you have 4 controllers you can still boost it from scratch now. Just gotta plan and grind. Good luck though, I took 4 months to platinum it, but it can be done in just over a week or so if you hammer it in a logical fashion. Xp points whilst getting multiple medals/badges done at the same time. Combining the challenges as you go along: air to air kills with MG/Homing missiles, Cluster/Air to vehicle, etc.. 

i procrastinated a lot in my run, but it's definitely doable if you start in the next couple of days.

Thanks man.