How to get the "Jumped In" trophy after the servers shutdown

Dante_MS

5 minutes ago, Rattamauled said:

I only played this game a couple months ago. Had no issues at all unlocking the trophy, it popped as soon as I told my game to access the character gallery.

Didn't work for me and for several other players. The game wouldn't even let me into Character Gallery. Either servers were taken down much later than it was planned or there is some difference in versions of the game.

Edited by Dante_MS
  • Like 1

First of all thank you for your effort!

But I have a few questions:

- What server address I have to use for SRIV? Just switch "sr3" to "sr4" or is this not neccessary?

- I run into the mentioned error message/code. Unfortunately I dont have access to my router (if it is the AP isolation thing). But my PS3 wants to have some information on "IP address", "subnet mask" and "standard router". On your picture I can only see "primary and secondary DNS". Should I leave the set values or is there a change needed? (I use wifi)

Thank you

Edited by Bobble_DD
  • Like 1

@Bobble_DD The server is the same for both games - sr3.hydra.agoragames.com.

At "IP Address Setting" choose "Automatic" unless you have specific settings for your network. A few steps further there will be a different setting dedicated solely to DNS.

Edited by Dante_MS
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, Dante_MS said:

@Bobble_DD The server is the same for both games - sr3.hydra.agoragames.com.

At "IP Address Setting" choose "Automatic" unless you have specific settings for your network. A few steps further there will be a different setting dedicated solely to DNS.

That was the missing piece to make it actually work!

I can now confirm that I unlocked SRIV's "Saintified" with this method. Thus, SRIII shouldnt be a problem as indicated.

Thanks again and this is for you:

s-l300.jpg

(It is still magic to me how my PC can influence my PS3 without actually changing the router settings :D)

Edited by Bobble_DD
  • Like 1

I can confirm that this method unlocked Jumped In on SR3 for me on my dummy account.

@Dante_MS, will you allow me to use this information in my SR3 Guide? It'll probably just be a link to this post. I just need to find out whether or not using this method will get people flagged for illegitimate trophies. I don't think it would, as the option of doing this method should be available to almost everyone, but I don't make the rules.

• Like 1

I have been following this for a while. Thanks for posting this. Im playing SR3 greatest hits on ps3 na. I tried all the steps and have been at it for some hours now but the game freezes every time it starts. It is trying to connect to servers or something at start up and it freezes. If I turn off internet I can get into game and then I turn internet back on and it will freeze immediately. I'm not sure what to fix here. Please let me know any solutions.

Edited by JigglyCans
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, Dante_MS said:

@JigglyCans Does it happen with your usual settings, without a custom DNS server?

Hey, thanks for the quick response times. It doesn't happen with my usual settings.  I usually typically connect to wifi using easy settings and I have never had any problems. I followed all the steps in your guide and used the same addresses as you which caused my freezing problems. 

I tried a custom connect to wifi using the ipv4 address as my dns. I will then load into the game which will freeze as soon as it gets to the press start screen. It will sometimes freeze after. I tried several times to press x as fast as possible to get into the game, this would get to loading the game but then freeze in that screen. I tried disconnecting my wifi and getting into the game then reconnected it and it freezed immediately as it got the connection.

Further, I am able to connect to psn using your method. There was one instance where I was in the game but not connected to psn and then I tried to upload character which caused me to sign in and I then got the error you talked about in your guide. I was unable to recreate this situation however.

I deleted all of my data on the game and reinstalled it and had the same issue. This is really my last trophy I need so I am willing to try anything ? Thanks for your help.

Edit: Tried again for a couple hours, restored default settings, restored file system, rebuild database, and changed around some wifi settings. I don't have AP isolation it looks like. I redid the guide and just no luck. Guess I'll just have to live w/o this platinum. If anyone finds a solution or would compare settings to find out where the difference is, please let me know. Thanks.

2nd Edit: After like 3 hours of trying, I got it. I ended up signing myself out of psn, starting game, going right to the place you upload, signing in then pressing x down then x then x again fast and it worked. Man is this what miracles feel like. The game crashes immediately after but this is a good solution for anyone with the freezing problem. 

Edited by JigglyCans
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, JigglyCans said:

2nd Edit: After like 3 hours of trying, I got it. I ended up signing myself out of psn, starting game, going right to the place you upload, signing in then pressing x down then x then x again fast and it worked. Man is this what miracles feel like. The game crashes immediately after but this is a good solution for anyone with the freezing problem. 

Thank you for testing and reporting this, I'll add it to the guide as a temporary solution to the freezing problem :)

Edited by Dante_MS

On 09/10/2018 at 0:53 PM, Dante_MS said:

That's not a hacking, so people certainly won't be flagged for using this solution.

Just so you know, hacking isn't required in order to be flagged on this site. Basically anything you do outside the confines of the game could potentially be considered cheating.

I'm sure it'll be fine though as they have approved even more extreme methods such as connecting to unofficial servers to earn multiplayer trophies.

36 minutes ago, Dante_MS said:

@Spaz, so what?

Not everybody is going to do this method simply because it involves using DNS servers. But to be perfectly fair the servers should of shut January 31st of this year, which was already quite some time ago.

I know my way around and I've worked with computers for a long time, so your method is good for getting an otherwise unobtainable trophy.

Mad Max has to be done this way as well because patch version 1.05 made two trophies unobtainable, but you can trick the server to update to only version 1.04. But currently with the latest patch, the platinum for Mad Max is out of reach.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Spaz said:

Not everybody is going to do this method simply because it involves using DNS servers. But to be perfectly fair the servers should of shut January 31st of this year, which was already quite some time ago.

They have no choice if they want a platinum trophy ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

And what kind of server are you directing people towards?

Ah, okay, so you just direct them at google's dns server. That's just strange.

Anyway, you won't get flagged for doing this. :) 

Edited by MMDE
  • Like 3

@Dante_MS

Hey, man, thanks for the guide. Awesome work.

But looks like it's not working for me. Set the settings accordingly, my router ip is set as primary dns. Simple dns is also running. But the game gives me the same stuff: "The saints row: the third server is not available at this time". There are also no request in the performance graph in simple dns window. Can you help to find out what can be the problem?

• Like 1