Wendigos Mines of death Psychotic! (help)

dansussex

No problems thus far on Psychotic until this level. After you kill the two WENDIGOS  that zip around then attack, you face hordes of Wendigos after this that dash you towards the end of the level. Just before the final descent! I keep dying here not sure why it's so annoying. I have re-run this on insane and sometimes die here, but normally I get through ok. 

Any advice what guns are best here, revolver, shotgun, machine gun?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, BlackSquirrell1 said:

Is this game as nerve racking as the first one?  I jumped every time I had to go thru the mines.

The style is very different and not comparable, they only used the aesthetics and lore from Until Dawn to make a on rail shooter.

While the original was like a good horror movie that you dread the impeding doom that awaits you, Rush of Blood is like one of those horror themed roller coasters where you have a jumpscare sprinkled through the level, sometimes they get to you, sometimes don't. Only thing is that you will freak out if you are afraid of roller coasters. My mom was alright with the monsters, until a huge drop showed up and she freaked out.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, ElBolovo said:

The style is very different and not comparable, they only used the aesthetics and lore from Until Dawn to make a on rail shooter.

While the original was like a good horror movie that you dread the impeding doom that awaits you, Rush of Blood is like one of those horror themed roller coasters where you have a jumpscare sprinkled through the level, sometimes they get to you, sometimes don't. Only thing is that you will freak out if you are afraid of roller coasters. My mom was alright with the monsters, until a huge drop showed up and she freaked out.

I'm going to try to see what happens if I try to play it on the standard PS4 (don't have the Pro yet).  I never loaded it because I thought it wouldn't run.

• Like 1

On 04/10/2018 at 7:39 PM, BlackSquirrell1 said:

Is this game as nerve racking as the first one?  I jumped every time I had to go thru the mines.

It's even more nerve-racking when some things jump out on you on screen (in VR) and at the same time, your cat jumps onto your lap.  Especially from in front of you :-)

• Like 1

• 3 years later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Every time I died on psychotic, I didn't reload my backup save right away but did an extra practice run of the same level on insane. In retrospect this was a huge help to get better and learn the more difficult parts. Surprisingly I only needed 2 tries for Mines of Death, maybe 3 or 4 on the last level. So that's a general strategy I really recommend.