Ways to increase Bounty aside from stealing?

majob

26 minutes ago, majob said:

I'm still pretty much at the start of the game and I just wanted to know if there were any other ways to increase your bounty aside from stealing and I'm presuming random killings?

What I did to get a level 5 bounty was after I got the ship I went on a sinking spree with merchant ships got almost to lvl 5 then went on a land killing spree rose pretty fast so yeah murder and terrorism seems the safest bet unless u wanna go tick off people who fight back and likely will kill u ruining ur chances

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Taliesin_2943 said:

What I did to get a level 5 bounty was after I got the ship I went on a sinking spree with merchant ships got almost to lvl 5 then went on a land killing spree rose pretty fast so yeah murder and terrorism seems the safest bet unless u wanna go tick off people who fight back and likely will kill u ruining ur chances

Thanks for that tip then. I'm not a murder and mayhem kind of guy in most games so I was wondering if there were ways to increase your bounty that didn't involve killing at random or stealing but if terrorism is the way to go then terrorism is the way to go.

When you get to Megaris in the story there are a couple of fortified hideouts similar to the garrisons in AC Origins. They’re crawling with captains and i just „took over“ the location without stealth which gave me the maximum bounty. I just wanted to practice with the new combat system and the guards seeing me wreaking havoc raised the bounty. 

It also told me in the menu later that my bounty was for murder, stealing and killing animals. So as long as someone sees you commit a crime your bounty goes up. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, majob said:

I'm still pretty much at the start of the game and I just wanted to know if there were any other ways to increase your bounty aside from stealing and I'm presuming random killings?

A simple way is to go to a new region and kill the leader straight away (before the area reaches weakened status). I bumped into a leader while clearing a fort and after killing him and completing the location objectives I was at max bounty. 

• Like 1

Go to Olympia if you're having trouble, there's a truce there and killing and that will be more severe punishment.  I had a quest where I had to kill two people in the end (I didn't want to kill anyone, but the game made me choose one or the other), killed only those two and my bounty was already past the first mark.  So I would imagine go on a killing spree there and you should get max bounty more easily I would imagine.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Kassandra said:

Murderin' and high profile fort destroyin' is always a good bet. Once you get mercs attacking you, you can fight them in the open and they'll keep coming and upping your bounty. I got the top bounty level early on in the game without even gunning for it.

I got it via the story without actually aiming for it.  It was a kill I had to do which bumped me to max.  Then I got max bounty again a little later on... so it may come naturally in the end.