My Warhawk Questions Thread

BrettyBoy

Just do it at the same time as Air to surface kills.

Same for the other badges and medals, don't just boost a weapon by itself, try to combine with long term medals, mode victories...

For example I did my 100 TDM by setting 10 points in match and using Eucadia spawn point with 3 alts. As soon as the match started I took the batch of 4 land mines and went where my alts spawned, threw a mine at their feet for a triple kill, did that 4 times for about 10-12 kills (mines are quite buggy if you throw right under characters' feet). This is very good as it cuts down the very long spawn time of mines. By the time I did the TDM I had my 1000 mine kills done too.

I also did aerial mines with the DM kills and wins, stacking 7 warhawks (need 2 consoles and 8 controllers though) on the same spot and dropping a mine on them.

Other pairs I thought about would be to do flag saves at the same time as ground weapons, and finish ground weapons the same way for xp. Do vehicle kills while doing zone defense kills, do most warhawk weapons on filled vehicles etc...

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, GastNDorf said:

Just do it at the same time as Air to surface kills.

Same for the other badges and medals, don't just boost a weapon by itself, try to combine with long term medals, mode victories...

For example I did my 100 TDM by setting 10 points in match and using Eucadia spawn point with 3 alts. As soon as the match started I took the batch of 4 land mines and went where my alts spawned, threw a mine at their feet for a triple kill, did that 4 times for about 10-12 kills (mines are quite buggy if you throw right under characters' feet). This is very good as it cuts down the very long spawn time of mines. By the time I did the TDM I had my 1000 mine kills done too.

I also did aerial mines with the DM kills and wins, stacking 7 warhawks (need 2 consoles and 8 controllers though) on the same spot and dropping a mine on them.

Other pairs I thought about would be to do flag saves at the same time as ground weapons, and finish ground weapons the same way for xp. Do vehicle kills while doing zone defense kills, do most warhawk weapons on filled vehicles etc...

Is there a way to make cluster bombs spawn faster? They are so slow.

4 hours ago, GastNDorf said:

What? But how are we meant to know this? It's not precised in game, and how do you even track your regular kills with the machinegun from A2A in the stats?

I had to manually do the math on a few medals since not every stat is accurately tracked. It's a damn mess, I know. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Brettyboy888 said:

I think I know how a zone capture works but what do you do for the other zone related medals? It’s so confusing. A trophy guide didn’t help either. 

I said that in my guide, only 2 medals are related to zone mode. Anything else asking zones can be done in team modes.

5 minutes ago, VirtualNight said:

I said that in my guide, only 2 medals are related to zone mode. Anything else asking zones can be done in team modes.

What about zone expansions? How do I do them?

Edited by Brettyboy888

11 minutes ago, VirtualNight said:

Have you read my guide?

Yeah. I get it in some way but still confused at the same time. So should I do the zone neutralises in zone mode? If not then which mode?

Edited by Brettyboy888

16 minutes ago, Brettyboy888 said:

Yeah. I get it in some way but still confused at the same time. So should I do the zone neutralises in zone mode? If not then which mode?

All neutralizations/captures/expansions in zone mode.

• Like 1

I’m allying Dog Fight mode and got 44 air mine kills but they didn’t count. Must of been because I accidentally committed suicide a lot while blowing up player 2 at the same time. So what is a good way to get air mine kills without killing myself by accident in the process? Only 3 air mine kills counted and I just want the damn medal. Only 3 of the kills counted. :/

2 minutes ago, Brettyboy888 said:

I’m allying Dog Fight mode and got 44 air mine kills but they didn’t count. Must of been because I accidentally committed suicide a lot while blowing up player 2 at the same time. So what is a good way to get air mine kills without killing myself by accident in the process? Only 3 air mine kills counted and I just want the damn medal. Only 3 of the kills counted. :/

*playing 

Edit: Never mind. They counted now. Stats must of been taking awhile to update.

Edited by Brettyboy888

45 minutes ago, NeM2k2 said:

Anyone know how long it takes for medals to be awarded? My ranks & badges have updated but I have over 300 kills and got 33 Combat Points in a round, but no Combat Medal awarded. (Requirements say 250 kills and 25 Combat Points IAR)

Stats take awhile to update sometimes I think but just go for other medals and rewards and you will probably get it unlocked on the way.

Edited by Brettyboy888

What's the best way to get warhawk weapon kills (Air Mines, Homing Missiles, TOW Missile) with 8p? I have my 2 PS3s on 1 screen and I find I'm spending most of my time getting the other 7 into position then actually racking anything up. Should I just buy a 2nd screen and be done with it? 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, POEman553 said:

What's the best way to get warhawk weapon kills (Air Mines, Homing Missiles, TOW Missile) with 8p? I have my 2 PS3s on 1 screen and I find I'm spending most of my time getting the other 7 into position then actually racking anything up. Should I just buy a 2nd screen and be done with it? 

Air mine kills are best done in Dog Fight as far as I know and same with other missile kills I think.

Edited by Brettyboy888

For those who are struggling with the count of what you've done, it takes a good few minutes, sometimes a bit more for scores/kills to update. Also, wait for the overall kills/points to update before you go for the "in a round" kills/points as they don't count until you've done the initial overall kills/points required.

id recommend personally that you just go for overall kills/points for medals/badges on everything before attempting the IAR (in a round) requirements. Also if you can, idle in a Warhawk, vehicle on foot between sessions when you're not actively playing to rack up them play-time medals.

• Like 1

Are zone expanisions the opposite of zone reductions and is there a way to check how many zone expansions I done?

10 minutes ago, MiamiNights89 said:

For those who are struggling with the count of what you've done, it takes a good few minutes, sometimes a bit more for scores/kills to update. Also, wait for the overall kills/points to update before you go for the "in a round" kills/points as they don't count until you've done the initial overall kills/points required.

id recommend personally that you just go for overall kills/points for medals/badges on everything before attempting the IAR (in a round) requirements. Also if you can, idle in a Warhawk, vehicle on foot between sessions when you're not actively playing to rack up them play-time medals.

??

3 minutes ago, B1rvine said:

If starting from scratch today, is this possible to complete before the server shutdown?

Idk. Hope so. I saw that someone obtained the platinum in 2 days somehow.

Edited by Brettyboy888

22 minutes ago, Brettyboy888 said:

Are zone expanisions the opposite of zone reductions and is there a way to check how many zone expansions I done?

1f44d-1f3fb.png

Idk. Hope so. I saw that someone obtained the platinum in 2 days somehow.

The 2 days time is by someone who completed most of the stuff in 2007 and early 2008 before trophies even existed, and then when the game got trophies...his stuff retroactively popped as he already had all medals/badges.

25 minutes ago, B1rvine said:

If starting from scratch today, is this possible to complete before the server shutdown?

The trouble is: it may well shut in 6 days time. The UK and German stores say the 15th. Also, the other games in the closure batch shut on the 15th so it seems odd that Warhawk would be any different. 

Highly unadvised to start it now really. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Potent_Delusions said:

The 2 days time is by someone who completed most of the stuff in 2007 and early 2008 before trophies even existed, and then when the game got trophies...his stuff retroactively popped as he already had all medals/badges.

The trouble is: it may well shut in 6 days time. The UK and German stores say the 15th. Also, the other games in the closure batch shut on the 15th so it seems odd that Warhawk would be any different. 

Highly unadvised to start it now really. 

That explains it.

26 minutes ago, Brettyboy888 said:

How do I netrualize a zone? It’s driving me insane because I’m stuck on trying to do that.

When playing in zones, make your alts capture a zone to lvl 1 then you capture that zone. When the zone turns white it has been neutralized. If you capture that zone to lvl 2 you get a expansion point. Rinse and repeat.

When you get all expansion points done (500) there's no need to capture that zone to lvl 2. Just capture zone to lvl 1 with your main and bots until you reach 1,000 captures and 1,000 neutralization/reductions.

Go to Stats, Game mode, Zones. There you can check your progress.

Edited by Darknight_1181
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Darknight_1181 said:

When playing in zones, make your alts capture a zone to lvl 1 then you capture that zone. When the zone turns white it has been neutralized. If you capture that zone to lvl 2 you get a expansion point. Rinse and repeat.

When you get all expansion points done (500) there's no need to capture that zone to lvl 2. Just capture zone to lvl 1 with your main and bots until you reach 1,000 captures and 1,000 neutralization/reductions.

Go to Stats, Game mode, Zones. There you can check your progress.

Thanks man.