Safe to sell?

14 hours ago, Mirraj_Gaming said:

I was wondering what trade goods are safe to sell? I don't want to sell something I could use to upgrade something.

I have been clearing all areas and doing all side quests. I came across 3 side quests where people want you to collect the trade items you get from animal kills (teeth and fur). It’s easy if you already have them in stock. Other than those quests there is no use for any of trade goods

• Like 2

Edited as I found I was in the wrong. I’ve now ran across a couple quests that require unique items that aren’t added to the drop table until you’re on that quest. I’ve also done a couple generic quests that require generic items like lynx fangs and shark teeth. 

Kassandra, who posted below, is right. And yes, that quest was funny as hell. Make sure you do Family Values in Lokris as well. Been awhile since I laughed that hard at a video game.

*hangs head in shame*

Edited by Valkynberg
Posterity
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Warlord99956 said:

I have been clearing all areas and doing all side quests. I came across 3 side quests where people want you to collect the trade items you get from animal kills (teeth and fur). It’s easy if you already have them in stock. Other than those quests there is no use for any of trade goods

2 hours ago, AJ_-_808 said:

I dont think you start getting those from the animal corpses until you actually get the quest. 

1 hour ago, Valkynberg said:

I can confirm that everything they want is already in the drop table for the animals. I’ve only ran across two quests that wanted stuff so far, and I was able to instantly turn them in since I already had the stuff.

This is subject to change as I find and do more quests, but as it is, my statement stands!

I can confirm that not everything will be already in the drop table.

For instance, the side quest Age Is Just A Number (which is very funny) asks you for two pieces from different animals that I've never seen drop before, nor since.

Other than that, it's very rare to get such a type of quest (unless you do the merc board, which has those things more often I think), personally whenever I'm at a blacksmith I just sell all my trade goods and I haven't run into trouble so far.

• Like 2

On 09/10/2018 at 10:30 AM, Kassandra said:

For instance, the side quest Age Is Just A Number (which is very funny) asks you for two pieces from different animals that I've never seen drop before, nor since.

Yeah there is another quest that tasks you to find epic grade shark teeth (I forgot the name of the quest though) and they show up as quest items. As I mentioned there were a couple of quests where I had to give normal skins to a guy. As you said, they come from the bounty boards.

I got the plat yesterday and completed all side quests and locations along the way but I never needed to sell any trade goods. With all the exploration and looting I ended up with 1M money and 35k of each crafting resource at the end. I still have every trade item I ever found sitting in my inventory!

• Like 1