Telltale Games get permanently reduced prices

mcnichoj

As of right now on the US PSN store, all of their games are currently priced at $15.

I assume this is permanent as they don't have any crossed out prices or any listing for when the sale price will be over like every other game that goes on sale.

These reduced prices are only on the PlayStation Store and Steam, not on any competitors like the Xbox/Windows stores or GOG (which is a DRM free Steam alternative).

I don't think the games are going to get removed any time soon but if you wanted to grab some games you didn't already have then now would be the time to do it.

Here's a list of games that you can't buy on a physical disc:

Jurassic Park: The Game

Nelson Tethers: Puzzle Agent

Sam & Max Beyond Time and Space
Sam & Max: The Devil's Playhouse
Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People
Tales of Monkey Island
 (Not discounted)

The Walking Dead: Michonne (this game is on both PS3 and PS4)

Poker Night at the Inventory 2 (delisted)

The Walking Dead: The Final Season (delisted but will return, has NA & EU trophy lists)

Edited by mcnichoj

Seeing as they fired everyone without severance, people who stuck with them through all the shit we've been hearing about, it's safe to say I'll never buy a telltale game again, shame I don't get to see how Clem's story ends or TWAU 2 but Telltale doesn't deserve our money.

• Like 2

Batman part 2 hit the Switch eShop the other day out of fucking nowhere, also hit with a 63 dollar price tag. That's the Aussie eShop mind you, gonna assume this deal isn't gonna land on our shores unfortunately, but I can hope. 

Been meaning to pick up Batman 2 for ages, but could never find a store with a copy, if ever a digi copy goes on sale on either of the three platforms, I might have to swoop in.

27 minutes ago, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

Batman part 2 hit the Switch eShop the other day out of fucking nowhere, also hit with a 63 dollar price tag. That's the Aussie eShop mind you, gonna assume this deal isn't gonna land on our shores unfortunately, but I can hope. 

Been meaning to pick up Batman 2 for ages, but could never find a store with a copy, if ever a digi copy goes on sale on either of the three platforms, I might have to swoop in.

They have a Telltale Batman bundle for $30USD if you ever wanted to go digital:

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP2026-NPUB50412_00-BATBUNDLE0000000

3 minutes ago, redcar200 said:

They should have told us they were closing. I would have bought their game just to support them,  I think a lot of us would have.

I think you should buy the games if you want to play them, not to support a company that treats its employees poorly.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, mcnichoj said:

I think you should buy the games if you want to play them, not to support a company that treats its employees poorly.

Please stop the bs. They did in no way treat their employees poorly. In fact, they got special treatment through their hiring practices. No extra pay when the company goes bankrupt is normal, and they could see it coming giving them time to look for another job.

Edited by MMDE
  • Like 1

Just now, MMDE said:

Please stop the bs. They did in no way treat their employees poorly. In fact, they got special treatment through their hiring practices.

My underlying point still stands and the reason for why I made the thread, buy video games you want to play. Don't buy a game just to make a statement.

• Like 2

I wonder if they'll pull games from PSNow at some point? That's where I played the Monkey Island and Jurassic Park games.

In any case, #teabagtelltale. I won't give them my money, either, for exactly the reasons listed by many above. I can live with a company that is hard on its workers, provided that the company is honest about that upfront. But TellTale projected this image of being a great workplace, and it looks like it was a lie.

Edited by starcrunch061
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, starcrunch061 said:

I wonder if they'll pull games from PSNow at some point? That's where I played the Monkey Island and Jurassic Park games.

Games have been pulled from Now before for license expirations. So I assume those two will remain up for however long the initial deal was for.

1 minute ago, Mcbeanstr said:

Definitely want Batman The Enemy Within so discounted deal will fit perfectly

You unfortunately don't save much on Enemy Within as you still have to pay for the first episode separately.

I wouldn't mind buying the 2nd Batman game, since I enjoyed the 1st one, but that would need to be under 10€, so probably not happening.. May think in getting this on disc, if there's that option (and falls in the 10€ thing..). 

Same with the TWD games, I kind of would like to complete the series, but I don't enough of it to buy any games from that series + they canceled the final anyway.. 

Also, isn't this the delisted routine discount? Like, put it on sale for a while then delist the game without warning. I think it was the same with Dirt 3 and Showdown at least. 

• Like 1

Decent price. About 3$ an episode? I dont know abou the older TT games though...some were rough to play and missables. But any if the newer ones are nice to relaxe and play/watch.