On sale for $10...worth a buy?

Of course it is the best Star Wars Battlefront game.

Better than before.

Finded some G2 Autobots.

Bullstomp, but current generation is not Generation 2 anymore thou could not realise this.

Edited by Divecomb
  • Like 1

The game has improved a fuck ton since release, I've been having a blast with some mates over the past few weeks. Player base is still pretty good as well, definitely worth your 10 bucks. Love how people still call the game shit just because of the microtransactions at launch, people didn't like it so they removed it, what more do you guys want?

7 minutes ago, KingGuy420 said:

It's pretty good. Not to mention all the future dlc is free (which there is quite a bit coming starting with Grievous at the end of the month.)

Seriously, don't buy into the hate. 1. The bad micro transactions were never actually in the game. 2. All the misinformed people blew it WAY out of proportion. Make your own decision. Does a Star Wars shooter interest you? Then fuck everybody else's opinions.

This guy makes a lot of sense. While EA was probably going to put MTs into the game, they didn't in the end. Now, you can get the game for $10, with free future DLC.

It sounds like a pretty good deal to me.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Ai-ds_low said:

Anyone with a backbone wouldn't support it after what happened. seriously. as long as you buy it for 10 bucks they keep trying to fuck with the gaming comunity. period.

Guess I have no backbone :dance:

The game is great, maybe ya know you should play it yourself and form your own opinion ?

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, EpicNogg4 said:

Guess I have no backbone :dance:

The game is great, maybe ya know you should play it yourself and form your own opinion 1f914.png

Ditto *_*

it's not about the game, its on principle. It was a desaster and caused a lot of controversy. They can try it again, with another game.

They shouldn't get money for what they did.

Edited by Ai-ds_low

16 minutes ago, Ai-ds_low said:

Ditto *_*

it's not about the game, its on principle. It was a desaster and caused a lot of controversy. They can try it again, with another game.

They shouldn't get money for what they did.

It was never actually in the game though, yes it was going to be but they listened to the community and removed it immediately. Problem solved, now we can all enjoy the game. Nothing else to it, there is no way they'll do it again in future releases.  

Just now, EpicNogg4 said:

It was never actually in the game though, yes it was going to be but they listened to the community and removed it immediately. Problem solved, now we can all enjoy the game. Nothing else to it, there is no way they'll do it again in future releases.  

Which means you aren't top informed bc they did never such thing as listening to the community.

Disney theatened to take away the license due to their damage to the trademark. thats the only reason. so DISNEY listened, and what they heared was OMG Star wars will loose its worth so we have to stop what they did to the game.

they also fired great developer and designer who wouln't deliver a cashcow with lootboxes like they wated to have.

but of course this is water under the bridge now so what.

• Like 3

I honestly didn't care for it all that much.  Putting aside all the microtransactions the game juat didn't feel all that great.  It was just something about the shooting that felt off to me.  Could you spend $10 and have a good time with it sure but if you asked me to spend that 10 then I wouldn't.

Gameplay, graphics are great, MP has fun modes and finally feels balanced a year later to be enjoyable. Story is predicitable, forgettable. They're still adding free DLC incl. characters, so it has that going for it. I think preorders were overpayed and people definitely got screwed as far as lootgate goes. Now the system is "fixed", but the progression system is still really annoying with it's conveluted character level/card level/ credit/crafting madness. seriously wtf EA. and then there's the plat. ooooh the hideous grinding. once you get every other trophy legit you'll be at like level 25, that's where I was. after that maybe another 5 levels of fun. and then it just turns into netflix&chill&BF2, but you can't watch narcos unless you understand Spanish w/o subtitles so fuck what else is there, maybe a comedy, modern family, but wait all the new seasons don't release until they rerun on cable tv next year so holy shit now you're rewatching breaking bad for the 3rd time because Marvel hasn't released Punisher season 2. dammit. well for $10 bucks, the game is fine. but seriously though a pain to plat. just like BF1 was a pain to plat/100%. I don't think it's a complete cashgrab like many are saying, I've played it and it's worth $10 bucks. but not much more.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KaiserMaglorix said:

It’s not even worth that, more should of been free as a apology because of how horrible the micro transactions was. Even then you shouldn’t get it, the game is hated by the community and from what I’ve read outside of the history of the game it’s just a bad game to play 1f614.png

The Micros were nothing compared to the still unfixed, unbalanced card system they have in the game.

4 minutes ago, cam_wick said:

Gameplay, graphics are great, MP has fun modes and finally feels balanced a year later to be enjoyable. Story is predicitable, forgettable. They're still adding free DLC incl. characters, so it has that going for it. I think preorders were overpayed and people definitely got screwed as far as lootgate goes. Now the system is "fixed", but the progression system is still really annoying with it's conveluted character level/card level/ credit/crafting madness. seriously wtf EA. and then there's the plat. ooooh the hideous grinding. once you get every other trophy legit you'll be at like level 25, that's where I was. after that maybe another 5 levels of fun. and then it just turns into netflix&chill&BF2, but you can't watch narcos unless you understand Spanish w/o subtitles so fuck what else is there, maybe a comedy, modern family, but wait all the new seasons don't release until they rerun on cable tv next year so holy shit now you're rewatching breaking bad for the 3rd time because Marvel hasn't released Punisher season 2. dammit. well for $10 bucks, the game is fine. but seriously though a pain to plat. just like BF1 was a pain to plat/100%. I don't think it's a complete cashgrab like many are saying, I've played it and it's worth $10 bucks. but not much more.

Have to disagree that its "Balanced". Still very much a mess and maybe worse since they changed the system.

33 minutes ago, Squirlruler said:

They were in the Beta and would have been shipped if there wasn't an enormous backlash (Along with pressure from Disney).

Don't support EA. Go buy it used. :]

1. You don't know that, no one does.

2. Even when they were in the game, they weren't nearly as bad as people were acting like they were.

3. They were giving free dlc to make up the difference. That's the trade off. Pay 60$ for a season pass or have the option to pay nothing.

4. Even if people could pay for advantages right out of the gate, they didn't have an increased chance of getting the good stuff. They could spend a thousand dollars and not get the best gun, where someone else could get it for free after their first match. Paying players didn't have a guaranteed advantage like all the whiners acted like they would. It's not like paid guns did 25% more damage or something (which is the actual definition of p2w btw)

5. Even if someone paid 10 grand to unlock everything on day 1, in three months when I unlock everything for free, the only difference between me and him is him being out 10 grand lol. That's his stupidity, not EA's.

If that guy wants to blow his money to have a fictional temporary advantage that's his problem. As long as i'm getting free DLC out of it I'm fine lol.

Even if they microtransactions were still there, I still would've bought it with a smile on my face lol.

Edited by KingGuy420

1 minute ago, KingGuy420 said:

snip

1. True, it is conjecture. Take it as you please.

2. They WERE in the game. And they WERE as bad as everyone was saying. Opinions friend.

3. This is to try to make up for it. Meh.

4. While true, it IS pay to win, because your chances of getting that better gear is increased as compared to those that don't spend.

5. Time is money.

My beef with EA is way more than just single game. And that's cool that you feel the free dlc makes up for it. I don't.

Your whole response:

CReyprY.jpg

:]

5 minutes ago, Squirlruler said:

They WERE in the game. And they WERE as bad as everyone was saying. Opinions friend.

Judging a game on a beta is just about the stupidest thing a consumer can do. Nothing was set in stone at the point, for this game or any other. For all we know, there could have been a daily challenge in the full release that rewarded 100 free loot boxes a day. Probably not, but judging a partial product is stupid cause you don't know.

At least you admit that it's more based on a blind hatred for EA than anything else. Most other people don't have the sack to admit that.

Just now, KingGuy420 said:

Judging a game on a beta is just about the stupidest thing a consumer can do. Nothing was set in stone at the point, for this game or any other. For all we know, there could have been a daily challenge in the full release that rewarded 100 free loot boxes a day. Probably not, but judging a partial product is stupid cause you don't know.

At least you admit that it's more based on a blind hatred for EA than anything else. Most other people don't have the sack to admit that.

Not blind hatred. Just a repeated showing that they don't care about the games and just want a profit. Which, is cool. They can totally do that! I just don't want to support that. :]

And we are not suppose to base a game based off it's beta? Are you serious? A game is pretty much set in stone by beta. Beta is for fine tuning and working out bugs, not massive design overhaul.