Real-name Requests

bigrake1

I also like the mystery of these crazy psn id’s. What we call each other here is for me a source of continual amusement.  And after awhile you feel like you get to know people by what they post anyway. 

As in the case of the hilarious undercurrent going on in this thread between @Feral and @Dr_Mayus ...

Just when I think it couldn’t get any better, it does .... :lol:

I remember I sent a real name request for two of my friends (who's already in my list for years so it's not like they're strangers) but they didn't respond to me regarding it, so I guess everyone has the right to keep to their privacy ? I for myself would accept those if it's from people I know already, and it's not a big deal since I only have my first name in there.

18 minutes ago, Feral said:

Only you would go to such extremes to help me cosplay, what a friend.

Also explains why you hacked off part of my legs.

Exactly, who really needs that much leg. Seems like a complete waste to me. 

No, in my medical opinion we could all do with a lot less leg.

• Like 1

If it is from people I actually play with I'm fine to accept them, only have my real first name on it. 

But last time it was from someone who just send a friend request few days earlier, so I reject and guess what he unfriended me ?

I also get them from people who's real name is Notimportant or Notforyoureyes, I mean why send me a real name request? You sure don't want to show yours. Do they not know that the your name is shown in these requests?

There is one thing I really hate about real name requests, once accepted my friendslist is screwed, Sony must add a feature where you can choose to let the friendslist order be with PSN names.

1 hour ago, Dr_Mayus said:

Exactly, who really needs that much leg. Seems like a complete waste to me. 

No, in my medical opinion we could all do with a lot less leg.

Ha ha ha ha, you'd just have everyone getting around on stumps.

Clearly the leg market must be worth millions hence this diagnosis.

On 10/8/2018 at 4:19 PM, BlindMango said:

I never do it because I like the idea of referring and knowing people by their gaming name when I play games, I don't want my PlayStation experience to be some kind of Facebook style profile system with a bunch of random peoples real names - hard to explain but it makes it less fun when you delete the emphasis on gaming usernames

I'm on the same page as you. I only really go by real life name basis with friends I know personally outside of gaming or someone who I've been friends with for quite a while. I much prefer to just call people by their gaming alias. It's also much harder for me to remember friends I game with's real name most of the time. Especially if I'm lobbied with a few. So I much prefer sticking with gaming alias'. 

what I hate about this real-name request thing is that you don't know what their real name / profile picture going to be until you added them, I don't want some stupid real name (you know what I meant, not their real name but some stupid alias) and an ugly / offensive profile picture in my friend list.

I don't mind giving my first name but keep my surname a secret. My name is uncommon so I'm afraid of things like identity theft, and I hate my real surname any, I find it embarrassing to the point that I'm the only one at work who just goes by first name. No one knows my surname?

• Like 1