Twisted Metal Boosting Guide

Empovyle

I took your image and made a spreadsheet in google drive anyone can make a copy of if they prefer it:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-0NjoE8wvLCL3XBQZItxEd6xmx6hLggd1-Er2T9Q68s/edit?usp=sharing

Just go to file -> make a copy to make your own.

The have column is for the amount of whatever you have earned, the total is required, the need is how many you have left.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Dark said:

This is a very helpful & in depth last minute guide for people just starting/finishing. Good job :) 

1 hour ago, BlackJudas77 said:

You sir, are a gentleman and a scholar, thought I'd post something to this extent as I was going through it but felt like it'd make a really crappy guide so I'm glad you took away those guilty feelings for me.  Great job!

Thank you very much!

1 hour ago, SajoAtine said:

I took your image and made a spreadsheet in google drive anyone can make a copy of if they prefer it:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-0NjoE8wvLCL3XBQZItxEd6xmx6hLggd1-Er2T9Q68s/edit?usp=sharing

Just go to file -> make a copy to make your own.

The have column is for the amount of whatever you have earned, the total is required, the need is how many you have left.

Thank you, I wanted to make a spreadsheet as well but I'm just not that great at them and I didn't have much time to figure it out, so I'm glad you made one instead. Do you mind if I put the link to it in the OP?

Great job @Empovyle! Thanks for putting this together.

I have a question:

12 hours ago, Empovyle said:

When you begin boosting, make sure you are the host. If you aren't the host, don't expect the stats to save accurately. You should only not be the host when you are helping someone else boost.

For the "Team" game modes, if my boosting partner will be the host and I will be in his (winning) team, I shall also get +1 win in this mode, correct?

Since that will also cut down the grind.

Or the issue is that the servers are glitchy and it's not working properly?

6 minutes ago, Smashero said:

Great job @Empovyle! Thanks for putting this together.

I have a question:

For the "Team" game modes, if my boosting partner will be the host and I will be in his (winning) team, I shall also get +1 win in this mode, correct?

Since that will also cut down the grind.

Or the issue is that the servers are glitchy and it's not working properly?

That wont work since only the host gets credit.

• Like 1

You can speed nuke to 15 min if you destroy the statue (3 hits) in one round and make 1 point in your other offense. You will be 6 points and game will apply Mercy Rule and skip the last round since max score would be 6-1. Time to destroy is very close, I could only do it using 2 Talon

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, fenris-lima said:

You can speed nuke to 15 min if you destroy the statue (3 hits) in one round and make 1 point in your other offense. You will be 6 points and game will apply Mercy Rule and skip the last round since max score would be 6-1. Time to destroy is very close, I could only do it using 2 Talon

Thank you, I updated the guide with this information.

Well you can still try it by standing in ur friends lobby and after it start with all solo win stuff .. you will definitly see then, if it worked or not.

It's still a good time saver, if it works and worth a try, if you ask me ^^

And for the guide - if you play Nuke, better don't play the Skyline Map, since that one is a real pain in that mode.

7 minutes ago, jayboo1991 said:

And for the guide - if you play Nuke, better don't play the Skyline Map, since that one is a real pain in that mode.

I feel your pain. I saved Nuke for Thrills and Spills, which... is a complete mess of a map. Please don't do this. Not to mention you can't choose to play smaller sections for some reason, you're forced to play the whole map. For anyone that needs Nuke wins please spare yourself the annoyance and pick Black Rock Stadium instead.

An exelent guide. Probably one of the best guides about how to boost multiplayer game. But I just wanna point out that both "Right Place, Right Time" and "Tradin' Paint" trophies CAN be obtained on split screen. I was only capableto join the TM servers a couple months ago and i got these two a bit after the game was offered on plus when i was unable to join any room.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Max_Playne said:

An exelent guide. Probably one of the best guides about how to boost multiplayer game. But I just wanna point out that both "Right Place, Right Time" and "Tradin' Paint" trophies CAN be obtained on split screen. I was only capableto join the TM servers a couple months ago and i got these two a bit after the game was offered on plus when i was unable to join any room.

Thanks, I changed it to say online or LAN only. You did earn them in LAN mode correct? I was basing the statement off of the trophy descriptions, which made me think they were online multiplayer only, but it's good to have a clarification.

I assume that LAN will be fully functional after the shutdown, but I'm hoping to test on an alt to see if the trophies can be earned while completely disconnected from a network connection/signed out of PSN.

14 minutes ago, Empovyle said:

Thanks, I changed it to say online or LAN only. You did earn them in LAN mode correct? I was basing the statement off of the trophy descriptions, which made me think they were online multiplayer only, but it's good to have a clarification.

I assume that LAN will be fully functional after the shutdown, but I'm hoping to test on an alt to see if the trophies can be earned while completely disconnected from a network connection/signed out of PSN.

Yes i did. Trophy descriptions are a bit misleading. The only totaly online misc. trophies are "I h8 poachers" and "Fire in the Sky". Not sure either if they're obtainable in LAN after shutdown but i don't see why they wouldn't. Good luck to everyone going for it!

38 minutes ago, Max_Playne said:

Yes i did. Trophy descriptions are a bit misleading. The only totaly online misc. trophies are "I h8 poachers" and "Fire in the Sky". Not sure either if they're obtainable in LAN after shutdown but i don't see why they wouldn't. Good luck to everyone going for it!

Those two you have mentioned are tied to "ranked" games, so imho 100% won't be possible to get them via LAN/splitscreen.

So before servers shutdown 8 MP trophies in total have to be earned in order to get the plat later (requiring finishing SP on "Twisted" as already mentioned):

Point, Shoot, Kill - Kill 100 enemies with every missile during Ranked games.
Any car will do - Earn 50 Kills with Each Vehicle in Online Ranked Games
Another Level - Win 10 Ranked games in each map. Map size does not matter.
A la Mode - Win 10 Ranked games in each game type.
Fire in the sky - Shoot down an enemy missile 1 time in a ranked game of NUKE.
I h8 poachers - Finish a ranked game with the most damage done and fewest kills overall
All sales are final - Win at least 1 Ranked Online game per day for 30 straight days

Calypso - Achieve the Highest Online Rank

Correct me if I missed sth.

Edited by Smashero

4 minutes ago, Smashero said:

Those two you have mentioned are tied to "ranked" games, so imho 100% won't be possible to get them via LAN/splitscreen.

So before servers shutdown 7 MP trophies in total have to be earned in order to get the plat later (requiring finishing SP on "Twisted" as already mentioned):

Point, Shoot, Kill - Kill 100 enemies with every missile during Ranked games.
Any car will do - Earn 50 Kills with Each Vehicle in Online Ranked Games
Another Level - Win 10 Ranked games in each map. Map size does not matter.
A la Mode - Win 10 Ranked games in each game type.
Fire in the sky - Shoot down an enemy missile 1 time in a ranked game of NUKE.
I h8 poachers - Finish a ranked game with the most damage done and fewest kills overall
All sales are final - Win at least 1 Ranked Online game per day for 30 straight days

Correct me if I missed sth.

1st of all i wanna apologize for my misphrasing. The trophies i was saying i was unsure were meant for "Right Place, Right Time" and "Tradin' Paint" .

2nd thing, you're only missing "Calypso" trophy, but yeah, thats pretty much it

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Max_Playne said:

1st of all i wanna apologize for my misphrasing. The trophies i was saying i was unsure were meant for "Right Place, Right Time" and "Tradin' Paint" .

2nd thing, you're only missing "Calypso" trophy, but yeah, thats pretty much it

:D Right! Fixing right now! Thanks!