New DLC not free after buying “Complete Edition” of the game

arcanehornet_

On 10/6/2018 at 0:34 PM, StylerX01 said:

Why did they even release a complete edition if they were gonna add a new DLC.

They or at least marketing called it that to make it simple/easy to understand and then they created a new expansion sometime later.

On 10/6/2018 at 0:51 PM, Lorajet said:

Early reviews aren't too positive for the DLC,

If you actually play the DLC and think about this rationally, it stands to reason they did not intend to make The Good, The Bad and The Augmented when they came up with this. Part of the reason why reviews are so low is how small the actual content is. If you take a step back, there are about five maps, three new sets of armor (bunch of vanity), five weapons, a small bit of story, some extra dialogue and a couple modifiers.

Most of the content is actually just reskins or shuffling. Like, there are only three bosses that are used repeatedly across nine stages, with each boss just having a different colored/looking version of the basic armor set and a couple unique weapons. Vanity weapons are just the boss/normal weapon colored gold. While I don't think the expansion was made over a weekend, I'd be hard pressed to believe they were thinking about it back in December when the complete edition released. 

On 10/6/2018 at 0:59 PM, SanhRim said:

Boycot it and dont buy it, what they are doing is unacceptable!

To be fair, I'm willing to bet most people weren't going to buy it regardless. That being said, I still stand by the whole argument is kind of silly. Like I've said before, the stance is less "the wording is deceptive" and more "I'm mad there is now an even more complete version I should've waited for." I won't disagree with the choice of wording being poor, but I don't think this suddenly wouldn't be an issue if it was "Creoland" edition, just fewer people would express it because it sounds more entitled when it goes from an assumption to them using a word that implies the aforementioned assumption.

On 10/6/2018 at 2:35 PM, gameoverDude189 said:

Isn't it a bit late for new DLC when they've got The Surge 2 coming in 2019?

I guess. I think they just wanted to try to get a couple extra bucks to work on The Surge 2 but is it ever too late? Outside of releasing after the sequel.

On 10/6/2018 at 3:47 PM, NetEntity said:

More like "Complete But Not Really Edition"

That is a long way to go for a joke that could've been "More like The Surge: Incomplete Edition."

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Ptirle said:

I see that "Complete edition" is removed from the store... figures...

It was removed from the stores as soon as the DLC was announced so people wouldn't purchase it thinking it included the 2nd expansion pack as the subtitle "complete" was no longer accurate.