Sound Shapes servers closing down!

Soufwar

Got all six stacks done. 

Sound Shapes isn’t technically online in that you need other players, but you need to be connected to properly sync those trophies. 

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time and Motorstorm RC work the same way I believe. Wonder how people are going to react to those.

16 minutes ago, thefourfoldroot said:

I've had the Vita plat for a while and have been wondering whether to autopop the PS3 and 4 plats at some point. I'm thinking I will. And I'm guessing the DLC will still be on sale to just get independently if I want to at some point(?) 

Wait, you have Vita versión but want to synch in PS3 and PS4? I didn't Understand

This is very sad... not about the closure of the cross save cloud, but how people ONLY played this game to get 3 platinum and now they call it “garbage” -_-

I really enjoyed the game and I bought it because I really liked it when I first played it at my friend’s PS3. There wasn’t any “cross save” crap in my mind to “autopop” trophies, only later, when I got my vita and PS4 I undertood what that means...

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, madbuk said:

It only takes 3 hours even without cross-save, so there's really no major benefit to using it in the first place.

The only benefit is getting “free” trophies from autopopping. 

If you did all the trophies in three hours, you’re either a pretty damn good player or you got lucky on those Death Mode levels. 

Either way, I’m glad I don’t have to play through this game six times the normal way. That is torture.

9 hours ago, AlucardSnakeXZ27 said:

Wait, you have Vita versión but want to synch in PS3 and PS4? I didn't Understand

Did I not explain that correctly? I have the plat on the Vita version and was contemplating synching the cloud save with ps3 and 4 in order the autopop those trophies. And actually just did on ps4 lol. They forced my hand I tell you! 

Got the plat 3 times, might consider to do another 3 after shutdown, although I greatly dislike the beat school mode and don't want to buy the DLCs again after shutdown. Probably just gonna skip it altogether, don't really have that much interest in ezpz platinums.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Got an email from playstation that ps3 server closure extended to 1/31/19 @ 12:00AM PST:

"We wanted to update you on a planned service shut down, which impacts online access for Warhawk, Twisted Metal, PlayStation All-Stars: Battle Royale, and Sound Shapes. This has now been extended to January 31, 2019 at 12:00 AM PT.

Following this shutdown, Warhawk will no longer be playable unless the PS3 system is set to LAN mode for local network play. For Twisted Metal and PlayStation All-Stars: Battle Royale, users can play the campaign offline as well as local (couch) multiplayer in split screen mode. For Sound Shapes, users will be able to play the campaign and all DLC purchases as well as create their own levels, however, users won’t be able to share their levels with the community or download community created levels."

spacer.gif

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
On 2018/10/6 at 8:14 PM, Spaz said:

The only benefit is getting “free” trophies from autopopping. 

If you did all the trophies in three hours, you’re either a pretty damn good player or you got lucky on those Death Mode levels. 

Either way, I’m glad I don’t have to play through this game six times the normal way. That is torture.

Agreed, that one level took me more than 3 hours to complete. I wouldn’t do it again even if someone pays me to.

that being said I am really sad to see the server shutdown, consider the joy(pain) this game had brought me.