Cultists

Something I was noticing in the cultist tree thing in that there are the unknown cultists (not masked, just a question mark).  Now, I killed this cultist lady outside a bear cave (and then ran from the bears because yeah), but the thing is, on the tree thing, it says to kill other cultists in the same branch to reveal info about them, but after I killed her, no other info was shown on the tree about others on the same branch.  Is that by chance, story related still? Or am I missing something here?

I did head back into the bear cave mind you, but no notes or info or anything, so I didn't get any other info that way.  I mean, there's no rush to kill these cultists, but I guess I was just more curious as to why no other ones have at least been given an idea as to where I can find info on them.

7 minutes ago, DrakeHellsing said:

Something I was noticing in the cultist tree thing in that there are the unknown cultists (not masked, just a question mark).  Now, I killed this cultist lady outside a bear cave (and then ran from the bears because yeah), but the thing is, on the tree thing, it says to kill other cultists in the same branch to reveal info about them, but after I killed her, no other info was shown on the tree about others on the same branch.  Is that by chance, story related still? Or am I missing something here?

I did head back into the bear cave mind you, but no notes or info or anything, so I didn't get any other info that way.  I mean, there's no rush to kill these cultists, but I guess I was just more curious as to why no other ones have at least been given an idea as to where I can find info on them.

Did u loot the body? Sometimes it'll give u info but not directly show anything in the menu as new I seem to have info on some I don't remember getting 

Just now, Taliesin_2943 said:

Did u loot the body? Sometimes it'll give u info but not directly show anything in the menu as new I seem to have info on some I don't remember getting 

Yeah, I have the ability to loot when assassinating.  And confirming the kill essentially looted the body for me.  I even went back (after running from the bears) to check and no looting available.  So I guess I need to check the notes I have and see if there's any info on them? Would that be the case this time around?

8 hours ago, Spawn said:

I just killed a cultist and got info on cultists in some other paths, so you'll probably just discover more as you go on.

The main thing about these paths is that each defeated cultist gives you a clue to the path leader.

Yeah, when I looked again (before I headed off to sleep last night), it did uncover the a clue about the leader.  So I guess others on this path are from other cultists elsewhere?  There are others I have uncovered, but can't take on yet (too strong they are).

Hmm, found a clue off a random person I killed while exploring a cave location, there were a small handful of people in there, killed one, got a clue for the same branch as the bear lady.  Not sure if the clue was by accident or not, or if another clue was suppose to lead me to the cave, but ah well.

28 minutes ago, DrakeHellsing said:

Hmm, found a clue off a random person I killed while exploring a cave location, there were a small handful of people in there, killed one, got a clue for the same branch as the bear lady.  Not sure if the clue was by accident or not, or if another clue was suppose to lead me to the cave, but ah well.

Probably killed an underling or cultists owned the cave I got an armor peice and a clue from clearing a mine no cultist in sight lol

6 minutes ago, Taliesin_2943 said:

Probably killed an underling or cultists owned the cave I got an armor peice and a clue from clearing a mine no cultist in sight lol

Yeah, once I cleared the cave out (it was called the Cave of Kratos mind you), I unveiled the cultist in question and he was actually very similar looking to the ones I had killed, so I assume it was his people just in the cave.

27 minutes ago, DrakeHellsing said:

Yeah, once I cleared the cave out (it was called the Cave of Kratos mind you), I unveiled the cultist in question and he was actually very similar looking to the ones I had killed, so I assume it was his people just in the cave.

Huh I cleared that out agrs ago before I knew of cultists must be why once I did meet them I had a ton of info on many

1 hour ago, Taliesin_2943 said:

Huh I cleared that out agrs ago before I knew of cultists must be why once I did meet them I had a ton of info on many

Yeah, I have a bit of info, but I guess I'm still a bit early in the game (I'm still in Athens after all).  But ah well, I'll work on them bit by bit, though I noticed on the map, one seems to be in the middle of the sea xD

10 minutes ago, DrakeHellsing said:

Yeah, I have a bit of info, but I guess I'm still a bit early in the game (I'm still in Athens after all).  But ah well, I'll work on them bit by bit, though I noticed on the map, one seems to be in the middle of the sea xD

I'm barely in Athens lol I explore the area I'm sent to fully then do main mission lol

13 minutes ago, DrakeHellsing said:

Also at least 1 cultists is a ship captain :)

Edited by Taliesin_2943

4 hours ago, Taliesin_2943 said:

I'm barely in Athens lol I explore the area I'm sent to fully then do main mission lol

Also at least 1 cultists is a ship captain :)

Do you know if you have to board his ship and confirm the kill? Or can you just sink the ship? (I tried boarding a ship once, that did not work out well and I had to unboard xD ).

I've actually gone a bit further than Athens now, but hey, no spoilers on plot stuff.  But I did find a cult person in the middle of the town, took me 3 tries to get him (because of guards and a mercenary afterwards).  Third time I managed to get him down without the guards noticing :)

1 hour ago, DrakeHellsing said:

Do you know if you have to board his ship and confirm the kill? Or can you just sink the ship? (I tried boarding a ship once, that did not work out well and I had to unboard xD ).

I've actually gone a bit further than Athens now, but hey, no spoilers on plot stuff.  But I did find a cult person in the middle of the town, took me 3 tries to get him (because of guards and a mercenary afterwards).  Third time I managed to get him down without the guards noticing :)

Lol I'm not 100% sure you have to board but if u use the high tier lieutenants they should be doing 99% of the boarding work but ud figure since u need them for the plot u could just sink them and it count if nothing else u can dive in for the body haha

what u might try is find him/her make a manual Save try just blowing up the ship if it doesn't work reload the save no harm no foul

3 hours ago, DrakeHellsing said:

2 hours ago, Taliesin_2943 said:

Lol I'm not 100% sure you have to board but if u use the high tier lieutenants they should be doing 99% of the boarding work but ud figure since u need them for the plot u could just sink them and it count if nothing else u can dive in for the body haha

what u might try is find him/her make a manual Save try just blowing up the ship if it doesn't work reload the save no harm no foul

What I did was board his ship and just fire a predator shot at his head while standing on my own ship.

2 minutes ago, Taliesin_2943 said:

Yeah this would also work lol or just kick them into the water lol

I'm not going to spoil where/how it happened but I just came out of a fight that would've been soooo much easier if I'd have gotten the Sparta Kick ability...

I'm usually favouring a stealth approach, Oddyssey is no different. I'm either picking them off by the predator shot, or I'm assassinating them one by one. I even killed a few cultists and managed to confirm the kill without anyone spotting me.

I'm a little confused right now, I'm wanting to uncover the identity of a cult member, but I'm not sure where said clue is suppose to be.  It's the top right branch, the one that owns a quarry and slave trade or something like that in Attika.  It tells me to help people nearby, so I went to Athens, did a questline there... and got info on the other member, which makes me unsure as to where the quarry is.  I went to that island west of Athens too, cleared out that quarry, but nothing, not even killing the cult member there helped.

Is there another quarry in Attika by chance? Or is the clue location a bit misleading?

48 minutes ago, DrakeHellsing said:

I'm a little confused right now, I'm wanting to uncover the identity of a cult member, but I'm not sure where said clue is suppose to be.  It's the top right branch, the one that owns a quarry and slave trade or something like that in Attika.  It tells me to help people nearby, so I went to Athens, did a questline there... and got info on the other member, which makes me unsure as to where the quarry is.  I went to that island west of Athens too, cleared out that quarry, but nothing, not even killing the cult member there helped.

Is there another quarry in Attika by chance? Or is the clue location a bit misleading?

There's two quarries in the Attika reagion that I've found, but the hint says "help people nearby"... Apparently that means questing.

https://forum.psnprofiles.com/topic/66211-eye-of-komos-cultists-help/

32 minutes ago, Kassandra said:

There's two quarries in the Attika reagion that I've found, but the hint says "help people nearby"... Apparently that means questing.

https://forum.psnprofiles.com/topic/66211-eye-of-komos-cultists-help/

Yeah, figured that's what it was.  Saw another quarry now (or a silver mine, not sure if that's the one or not), but no quests nearby.  Still got other places to search though... I am determined to find out about this cultist and murder him.

3 hours ago, DrakeHellsing said:

Yeah, figured that's what it was.  Saw another quarry now (or a silver mine, not sure if that's the one or not), but no quests nearby.  Still got other places to search though... I am determined to find out about this cultist and murder him.

That silver mines where I got my info on a cultists not sure if it's the 1 u need

7 minutes ago, Taliesin_2943 said:

That silver mines where I got my info on a cultists not sure if it's the 1 u need

It was, there was another quest from Sokrates that I didn't realize was there, so did that, then the one for the mines opened up (and no, I did not kill the woman).  So that's one cluster down, as I did kill the sage in town afterwards :)

Small question, does Podakes not give info on the sage for his branch? I've defeated him and Brison and I only have one clue on this sage.  Will another cultist possibly give me 2 clues to the sage instead?

Edit: Okay, I looked it up and turns out the sage is actually story related, so I should not need to worry about said sage so much.

Edited by DrakeHellsing
  • Like 1

On 10/9/2018 at 5:11 PM, DrakeHellsing said:

Small question, does Podakes not give info on the sage for his branch? I've defeated him and Brison and I only have one clue on this sage.  Will another cultist possibly give me 2 clues to the sage instead?

Edit: Okay, I looked it up and turns out the sage is actually story related, so I should not need to worry about said sage so much.

Oh I just ran into this too. I was so worried. So it's okay. ?

I re-killed him three times just in case. ?