Telltale Games get permanently reduced prices

mcnichoj

While I enjoy the Telltale games quite a bit, $15 is more than I have ever paid for one, which is part of the reason they went bankrupt.  People knew to wait as they got discounted often and quickly.

i think I played all of their ps4 games except Minecraft 2, and the first Minecraft one was miserable so...

Edited by djb5f
  • Like 1

A few things not on sale (not a complete list, just some observations):

-Back to the Future (PS4) - $19.99

-Minecraft: Story mode Season 1 (PS3 and PS4) - $29.99 deluxe, $19.99 season pass

-Walking Dead Collection (PS4) - $49.99

And of course games that were published but not developed by TT (RGX, 7 Days to Die).

Just in case anyone was curious.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, RNumbers said:

A few things not on sale (not a complete list, just some observations):

-Back to the Future (PS4) - $19.99

-Minecraft: Story mode Season 1 (PS3 and PS4) - $29.99 deluxe, $19.99 season pass

-Walking Dead Collection (PS4) - $49.99

And of course games that were published but not developed by TT (RGX, 7 Days to Die).

Just in case anyone was curious.

Tales of Monkey Island is also $19.99

• Like 1

7 hours ago, HardXDXtraga said:

Seeing as they fired everyone without severance, people who stuck with them through all the shit we've been hearing about, it's safe to say I'll never buy a telltale game again, shame I don't get to see how Clem's story ends or TWAU 2 but Telltale doesn't deserve our money.

Same here, worst company in gaming.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, mcnichoj said:

They have a Telltale Batman bundle for $30USD if you ever wanted to go digital:

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP2026-NPUB50412_00-BATBUNDLE0000000

I've got the first one on disc on 360, and digi PS4 through Plus.

Buying a USD card would be a bit of a hassle and I like to keep it all on my main account (outside of things I just can't buy in AUS), but you're completely right nonetheless, the double pack in AUS is like 52 / 53 or so, which is less than just the second on Switch. Seems really dumb to make your first thing after bankruptcy be a re-release, that charges a LOT more than it was already available for elsewhere.

If this price drop thing ends up affecting the Switch games though, I'll double dip and rebuy Walking Dead 1-4 all over again for 15 or so a pop, I'll snag the Batman's too, and anything else that isn't Thrones or Minecraft really.

12 hours ago, mcnichoj said:

I think you should buy the games if you want to play them, not to support a company that treats its employees poorly.

I don't know any details about what happened. Just that they closed. But if I give 20 dollars for a game I would play n I help people keep there job then it's a win win. Even if it's a bad company, I still think about the people that are out of jobs that I feel bad for. 

On 10/5/2018 at 8:46 PM, Kittet3 said:

I haven't really kept up to date on their closure- did they end up pulling the final season of walking dead from the store? Even if it's only two episodes I still was interested in playing it. 

Yes they removed it. If you're curious about the story, you could just go watch a YouTube play through of it.

Edit: Another company picked it up, so it's probably going to return to the store.

Edited by mcnichoj
  • Like 1