Mayhem servers offline?

Milkyray

On 19/12/2021 at 11:08 PM, BestUsername---- said:

Does anyone know Volitions track record of giving advanced notice regarding shutdowns?

They gave a decent amount of notice before the Saints Row 3 and 4 Character Upload servers were turned off a few years back but so far, none of their games have lost their co-op/MP servers.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

They gave a decent amount of notice before the Saints Row 3 and 4 Character Upload servers were turned off a few years back but so far, none of their games have lost their co-op/MP servers.

My guess is that co-op uses P2P and only needs PSN servers to take care of the invites.

It would be weird to only shut down only a part of the servers instead of everything.
At the same time: Game companies can be weird so unless there ever comes a shutdown or someone dives into network traffic, we'll never know for sure how it works. P2P is just my guess :) 

19 hours ago, POEman553 said:

EDIT: The other thing would be to reach out to game journalists on Twitter and bring this to their attention. They might have more of a sway on what happens than any of us on this site.

They won't care. They didn't care for Fuse's murder, and it was even spicier, since EA breached ToS and tried to cover it up.
But you can try. I did.

On 22/12/2021 at 10:19 PM, POEman553 said:

EDIT: The other thing would be to reach out to game journalists on Twitter and bring this to their attention. They might have more of a sway on what happens than any of us on this site.

Unless you're talking about a Cyberpunk 2077 style trainwreck or Activision/Blizzard sized sexual harassment scandal, you'll never convince any modern mainstream gaming journalist to give 2 shits about the unannounced server closure for a game like Agents of Mayhem, that sold poorly and got meh reviews across the board. Modern journalists are only interested in massive scandals and stories they can milk for months on end to increase their ad revenue and site traffic - which is something this minor and in their eyes non-event won't do for them so won't even bat an eyelid when told about it.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 2

The official post seems weird, because some earned the trophy some time after shutdown. Furthermore the servers on pc went down at beginning of October and someone got an answer that they aware of the problems and it will take a while to fix the issue. 

Nevertheless a notification were nice so that all players who want to get platinum or 100% dependent on the system should have enough time to get it done. I have written a mail to the support, but got never an answer. I don't know what happened there. At least a small answer were appreciated. 

I am worried that I did not begin the game mid of last year. ?

Edited by pewiha
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Had the thought that Volition are probably in crunch right about now with the new Saints Row about to launch. It's not impossible that we'll get a more positive response to the possibility of a patch once SR is out and the developers can actually breathe, so it's worth continuing to ask, I suspect.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Marcopolo2887 said:

Stop buying their games !! Deep silver volition is a bad developper. 

You do realize that Volition & Deep Silver are 2 different companies? Volition is the developer & Deep Silver is the publisher. & calling Volition a "bad developer" really is nonsense. Sure they did made same bad games, but they also made same of the best games ever: Descent series, Summoner II, Red Faction 1, 2 & Guerrilla, Saints Row 1, 2 & 3 & of course the Punisher.

EDIT: Typos.

Edited by kenseizenkai

No answer !!! There are others developpers. Stop to buy this games !! Volition or deep silver its the same !! One trophy online !!! There weren't supposed to put !! Not even they correct it !! They don't care about the players and the trophies. The lack of respect is inadmissible.  No time to waste !! They are so many other games !! And other more respectful developpers. 

• Like 1