Can you not fast travel with your ship?

Quink666

Like you could in both Black Flag and Rogue. You could fast travel to any port with the ship. Now you have to fast travel to closest view point then run all the way to the harbor to get you ship summoned to whatever location you are in.

This can't seriously be as intended right?

Edited by Quink666

2 minutes ago, rolltideroll157 said:

It's exactly as intended. The game wants you to explore it as much as possible instead of stupidly fast traveling every where instantly. The game and environments are gorgeous anyway so ride horeseback to each objective and enjoy the view 1f60a.png

Why would i need to explore places i have already explored?

No need to explore/complete the same place more then once. Ofc you can't fast travel to location you have not yet visited. But after a port has been visited you should be able to fast travel to it with you ship.

It just gets annoying that you have to summon your ship constantly if it is far away.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Quink666 said:

Why would i need to explore places i have already explored?

No need to explore/complete the same place more then once. Ofc you can't fast travel to location you have not yet visited. But after a port has been visited you should be able to fast travel to it with you ship.

It just gets annoying that you have to summon your ship constantly if it is far away.

You can fast travel to your ship directly 

16 minutes ago, rolltideroll157 said:

You can fast travel to your ship directly 

I know. But i can't fast travel with my ship. like is previous AC games like Black Flag & Rogue.

19 minutes ago, Xannic said:

How large is the map by comparison with the other two? My impression was that it was maybe 75% the size of Black Flag. 

It feels pretty large don't know compared to Black Flag but it's fairly big. Still a bit dissapointed about the size since they said it would be huge and it is barely bigger then Origins and 50% is water.

1 hour ago, Quink666 said:

I know. But i can't fast travel with my ship. like is previous AC games like Black Flag & Rogue.

It feels pretty large don't know compared to Black Flag but it's fairly big. Still a bit dissapointed about the size since they said it would be huge and it is barely bigger then Origins and 50% is water.

Lol well it is an odyssey so probably should expect lots of sea travel but the land bits seem alot bigger than ever before heck after the first 2 areas I was like ok I'm already tired I've done more quests than any other ac I've explored and explored it takes forever to get anywhere on foot mildly shorter by horse and I've seen 12% of the full map? Lol I'm excited 

I haven't tried this but the game told me that at many ports, there's an area where you can call for your ship. Not the same as direct fast travel, but there it is. @Quink666 seeing as you posted this already in the OP, it seems that you've already tried it. Why would this be much worse than Black Flag? I thought that game also didn't have direct ship fast travel, the only difference now is that when you faat travel to a viewpoint, you have to call your ship to the harbour instead of the ship already being in the harbour. I've also noticed that the ship travels for you on several occasions in the story so you won't have to go get it.

2 hours ago, Xannic said:

How large is the map by comparison with the other two? My impression was that it was maybe 75% the size of Black Flag. 

Point with Black Flag is, you couldn't just walk across the big island from town to town and find stuff in between to do. That's something I really love about Odyssey.

2 hours ago, Quink666 said:

1 hour ago, Taliesin_2943 said:

Lol well it is an odyssey so probably should expect lots of sea travel but the land bits seem alot bigger than ever before heck after the first 2 areas I was like ok I'm already tired I've done more quests than any other ac I've explored and explored it takes forever to get anywhere on foot mildly shorter by horse and I've seen 12% of the full map? Lol I'm excited 

I'm only fifteen hours in, just got to Athens in the story so I haven't seen a whole lot of the total map yet, so it might be that I get annoyed later on (don't know how far @Quink666 is but trying to ship fast travel seems like a postgame thing), but for now I think it's just about the best map ever. Yeah a bunch of it is water, but a lot is forest too and a whole lot of Origins was was sand. It wouldn't feel like Greece to me without a lot of forest and water, just like Origins would've been weird if it didn't contain a lot of empty desert.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, EternalChaos72 said:

Oh wow this is gonna be a pain in the ballocks if you can't actually fast travel with the ship.

Nope you can't. If your ship is in the southern part of the map you want to use it up north you either got to sail there or fast travel to a viewpoint in the area then run to the harbor and summon your ship and then you can sail it in the north.