ThatMuttGuy

Good news, Season 4 is back on!

54 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, ThatMuttGuy said:

Why? He used the information we all had at the time. Every single Telltales worker got laid off, including the skeleton crew. It getting finished is a miracle, not something that someone mislead. 

He was the first person to tell everyone it's been cancelled and put all of us in a panic state. And he turned out to be wrong

Edited by demonoutcast

13 minutes ago, demonoutcast said:

He was the first person to tell everyone it's been cancelled and put all of us in a panic state. And he turned out to be wrong

But....it did get cancelled so he wasn't wrong. 

7 minutes ago, ThatMuttGuy said:

But....it did get cancelled so he wasn't wrong. 

It wasn't cancelled, just because some random News Editor says it's cancelled doesn't mean it is. TellTale would've confirmed it themselves if it truly was, but they never did because the rumors turned out to be a miracle.

Edited by demonoutcast

4 minutes ago, demonoutcast said:

It wasn't cancelled, just because some random News Editor says it's cancelled doesn't mean it is. TellTale would've confirmed it themselves if it truly was, but they never did because the rumors turned out to be a miracle.

It got cancelled because every single Telltales worker got laid off. Who was going to finish it lmao?

It getting saved doesn't mean it didn't get cancelled. 

Fantastic news!! I'm so happy about this. I'm still bummed that WOAU and GOT season 2 got cancelled. This is still awesome!

4 hours ago, Cobby said:

This might be good news... But this makes no sense whatsoever in a business perspective, it's been noted none of the TWD games made any profit.. Why would you throw money that's almost guaranteed to lose you money ... There has to be something to this deal to protect 'em, otherwise they're fucking idiots.

can I make a completely uneducated guess on this having done very lazy google research?...skybound was founded by the creator of the walking dead comics...for a brief bio of their business feel free to read this...with telltale bankrupt, skybound is likely one of the companies that currently takes a big loss...it says they have "reached a deal" with telltale...not sure what that implies but it might mean that skybound can recover some of their potential losses and save on getting involved in all the legal stuff that comes with telltale's bankruptcy...again, uneducated guess...it's possible that they'll be getting a lot more than meets the eye and that it could in fact be a profitable decision...

good news for the walking dead fans...good news for trophy completists as well...maybe even good news for sony...seems like quite an assertive decision on skybound's part...i win -> you win -> everybody wins...yay!.. 

great to hear .. thank you Robert Kirkman 

This is great news! Considering The Walking Dead is ultimately their baby, no one but them could finish this properly. And it means the people who were working on it can now have the chance to finish what they’ve been working on for all these years, must be a relief for them!

3 hours ago, ThatMuttGuy said:

Why? He used the information we all had at the time. Every single Telltales worker got laid off, including the skeleton crew. It getting finished is a miracle, not something that someone mislead. 

Not everyone got laid off, just part of the skeleton crew.

So, does Telltale finally have the money to pay their layed off staff severence or not? While a “deal” has been worked out, there are 250 people who have lost their jobs without severence and the very few executives representing Telltale are profiting. I smell a very large lawsuit coming soon, and I don’t think we will see the end of the Walking Dead The Final Season very soon.

4 hours ago, madbuk said:

Not everyone got laid off, just part of the skeleton crew.

Nope, those 25 people left behind got laid off a few days ago, it was confirmed on Twitter by a few of it’s members. It has sadly been underreported though.

13 minutes ago, Cryptonyte said:

So, does Telltale finally have the money to pay their layed off staff severence or not? While a “deal” has been worked out, there are 250 people who have lost their jobs without severence and the very few executives representing Telltale are profiting. I smell a very large lawsuit coming soon, and I don’t think we will see the end of the Walking Dead The Final Season very soon.

Nope, those 25 people left behind got laid off a few days ago, it was confirmed on Twitter by a few of it’s members. It has sadly been underreported though.

https://twitter.com/anameformyself/status/1047975335235481600

There are still some left, only Retchel's team was laid off a few days ago.

Edited by madbuk

The 100% is one thing (maybe I'll make it my 40th plat) seeing that clems story will find an end is way more tho

Thanks skybound! 

I'm glad to hear it since I've enjoyed all the previous seasons and I did want to play the final season at some point, so it would have been a shame to leave it half-finished. I'm sceptical of episode 3 and 4's quality given all that has happened, but at least now we can get a proper ending. I do wonder how many of these ex-Telltale employees are actually willing to come back to work on the project after getting screwed over, though.

Have a feeling trophies will be buggy and people with season pass will probably have to buy the last 2 episodes again. Since it was removed from the store, something crazy like that will probably happen.

16 hours ago, Quink666 said:

Have a feeling trophies will be buggy and people with season pass will probably have to buy the last 2 episodes again. Since it was removed from the store, something crazy like that will probably happen.

On a similar note, the story is probably not going to stay the same either. TT probably/most likely gave them notes on what is suppose to happen and how all the characters should act, but the fact is that once a game changes hands, the vision is bound to change as well. If it does or not, it will be nice just to see the fans get a resolution in the end (and the trophies will be there, even if they have to be patched later on).

On 10/6/2018 at 10:44 PM, Cobby said:

This might be good news... But this makes no sense whatsoever in a business perspective, it's been noted none of the TWD games made any profit.. Why would you throw money that's almost guaranteed to lose you money ... There has to be something to this deal to protect 'em, otherwise they're fucking idiots.

They might have picked up the IP on the cheap, and only having to pay for half of the episodes, while reaping the windfall of a physical release as well as the remaining episodes might be enough to make this profitable.

Further, while it's true that TellTale clearly wasn't profitable, is it known that each one of their games also failed to turn a profit? I mean, if any of the franchises are going to make money, it would be the one that was built off of a GOTY.

On 10/7/2018 at 0:48 AM, demonoutcast said:

It was canceled by TellTale. He didn't lie or anything. The fact that it was picked up by Skybound is a different piece of news.

Edited by starcrunch061

While it is good new that Skybound will help in completing the final season, I don't think that any other game property will be renewed.

No Game of Throne S2, no Wolf among us S2 and no Stranger Things game will be released.

Anymore news on when people can expect episode 3? 

And if people who bought the seasonpass will still get the last 2 episodes for free.