On sale for $10...worth a buy?

Just now, Squirlruler said:

Not blind hatred. Just a repeated showing that they don't care about the games and just want a profit. Which, is cool. They can totally do that! I just don't want to support that. :]

And we are not suppose to base a game based off it's beta? Are you serious? A game is pretty much set in stone by beta. Beta is for fine tuning and working out bugs, not massive design overhaul.

Nope. Beta's are made weeks in advance and are normally a skeleton of the full product to stress test servers. Judging anything on that is a mistake.

Not to mention, I fully believe they were patching it out before the backlash. The backlash happened within a few days of the release and they managed to have a day 1 patch to remove it. Believing that they created a patch and got it through certification in those 3 days or so is a little ridiculous. They almost had to have been working on a patch before hand.

3 minutes ago, KingGuy420 said:

Nope. Beta's are made weeks in advance and are normally a skeleton of the full product to stress test servers. Judging anything on that is a mistake.

Not to mention, I fully believe they were patching it out before the backlash. The backlash happened within a few days of the release and they managed to have a day 1 patch to remove it. Believing that they created a patch and got it through certification in those 3 days or so is a little ridiculous. They almost had to have been working on a patch before hand.

https://segmentnext.com/2017/11/18/the-star-wars-battlefront-ii-controversy-timeline-how-the-events-unfolded/

Backlash was over a month.

No. Beta's are not a "skeleton" of a game. They are usually pretty damn close to being done. There are a few exceptions, of course, but generally what you get with a Beta is what you get (minus the bugs) in the game.

Anyway, this is really OT. And that last post is just so wrong.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Squirlruler said:

https://segmentnext.com/2017/11/18/the-star-wars-battlefront-ii-controversy-timeline-how-the-events-unfolded/

Backlash was over a month.

No. Beta's are not a "skeleton" of a game. They are usually pretty damn close to being done. There are a few exceptions, of course, but generally what you get with a Beta is what you get (minus the bugs) in the game.

Anyway, this is really OT. And that last post is just so wrong.

OK. I'm just going to agree with you to finish this.

The fact that I've been sucked back into this debate after months of being out of it makes me want to gouge my eyes out so I can never look at another message board again lol.

Kudos, EA is the devil, death to all who make money!!!

What the people defending EA don't understand is that they try to get away with as much as they can. If not for the backlash, you'd end up with a game infested with all sorts of issues. Look at what they're doing with BFV. Once again they're going to end up with a game that's going to be in the bargain bin within a year.

Edited by ObliviousSenpai
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Ai-ds_low said:

Which means you aren't top informed bc they did never such thing as listening to the community.

Disney theatened to take away the license due to their damage to the trademark. thats the only reason. so DISNEY listened, and what they heared was OMG Star wars will loose its worth so we have to stop what they did to the game.

they also fired great developer and designer who wouln't deliver a cashcow with lootboxes like they wated to have.

but of course this is water under the bridge now so what.

That was ages ago. Who cares?

2 hours ago, Bullstomp said:

Clearly you never played the pre-EA Battlefront titles or you would've realized how silly this statement is.

Imo I prefer EA's, why is that silly?

Worth $10 sure but the last Battlefront game was a lot more fun.  Better balanced, better maps, more game modes.  I missed Cargo, Droid Run, Extraction, Sabotage.    And the star cards, progression, and hero pickups were so much better last t8me.

this one was definitely disappointing but $10 is doable.

21 minutes ago, Ai-ds_low said:

OMG

people like you are the reason why companys can pull this shit.

People like you are the reason why everyone else has to suffer from the consequences

Peoply like you are the reason the world can not change for the better.

Calm down, you are acting like EA commited a war crime. Yes they have made some very shitty moves in the past and present, but take it down a notch will you. 

It's not that serious. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Ai-ds_low said:

I think you should leave the house more often, more serious issues in life than a video game company attempting to make more money. They've learnt their lesson, move on.

jUsT mY 0piNiOn bTw, dEAl wITh iT.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Ai-ds_low said:

OMG

people like you are the reason why companys can pull this shit.

People like you are the reason why everyone else has to suffer from the consequences

Lmao. It's a game.

On 10/8/2018 at 6:46 AM, KingGuy420 said:

It's pretty good. Not to mention all the future dlc is free (which there is quite a bit coming starting with Grievous at the end of the month.)

Seriously, don't buy into the hate. 1. The bad micro transactions were never actually in the game. 2. All the misinformed people blew it WAY out of proportion. Make your own decision. Does a Star Wars shooter interest you? Then fuck everybody else's opinions.

+1

People sure do like to cry a lot over a toy where you pretend to be space guys and aliens with laser guns.

I’m not a fan of Star Wars, but I had a blast playing the old PS2 version couch mp for God knows how many hours. Picked this up on the sale and I’m having a great time so far with just the campaign. The multiplayer looks incredible and all the different modes seem cool as shit, the progression is interesting, and there’s heaps of content already plus future stuff. I’d gladly pay full price for this and consider it money well spent.

re: the crybabies - the company that exists to make money, as all companies do, removed the features you threw a legendary tantrum about pre-release. If giving in to the mob and giving them exactly what they want won’t placate the mob, why even attempt to in the future?

Props to EA for making a really cool game and for listening to community feedback.

edit: Disgustingly lazy Sunday today, house to myself. It wasn’t intended to be, but I wanted to try the mp for this and yeah it’s exactly as sick as I thought it would be. Tons of maps, deep ass progression and customization, so many different (and interesting) modes. I regret not buying this sooner. Fantastic game.

Edited by JollywoodJuan
words
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...