Sound Shapes Death Mode Tips Sharing Thread.

Soufwar

51 minutes ago, Midnightwards666 said:

I don't think it's hard - it's more luck-based and very patience testing. I remember once getting through almost all levels in one night, and that was on my first time ever seeing death mode. In most cases I wouldn't worry about being too careful - luck will ultimately decide whether you win or lose. Your use of stickyball makes a difference. Hard to give general tips - it would be much easier if someone asked me about a specific level. 

what is stickyball ?

1 minute ago, mekktor said:

I was thinking of playing this game on Vita but reading this thread makes me think that might be a mistake. Is the Vita a viable option for death mode?

I think it is. I switched between the vita and PS4. I found the change of controller sometimes helped me when I was in a poor streak.

What I found helped a lot is more psychological, but put a sticky note over the timer on your screen. I found myself rushing because my time was going down and then I would keep dying. I also recommend turning off the awful audio and listing to something with a strong and fairly fast beat. 

• Like 2

I only have 1 remaining now: Galaxanoids. I played it for 2 hours on my Vita this morning (I love my lazy Saturdays!) but could not get a break. I am getting pretty good at navigating the level, even using some advanced tricks with air control to get to hard to reach notes quicker, but it has not helped me so far. I got very close a couple of times, but then ugly spawns sending me back and forth between the cogs ruined it at the end.

I will try some more on my PS4 now, pretty sure I will get it soon. (Hopefully the random number generating function on PS4 is a little kinder to me than the Vita one.) Then I will cross sync it and delete the game from all my systems for it never to return.

22 minutes ago, TurtlePM said:

All I can remember from that mode is:

TOUCH THE PEOPLE... :D 

I found Touch the People relatively easy. I saw a few posts from other people saying how they hated Touch The People, so I thought to give that a go first. Switched the sound off and held down R1 constantly and after about 15 minutes it was done.

FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ???

On Event Horizon 1 I had to cover the timer with something, as I would get careless when the timer would countdown.

And on Event Horizon 2, I had to switch the sound on so that I could listen to the beat, and know exactly when to jump.

Edited by DysectorZA
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Solid-Fisch said:

And repeat a level in 20 mins about 500 times just to finish it once is not really what i call a "game".

then stop trophy hunting?

A game that has some slightly difficult levels but that you can easily plat in less than a day is still way better than any game that requires 1000 hours of farming, or a game that you can free-plat in less than 5 minutes...

55 minutes ago, lesk8vaincra said:

then stop trophy hunting?

A game that has some slightly difficult levels but that you can easily plat in less than a day is still way better than any game that requires 1000 hours of farming, or a game that you can free-plat in less than 5 minutes...

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/12/2018 at 8:30 AM, DysectorZA said:

This is all mainly down to luck. Back in 2015 was the last time I played this and I only managed to get 1 of the Death Modes and I think it was by accident.

This past week, I was determined and I have now managed to get all except 4 of the Death Modes.

On top of it, I played all of the Death Modes with the sound off. So that's my tip for people struggling with Death Mode....Play with the sound off. It helped me a lot.

The last 4 Death Modes I am really struggling with are :-

Event Horizon #1 - I keep getting killed by those X lasers. I just can't seem to get around them. And if I play it safe, then the time runs out.
Event Horizon #2 - This one I can't wrap my head around, don't know if I am too slow or just not doing it right. 38 notes in 20 seconds? Am I missing something? That's nearly 2 notes per second. This seems more of a timing and luck thing.
Galaxanoids - This one I am definitely going to keep trying. I nearly got it last night after an hour, I was 1 note away before time ran out or I panicked and I played dumb and got killed. This is purely down to luck on where the notes spawn. This one I'll definitely get with a little more time.
Break-a-noids - This one is purely luck based, as this is very random and you basically have virtually no control over the ball. You're bouncing randomly and you've got two things from opposite sides shooting fireballs at you. This one is going to kill me!

Anyone got any tips or tricks that they can share for the above 4 Death Modes?

Thanks.

Break a Noids you CAN control the ball. When I first started the level I was confused cause I thought I was controlling the paddle thingy but it was the ball..   I found it easier to play as the little ball (hold square or r1).  Once you get the pattern to evade the fireballs, your skill will kick in.  This level is quite luck based. 

For Galaxanoids just keep playing it and you will learn the patterns and optimize your speed.  Eventually you will get your sweet note spawns.  Be confident and realize as you keep playing you will beat it.  This level is 70% luck,,  

Edited by Paradigmatica

18 hours ago, Paradigmatica said:

Break a Noids you CAN control the ball. When I first started the level I was confused cause I thought I was controlling the paddle thingy but it was the ball..   I found it easier to play as the little ball (hold square or r1).  Once you get the pattern to evade the fireballs, your skill will kick in.  This level is quite luck based. 

For Galaxanoids just keep playing it and you will learn the patterns and optimize your speed.  Eventually you will get your sweet note spawns.  Be confident and realize as you keep playing you will beat it.  This level is 70% luck,,  

Thanks for the Plat for all platforms. Totally luck. Playing on different consoles with different controls also helped a little.