Banishing the Grimm Troupe

starcrunch061

There are 2 different trophies on Steam - one for banishing the Grimm Troupe and one for defeating the boss. Since you can't do both during one playthrough you had to either play through the game 2 times or go into the game's files and copy your save file. Personally, I think this is way better.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, DavidK92 said:

In the latest patch (1.02), the cartographer trophy was fixed by going into the shop. It says the Banishment trophy is fixed but it's not popping for me and I don't know what location to go to for it to pop.  

According to Team Cherry on Twitter, it should unlock if you return to the lantern (in the Howling Cliffs).

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, starcrunch061 said:

Thanks for the info. I've read online that if you don't fight Nightmare King Grimm, he doesn't show up in the Hallownest Pantheon? 

I've read something similar on Steam, they alluded to the 5 bosses before the final rest area being random.  Apparently there is another boss that you can skip too depending on your actions in the game

Spoiler

Grey Prince Zote - If you leave Zote to die in Greenpath

• Like 1

So, for those who might still be on the fence for banishing versus ritual, I recommend banishing. I find that the charm you get works far more often than it should. I don't know if I'd call it OP, but for 3 notches, I would say that it protects me from something like 8-10 damages per boss battle (particularly in Godshome), which makes it significantly better than, say, Lifeblood Core with its 4 lifebloods that can't even be replenished.

I didn't think I'd get past the Trial of the Fool (I'm not terribly good at this game), but not only did I get past it, I was able just to walk up to the final boss and pound him in his face, without worrying about any kind of damage.

I banished them and forgot to make the Fragile Charms unbreakable which would have been useful for later Pantheons. But luckily, it seems that if you die in a pantheon / tournament, you don't lose the Fragile charms at all since it most likely counts the same as when you're in a dream.

1 minute ago, Starlove- said:

I banished them and forgot to make the Fragile Charms unbreakable which would have been useful for later Pantheons. But luckily, it seems that if you die in a pantheon / tournament, you don't lose the Fragile charms at all since it most likely counts the same as when you're in a dream.

That's too bad, but I think you're right about the Pantheons (however, fragile charms do break on the the Radiance boss fight in the main game, so hopefully they don't on Absolute Radiance in the postgame). Not that I've tangled with Absolute Radiance myself, so I don't really know.

I happily knocked those things out early (my only real complaint with this game is that it is hard to lose twice in a row, so I was never really hurting for money on anything). One more pantheon for the 112% trophy (and the Knight trophy), and then the frustration of the final pantheon. 

Edited by starcrunch061

On 10/12/2018 at 11:39 AM, starcrunch061 said:

Thanks for the info. I've read online that if you don't fight Nightmare King Grimm, he doesn't show up in the Hallownest Pantheon? 

I banished them (and thus didn't fight NKG), but he still showed up in the Hallownest Pantheon for me. However, Zote did not show up for me in the Pantheon, since I left him to die in the main game.

Edited by NathanielJohn
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, NathanielJohn said:

I banished them (and thus didn't fight NKG), but he still showed up in the Hallownest Pantheon for me. However, Zote did not show up for me in the Pantheon, since I left him to die in the main game.

How u getting on NKG, PV and AR bosses??

Also, when u say u banished them and he still showed up, had u actually challenged him b4 u banished them....As in had u actually encountered him??

Edited by optimusmart

On 18.10.2018 at 4:31 PM, optimusmart said:

How u getting on NKG, PV and AR bosses??

Also, when u say u banished them and he still showed up, had u actually challenged him b4 u banished them....As in had u actually encountered him??

There is no way that he encountered Nightmare King when he banished the Grimm Troupe. They just vanish afterwards. But hopefully it is true what he says. I also banished them and now I am trying to make progress in the pantheon. But man is that hard...

Edited by Savyna

4 hours ago, Savyna said:

There is no way that he encountered Nightmare King when he banished the Grimm Troupe. They just vanish afterwards. But hopefully it is true what he says. I also banished them and now I am trying to make progress in the pantheon. But man is that hard...

Yea, ive since researched the conditions

I wonder if I avoid triggering the Troupe to appear at all, curious if that has any effect on the Godmaster appearance??

Some of the factors surrounding some of the appearances in Godmaster just makes me wonder

How u getting on with PV??

I can no damage run NKG and PV, just gotta practice the AR now.

Its very unforgiving isnt it, u have literally no room for error on those 3 bosses, but it is very satisfying once you get it. I pretty much just tank every boss, but those 3 mentioned u must be perfect

Edited by optimusmart

On 20.10.2018 at 8:35 PM, optimusmart said:

Yea, ive since researched the conditions

I wonder if I avoid triggering the Troupe to appear at all, curious if that has any effect on the Godmaster appearance??

Some of the factors surrounding some of the appearances in Godmaster just makes me wonder

How u getting on with PV??

I can no damage run NKG and PV, just gotta practice the AR now.

Its very unforgiving isnt it, u have literally no room for error on those 3 bosses, but it is very satisfying once you get it. I pretty much just tank every boss, but those 3 mentioned u must be perfect

Tanking is also mostly my way to go so far except of a few bosses. The sooner the die, the less opportunity to lose precious health. I am still practicing Pure Vessel and making progress but I go on vacation soon and have to postpone pantheon of hallownest and thus NKG and AR for later.

It's a bit mean that Grey Zote doesn't show up if left him to die in the main game (at least that's what I've read in the Wiki). He is so annoying and I wish I could skip him entirely.

Edited by Savyna

2 hours ago, FlareZero said:

So, to stay safe we just need to create a back up save?

As far as the trophies are concerned, they pop as they should. I've banished the Grimm Troupe and got the trophy for it as well as I could complete the hunter's journal and get all charms.

• Like 1

On 10/20/2018 at 9:09 AM, Savyna said:

That's not true, actually. I fought NKG, but lost to him. I banished the troop thereafter.

I've heard that simply meeting the bosses puts them into the pantheon.

2 hours ago, FlareZero said:

So, to stay safe we just need to create a back up save?

Nope. It's perfectly safe now. Even if NKG is part of the hunter's journal (and I don't think he is), he's not needed for the trophy. There are a few enemies who appear in the journal, but aren't counted for this purpose (The Radiance, Menderbugs, the Nailsmiths e.g.).

Edited by starcrunch061

Just now, starcrunch061 said:

That's not true, actually. I fought NKG, but lost to him. I banished the troop thereafter.

Nope. It's perfectly safe now. Even if NKG is part of the hunter's journal (and I don't think he is), he's not needed for the trophy (only the enemies from the vanilla version are necessary, according to steam forums). 

Okay that can be. I haven't tried to beat him. But for him I think he will be at the pantheon no matter if you fought him or not. I mean I'm not there yet but I've read a lot and it was never mentioned that he wasn't included (unfortunately :D).

With the vanilla enemies and the hunter's journal I am not so sure that it's correct in the PS4 version. Because mine popped after I fought the guy in the secret passage at the colosseum to get that fifth simple key, which was included to get access to the godmaster content. It's not missable but it is also not a vanilla enemy. There is just the one.

Just now, Savyna said:

Okay that can be. I haven't tried to beat him. But for him I think he will be at the pantheon no matter if you fought him or not. I mean I'm not there yet but I've read a lot and it was never mentioned that he wasn't included (unfortunately :D).

With the vanilla enemies and the hunter's journal I am not so sure that it's correct in the PS4 version. Because mine popped after I fought the guy in the secret passage at the colosseum to get that fifth simple key, which was included to get access to the godmaster content. It's not missable but it is also not a vanilla enemy. There is just the one.

You're definitely right. I'll edit that.

2 hours ago, Savyna said:

As far as the trophies are concerned, they pop as they should. I've banished the Grimm Troupe and got the trophy for it as well as I could complete the hunter's journal and get all charms.

2 hours ago, starcrunch061 said:

Nope. It's perfectly safe now. Even if NKG is part of the hunter's journal (and I don't think he is), he's not needed for the trophy. There are a few enemies who appear in the journal, but aren't counted for this purpose (The Radiance, Menderbugs, the Nailsmiths e.g.).

Ok, thank you very much.

With the Hunters Journal, I think it you just need the journal count to be full at any one time. And the count updates as you discover new content

For the xample, the journal starts with the vanilla count, but then the count increases as u explore some of the DLC areas, even on PS4

As @Savyna said, it popped for him/her when they killed a enemy in the Godmaster content. But there is more than one new enemy in the Godmaster content so why pop on this one....I dont think the journal tracker updates until you encounter the other enemies.

On Xboxachievements as well, I read that it popped for somebody without touching any DLC content, thus contradicting the experience above

And for the record, nobody on Steam has actually put a finger on the exact variables for the achievement, its all just hearsay

From what I've and due to contradictions like the 2 mentioned above, I just think you need the journal full at any one time.

If its a 145, then you need 145. If you are at 144, and then the total changes to 150 because you reached a new area, then you must now get 150 instead of 145 etc etc.....

Anybody have any takes on this??

EDIT:

Actually, you may be able to test this in-game quite easily.

The game has a in-built trophy tracker system on the title screen. I not sure if this synchs to ur systems trophies or not, but if it doesnt, then simply backing up your game before u pop the trophy will allow you to reset the ingame tracker so u can acquire the trophy again, but the ingame record of it

Allowing you to keep testing small variables with it.

I have it on switch and that definitely has a ingame achievement system so I will try to test on there if I play a bit more, otherwise will be on PS4

Edited by optimusmart

51 minutes ago, optimusmart said:

As @Savyna said, it popped for him/her when they killed a enemy in the Godmaster content. But there is more than one new enemy in the Godmaster content so why pop on this one....I dont think the journal tracker updates until you encounter the other enemies.

But why didn't I get the trophy sooner then? The enemy is not in Godheim it is in a secret area on the normal map and since it popped right after I killed it I surely must have defeated every other journal enemy.  I wasn't in Godheim before I hadn't had a key left. I don't believe any new monster within godheim counts nor NKG, but this guy for sure, at least in my case. The only thing I can imagine with your theory, is that reading the text of the Godheim door counted that monster in but I can't remember if I was there before. Idk

Edited by Savyna

1 hour ago, Savyna said:

But why didn't I get the trophy sooner then? The enemy is not in Godheim it is in a secret area on the normal map and since it popped right after I killed it I surely must have defeated every other journal enemy.  I wasn't in Godheim before I hadn't had a key left. I don't believe any new monster within godheim counts nor NKG, but this guy for sure, at least in my case. The only thing I can imagine with your theory, is that reading the text of the Godheim door counted that monster in but I can't remember if I was there before. Idk

I though lt u implied was a enemy in the secret area where u get the new simple key?

There isnt a sure way how new enemies are added to the tracker can count. For example, I think some bosses dont get added to the count until you encounter them, but the at other times, u need to reach a certain area or region for a enemy to get added

Its just a theory, but there is currently NO facts about this trophy, its all hearsay.

I will be sure to test it when I go through the game again via that way I said