Good news, Season 4 is back on!

3 minutes ago, Omar said:

The key element that makes this great news is they are working on hiring the original team to work on it. They ARE the game, and after the harsh way out they were shown, seeing the game somehow stay afloat while they drown would've been bittersweet. Really happy to know they're being brought back ^_^ 

I wonder if they're going to keep the team on and basically keep making Telltales games but with original IPs? I guess we'll find out as more details come out. 

That is exciting news, definitely did not wanted Clementine's journey to end unfinished. She has already been through enough (love her!) and having the original development team work on this final season, I believe they will do it justice. :) 

3 minutes ago, ThatMuttGuy said:

I wonder if they're going to keep the team on and basically keep making Telltales games but with original IPs? I guess we'll find out as more details come out. 

I think this might be a one-off, mostly because it is a popular project and it was cut in the middle of its final season, so if you can only salvage one project, this is the one.

Maybe, if this proves successful, more Telltale projects will be rescued, but there's no way to know at this point....as for keeping the staff and turn into "Telltale," that could certainly be the case! Sales numbers for the remaining episodes of this season of TWD will be PIVOTAL indeed, it will be interesting to follow what happens :lol:

Awesome news! More importantly, the people involved initially will get to finish the game and get paid (hopefully, they can line up new projects after this). 

I somewhat think there may be another trophy list since Skybound Games will finish publication, but I could be wrong. 

• Like 1

This might be good news... But this makes no sense whatsoever in a business perspective, it's been noted none of the TWD games made any profit.. Why would you throw money that's almost guaranteed to lose you money ... There has to be something to this deal to protect 'em, otherwise they're fucking idiots.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, EpicNogg4 said:

Because they want to give the fans the ending they deserve, also they've made a deal with Skybound who obviously gave them the money to finish the project which most likely results in them getting a portion of the money made and also a heap of good exposure. 

Yeah that's a good stance, but throwing money away for good exposure.. Eh, there's more money efficient methods of doing that.

1 hour ago, Cobby said:

This might be good news... But this makes no sense whatsoever in a business perspective, it's been noted none of the TWD games made any profit.. Why would you throw money that's almost guaranteed to lose you money ... There has to be something to this deal to protect 'em, otherwise they're fucking idiots.

Where the fuck did you get that idea from lmao. 

The Walking Dead was Telltale's best seller. 

Season 1 alone sold 28 million. 

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Azaan60 said:

Where the fuck did you get that idea from lmao. 

The Walking Dead was Telltale's best seller. 

Season 1 alone sold 28 million. 

Season 2 and 3 and Michone lost 'em money though, along with every other game, except Minecraft.

• Like 2