Show Off Your Ride!

HyperBlueWRXY

I had a search around and couldn't find a post like this so I thought why not start one. Post your car or cars and say somethings you love and hate about it and even add any mods you have.

My 2016 Subaru WRX Hyper Blue

93gLatz.jpg

Ez5ksbo.jpg

Its got a stage 1 tune, a mishimoto cold air intake and a nameless exhaust. Looking to go to a stage 2 tune and get some new rims and coilovers

1 thing I love about it is that it's exactly what I wanted in a car and that is that it goes fast and is a perfect daily, the thing I hate is that it chews through fuel

• Like 4

No mods or anything on it, but this is my car.

2014 Subaru BRZ, and I love it :).  I have had it since February 2016, and it is actually really good on gas (lifetime average of 8 L/100 KM) and always fun to drive.  The downside is that it isn't the most practical car in the world, but it does everything I need it to for now.

IgJ0Sv4xkVCU_GV_5c91Re6XpdWd16YSKU25rV320m1A71o1fTbmm-macwRkvAxVd3HLjzGl9AEPokmtf3zWc2keN4BD1yO9XvvJD8jo9mkBEYiMOj3HErg_SaLfFXm8J543esSrp_VHM8pPLZLl11i8f6OBxlWpAYNxHoViq9wupbGCQIaSQwkuweJU7Z_aHSD4qBbsQeCfqlCawHyS8_mEufDHXnuyQrG8cA9Ssp9PoPRmwVL6sElJORzjPzq-hmOmLOANGpBBvOUGuwMhXW0vzijX0XNq6MTlPqkvWAO2dKLcsAFYj27jj6Qd_7aZnuSRNg7ar-N2wW2c0lDao0Th2w7UH-7CuUkI3ivr8hqjU7Mfx-QbRYLWH5ZN7pOkRxEQMzMjK29v1UCRXmJe1f7UG09z7NtMHyaxRnjNVf8Bv7SdT87KMpXoCZj6s0l7BFldCC_dh3e0Bfv12satWSjlsGyjjnXQVza8-8Kcjllu5eYjpalIfld24YfWATsFYzzm_ZY74oT0kxc0jOjvynjb8FqK_l2AFqfkVXwmNN1t2ZfaUoNFM9EeuTxj5Vo5k88eeNg0skLq3rkv_8FJGsSv9F44xpRIAYn8HjBnzWszShjLHaFdoBieVS3Z1_8=w1680-h886-no

Edited by Sir_Bee
  • Like 2

Oh, this is cool thread. Subarists here, love you guys and really envy in a good way. I can't afford a new car currently, so I'm riding purple Golf3'95 and honestly it's a shame to share pictures of it, because I live in a Winterland where any car couldn't exist and look normally for too long:). It's rusty and nothing special 1.8 from Rolling Stones special edition, everything except gas shocks is stock.

1 minute ago, Bloodytears1666 said:

Oh, this is cool thread. Subarists here, love you guys and really envy in a good way. I can't afford a new car currently, so I'm riding purple Golf3'95 and honestly it's a shame to share pictures of it, because I live in a Winterland where any car couldn't exist and look normally for too long:). It's rusty and nothing special 1.8 from Rolling Stones special edition, everything except gas shocks is stock.

I have always been of the mindset to take pride in the things that are mine.  Yeah, I may have a nicer car now, but this is my second car.  Before it I had an older Mazda Protege 5.  It was slow, it was rusted, but it was mine.  I was always happy to have it, and I loved it despite all its flaws.  You shouldn't be ashamed of your car, especially if you are glad you have it :).

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Sir_Bee said:

I have always been of the mindset to take pride in the things that are mine.  Yeah, I may have a nicer car now, but this is my second car.  Before it I had an older Mazda Protege 5.  It was slow, it was rusted, but it was mine.  I was always happy to have it, and I loved it despite all its flaws.  You shouldn't be ashamed of your car, especially if you are glad you have it :).

I do agree, this car is one that turns my head and make my heart warm:). It's just a pain to look at it in this state, especially when I had blast with it in it's better days. I'll took some pictures later, she's currently in service.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Mike13858 said:

I drive a 2014 Ford Mustang. I bought it a few months ago and I really like it. There isn't anything I don't like about it other than that it has low mileage but that isn't really a big problem to me.

1G9rZlC.jpg

Auhyusm.jpg?1

Nice. My wife wants a mustang in yellow. She is struggling to decide between that and a pickup. One because she loves horses, the other for practicality.

My daily drivers...

eqpgdKI.jpg

PPwTwuz.jpg

1992 Dodge Ram W350, 5.9 liter 12 Valve Cummins Turbo Diesel, 4wd, 5 speed manual transmission. Currently has 188K miles. 

9tBA5f5.jpg

jWeFvxH.jpg

1991 Dodge Ram D350, 5.9 liter 12 Valve Cummins Turbo Diesel, 2wd, 5 speed manual transmission. This was my very first vehicle, I've had it over a decade now. I bought it with 180K miles and she currently has right at 400K miles. Lots of memories in this truck.

6YDrSkQ.jpg

1985 Mercedes 300D. OM617 5 cylinder turbo diesel, automatic transmission (the only tranny offered, unfortunately) and right at 288K miles. The car in the background was my '10 Jetta TDI (2.0 Common Rail diesel, 6 speed manual) which was an awesome car but VW offered to buy back the car for more than I purchased it for (after I put over 50K miles on it) so that was on offer I couldn't refuse. I purchased my '92 Cummins after I sold that TDI. 

My winter beater...

o2QumxW.jpg

lUTA5UP.jpg

1991 Toyota Pickup, 3VZ-E V6 engine mated to a 5 speed manual transmission. The frame is in surprisingly good shape, but the body and interior are beat to hell so I have no problem driving this in the winter salt in order to save my Cummins' trucks from rusting. Currently has 280K miles. 

My wife drives a '17 Honda Accord that we bought brand new, but that isn't interesting so I don't think I have any pictures. 

Parker

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Parker said:

*snip*

Parker

That is a full garage there. Fan of old pickups I see. I also like how the youngest car you drive is 26 years old, and your wife drives one that's around 1.

Here is a question to add to this thread, what would your dream car be? I understand one may be tough, so let's make it a three car garage. Money being no issue, what three cars would you most want in your garage.

My first choice would have to be a Mitsubishi Evo. I'm not particular on the year, but ever since I played gran Turismo way back in the day I have loved and always wanted an Evo. It was a practical four door vehicle with all wheel drive and a large trunk that can be driven day to day, but also be pushed to go fast when the feeling strikes. I was heartbroken when I found out they were going to stop making them, and in reality I may have to settle for an STI, but it's just not the same.

My second car would have to be a McLaren 650s spider. Now this is a car I will never actually be able to own, but something about the McLaren's have always appealed to me. I think they are absolutely beautiful vehicles, and would love to have the freedom to drive one any time I wanted.

As for my third choice, I honestly don't know. I rented a gtr for my wedding, and man was it fun to drive, but I don't see myself ever picking it over the McLaren when that was what I felt like driving. My third choice would probably end up being a pickup of some sort (honestly don't know much about them) simply for the ability to carry almost anything I need moved while renovating houses.

I am interested to see other people's opinions on this topic, and sorry @HyperBlueWRXY if I took over your thread, I can take this discussion somewhere else if you would like.

• Like 2

@Sir_Bee Yeah, I'm a fan of old trucks, especially 1st Gen Dodge Cummins trucks. The experience of driving an old Cummins powered truck is much more enjoyable to me than the creature comforts of a new vehicle, plus the old trucks are way easier and cheaper to maintain than something new. 

For my dream three car garage...

Image result for 1993 W350 Crew Cab

Dodge stopped making 4 door crew cab trucks in 1985 and didn't offer a Cummins diesel engine until 1989, so my dream truck would have to be built. I'd take a 1985 Dodge Ram W350 Crew Cab, install a Cummins Turbo Diesel engine from a '97 Ram (last and most powerful of the mechanical Cummins engines) and an NV5600 6 speed manual transmission from an '01-'05 Cummins powered Dodge Ram. With new injectors, twin turbos, pump work and exhaust 650-700rwhp is easily doable and very reliable, I'd also add a gear vendors overdrive which would allow me to split gears for towing as well as lower RPM on highway drives. I'm actually in the process of stockpiling parts for this exact build. I have the engine and transmission in my brother's shop, I just have to find a good clean donor truck and the hardest thing of all, the time to complete it. 

Related image

Number 2 would be a 1974 Kenworth W900A. One of the reasons I love diesel engines and trucks so much is because of Smokey and the Bandit. I've watched that movie hundreds of times, it was a huge part of my childhood. That truck, with a Cummins KTA 600 mated to an Eaton Fuller 18 speed transmission is a dream of mine. My Uncle has a '73 W900 with a smaller Cummins and a 10 speed transmission and I love driving that truck, brings me back to my childhood. 

Image result for 1969 Dodge Charger R/T

'69 Charger R/T with a 426 Hemi engine mated to a 4 speed manual transmission. The greatest muscle car of all time, in my opinion. 

I'm going to cheat and add two more cars...

Image result for Second Gen Viper GTS

A second generation Viper GTS. These cars are an absolute blast to drive and are surprisingly reliable and affordable. You can get a low mile, really clean example for less than $50K.

Related image

We didn't get the WRX in America until '02 and the STI until '04. The late 90's 2.5 RS is my favorite body style Subaru so I'd love to have one with the running gear of an STi installed. 

There are many more I'd love to have, I'd need something a lot bigger than a three car garage. 

Parker 

• Like 2

Here is my list of dream cars.

I'm not sure what to choose between my first love dream car from childhood till nowadays. They are the same, and absolute different. One could be just right daily dandy's car, when other just pure blast on the road. Still struggling about if I could, what I would take, Carrera 4

Porsche_996_Carrera_(8642566615).jpg

Or Turbo in 997

8295492524_ea4019227a_b.jpg

Unfortunately never been even inside of any Porsche in my entire life, hope one day. at least, I could touch this little emblem on a steering wheel.

For me this next car was necessary in world creation, and I really love it. I've once driven it, and those half of an hour will never be forgotten. Dunno, for me Bavarians are right, it's pure driving pleasure. And it looks so wonderful and in the same time aggressive, like a fighter jet if about to annihilate whole town:).

11321403042018_00001.jpg

Hard to tell if I really have a third place, but if none of above, as I said before, for me it's Subaru Impreza WRX sti'07. Everything about this car is perfect for me, looks, emotions from driving, power and AWD forward motion. 

15779793_large.jpg

Edited by Bloodytears1666

On 10/12/2018 at 0:26 PM, Sir_Bee said:

That is a full garage there. Fan of old pickups I see. I also like how the youngest car you drive is 26 years old, and your wife drives one that's around 1.

Here is a question to add to this thread, what would your dream car be? I understand one may be tough, so let's make it a three car garage. Money being no issue, what three cars would you most want in your garage.

My first choice would have to be a Mitsubishi Evo. I'm not particular on the year, but ever since I played gran Turismo way back in the day I have loved and always wanted an Evo. It was a practical four door vehicle with all wheel drive and a large trunk that can be driven day to day, but also be pushed to go fast when the feeling strikes. I was heartbroken when I found out they were going to stop making them, and in reality I may have to settle for an STI, but it's just not the same.

My second car would have to be a McLaren 650s spider. Now this is a car I will never actually be able to own, but something about the McLaren's have always appealed to me. I think they are absolutely beautiful vehicles, and would love to have the freedom to drive one any time I wanted.

As for my third choice, I honestly don't know. I rented a gtr for my wedding, and man was it fun to drive, but I don't see myself ever picking it over the McLaren when that was what I felt like driving. My third choice would probably end up being a pickup of some sort (honestly don't know much about them) simply for the ability to carry almost anything I need moved while renovating houses.

I am interested to see other people's opinions on this topic, and sorry @HyperBlueWRXY if I took over your thread, I can take this discussion somewhere else if you would like.

I didn't even think of the dream car question so thanks for bringing it up.

My 3 cars would be a BMW E92 M3 because its the only V8 M3 and it sounds amazing. a 2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evo IX MR because to me they are a thing of beauty and a 2018 Mercedes C63 AMG coupe. I used to own a Mercedes C250 (DON'T EVER BUY A MERCEDES AT 20 YOU'LL REGRET IT!!!) but it wasn't fun so I sold it for my WRX and I just loved the sound of the new V8 Twin Turbo mercs.

• Like 1

I'm not a huge car person and am in my first year of driving. This is my current and also first car, a Toyota Yaris Hybrid in black. It's a used car though, from Dec 2014 but was in like new condition, very low mileage for the age and had a built in sat nav so I think I was pretty lucky to find it and in my favourite colour as well. I also got these cool Final Fantasy decals for it to add a personal touch. 

33807330_10210109981780115_2637712031209

30738876_10209895842746773_1302661201464

Edited by Lava_Yuki
  • Like 2

On 10/20/2018 at 11:32 PM, Lava_Yuki said:

I'm not a huge car person and am in my first year of driving. This is my current and also first car, a Toyota Yaris Hybrid in black. It's a used car though, from Dec 2014 but was in like new condition, very low mileage for the age and had a built in sat nav so I think I was pretty lucky to find it and in my favourite colour as well. I also got these cool Final Fantasy decals for it to add a personal touch. 

Too bad pictures doesn't work for me. What do you think about Hybrid cars? Do you have any positive thoughts about it? Here in cold land I live those cars are not so popular, but damn, I think they are the future and way the best choice. Was really excited to ride a little one of Hybrid cars, and it was Lexus IS 300.

7 hours ago, HyperBlueWRXY said:

Thats a beautiful care my dude, I was looking at getting an RC F but just couldn't pull the trigger

Thanks. A lot of time, work and money was put into this baby. Now if I can make it "sound" beastly Im all happy. Unfortunately it just doesnt have that oomph roar no matter what.

7 hours ago, HyperBlueWRXY said:

They have the V6 don't they?

Yeah V6. But its a very silent car. You wont hear it coming. Haha. I miss the sound of my Z and G35. Those got great engine/exhaust sounds. That Subaru also sounds good.

23 hours ago, Bloodytears1666 said:

Too bad pictures doesn't work for me. What do you think about Hybrid cars? Do you have any positive thoughts about it? Here in cold land I live those cars are not so popular, but damn, I think they are the future and way the best choice. Was really excited to ride a little one of Hybrid cars, and it was Lexus IS 300.

I edited the posts and URL, so I think you should be able to see the pictures now. I love hybrids as they are so silent and I feel like my petrol never runs out, so I save a lot of money. Also, in the UK you are exempt from road tax if you drive a hybrid, so I save on both fuel and tax which is the main benefit of them as they cause less pollution. Apparently all taxis are slowly becoming hybrids in many European cities because of it. When I was in Spain and Dublin literally every taxi was a Toyota Prius hybrid to reduce pollution and keep petrol costs down, and the UK is slowly catching on. 

I live in the UK so temperature hasn't been an issue so far as we rarely go below 4C in winter. My parents drive big diesel 4 wheel drives and pay €800 in road tax and a lot on petrol as well. The amount of money you save with a hybrid is probably the biggest benefit I've noticed so far

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

I loathe show offing… but here you go… and screw the „two-tracked cans”, as we call cars here: ?

What I was driving when being 20 years old…

mot-r.png

What I drive now…
furious1.png
furious2.png

What I like about it? I can skip all the traffic jams and all the sardines in their cans lol. I spend a mere 14€/month for fuel to use it as much as I want.

What I dislike about it? Not fast enough (but more than enough in the town roads). Maybe I will tune it in January next year.

Thank you for yoiur attention ??️

Edited by Aluminium_Sirius
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Aluminium_Sirius said:

I loathe show offing… but here you go… and screw the „two-tracked cans”, as we call cars here: 1f643.png

What I was driving when being 20 years old…

mot-r.png

What I drive now…
furious1.png
furious2.png

What I like about it? I can skip all the traffic jams and all the sardines in their cans lol. I spend a mere 14€/month for fuel to use it as much as I want.

What I dislike about it? Not fast enough (but more than enough in the town roads). Maybe I will tune it in January next year.

Thank you for yoiur attention 1f60f.png1f3cd.png

I honestly forgot this post still existed lol.

Nice bike, I recently got into motorcycles (read as I bought one this summer), and I love it.  Still have my BRZ as my winter and wet weather vehicle, but currently have a Kawasaki Ninja 300 ABS.  If money is in a good place, may upgrade it next year, not sure to what to yet.