Mayhem servers offline?

Milkyray

2 hours ago, JorgeSleep said:

I just made my little contribution. I hope more users join.

I wonder if it would ultimately be better to ask for a patched trophy trigger (much like with Shadow of Mordor) in lieu of fixing the server, as 99% of the game can be played/trophies can be unlocked offline.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, EqualityEarth said:

I wonder if it would ultimately be better to ask for a patched trophy trigger (much like with Shadow of Mordor) in lieu of fixing the server, as 99% of the game can be played/trophies can be unlocked offline.

Would be ideal, since it's only one feature that could be easily rendered Offline, kinda like the same with the online challenge in mad max. Except that's still unpatched...

I suppose I played my part for the time being... I went ahead and retweeted, most importantly I commented 3 heartfelt and hoping messages to them on the tweet. We can only hope that they bring the contract servers back up and are respectful enough to give a set in stone date of closure..... I'm hoping just as much as you guys are that at minimum that will be the case... for the time being let's just do what we can to cause influence to their judgment and try to gain attention to the situation (:

Edited by HyperFusion0
  • Like 1

I also contacted them through email. At some point, I'm going to find their phone number directly and just leave a message. Obviously usual channels of Twitter/email/support aren't working.

EDIT: Found their number and left a message. I was nice about it too and even accommodating towards them. We'll see if they respond or if they'll delete my voicemail.

Edited by POEman553
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, HailHale81 said:

Seems they shut it down on purpose without any warning so asking for a patch is the only recourse at this point.

Well i guess this is official now...."sigh" i wish i've done them sooner. This is why I will always hate online trophies: sure the game may still be playable, but you'll never be able to fully complete a game now.

Edited by Darghel
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, HailHale81 said:

Seems they shut it down on purpose without any warning so asking for a patch is the only recourse at this point.

Although I finished the Contract trophy and count myself lucky.

I have to say Agents of Mayhem doesn't have any coop. So now I'm wondering if this representative is talking about an entirely different game or just out their ass.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, BestUsername---- said:

I have to say Agents of Mayhem doesn't have any coop. So now I'm wondering if this representative is talking about an entirely different game or just out their ass.

I'll go with both ill-informed and talking bollocks.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, BestUsername---- said:

That tweet was written before the last person on PSNPROFILES earned the MP trophy. How could they have been turned off for a while if that is the case?

People had been earning the trophy all through October and on the 26th it just stopped. 

Edited by snakebit10
  • Like 2

Ah, good thing I got mine a long time ago. What a shame Volition couldn't be bothered to make a patch or update to fix this issue. Also, I wouldn't be surprised if their twitter had no clue about what you were talking about, AOM doesn't have co-op. But....the OG Saints Row games do. Wouldn't surprise me if they got it mixed up.

Hell...the conspiracist in me says they're trying to shut down the older games before the reboot Saints Row comes out, but that's just a theory...a Game Theory.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, snakebit10 said:

That tweet was written before the last person on PSNPROFILES earned the MP trophy. How could they have been turned off for a while if that is the case?

Like I said they may have been talking about a different game or (I believe) they maybe talking out their ass. I don't know any other Volition game that has had their servers turned off, which also support coop, in the past weeks. I do know that people have stated that leading up to the Daily Contract closure the contracts were either not loading or refreshing. So if they did shut it off "weeks ago" it could explain the erratic behavior of the online contracts.

Does anyone know Volitions track record of giving advanced notice regarding shutdowns?

Edited by BestUsername----
  • Like 4