How to get the "Jumped In" trophy after the servers shutdown

Dante_MS

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/8/2018 at 2:05 PM, Dante_MS said:

If you have problems with the "Jumped In" trophy because the game won't even let you near the "Upload" button, this guide should be able to help you.
TL;DR version: you have to make the game think that a server at sr3.hydra.agoragames.com is up.
Detailed version: upon entering the Character Gallery the game tries to reach a server at sr3.hydra.agoragames.com. As the server is down, the game kicks you back to the previous menu. At this step the game doesn't care if the server is functional, it only checks if the server is available, so the goal is to make the server seem available by using a custom DNS server or modifying the hosts file of your router.
The guide is about setting up a DNS server on Windows.

Reveal hidden contents

1. Download, install and launch Simple DNS Plus;
2. In Simple DNS Plus go to Options;

U3yTGb4.jpg

3. Go to DNS => Forwarding, press "Add", "Add" again and type there an IP of any DNS provider (I used OpenDNS on the screenshot);

urfMjVF.jpg

zORZVYO.jpg

7FnG8Ch.jpg

4. Go back to the main window and press "Records";

2OIFTLR.jpg

5. Press "New", then choose "Primary Zone" => "Forward Zone" and type there "sr3.hydra.agoragames.com";

0nGimc3.jpg

pmHVQBY.jpg

NcnGY2h.jpg

OGj7GS5.jpg

6. Right-click in a list of records and choose "New A-record";

SrGFBYi.jpg

7. In "Host IP address" type any accessible public IP (I used IP of Google DNS on the screenshot);

IvG7Wfd.jpg

8. Save the changes;

DHT7Mg5.jpg

9. Launch Command Prompt (Win+R, then type "cmd") and type "ipconfig". Find an IPv4 Address of your network adapter;

sMypPCF.jpg

10. On your PS3 set up an Internet connection as you always do, but as a primary DNS use the IPv4 address from the previous step. Leave a secondary DNS empty (0.0.0.0);

B96dJu3.jpg?2

11. Launch the game, create and upload your character or go to the "Image As Designed" store and upload your character from there.

Possible causes of an error 80710102:

• Enabled AP Isolation on a router (in case of both a PC and a console being connected to a router by Wi-Fi);
  • Enabled IPv6 on a network adapter;
  • Typo.

Both a PC and a console should be in the same local network (connected to the same router).

Some people reported that the game may freeze while using a custom DNS. We've yet to find a cause of this problem and so far the only solution we could come up with is to sign out of PSN, launch the game, go to a character creation or to a plastic surgeon and enter the Character Gallery. You will be prompted to sign in to PSN and after signing in you probably will have a couple of seconds to upload a character before the game freezes.

This method works for the "Saintified" trophy from Saints Row IV as well.

Do you think you could figure this out for Darksiders II as well? 

Not sure if the post is still active, but here goes...Since I am a bit desperate to get this trophy out of the way before I dive in.

Got the download/upload screen to work with the method mentioned, but it keeps freezing. Doesn't matter how fast I hit enter, it still freezes.

Any ideas how to fix this?

I ain't really sure, mate haha. Dumb luck on my part I suppose, doing everything right and choosing the right options this time around.

Still works perfectly, assuming one knows what he's doing. I am just glad I figured it out, even accidentally.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I tried doing this step by step but was still unable to get to the "upload" part as it just gives me the rejection like always. I am playing this on PS Now so was wondering if maybe that is why it's not working? Is this method only available on the PS3 or is it also possible via PS Now? I am loving the game but it really sucks that the only trophy that will be in my way of a platinum is that easy upload trophy (my fault for waiting so long). Any help is greatly appreciated; I'll try anything. Worst case scenario, I might even just buy a used PS3 just to try and unlock this trophy out of desperation lol : /

12 hours ago, Dante_MS said:

@Pharmer_Amko It doesn't work with PS Now.

Yeah, I figured it wouldn't be that easy. Thanks for the quick reply! I guess I will try to just buy a used PS3 since there are a few other easy platinum games I want to try as well anyways (i.e. The Terminator seems beyond easy even though I heard it was boring and horrible haha). I'll try the Saint's Row trick as soon as I get one and hope that it works for me since I hate seeing games that I could have platinumed had I just done them earlier lol :D

• 1 month later...
On 5/8/2019 at 4:55 PM, jimbob005 said:

Could anyone confirm if this can get your profile flagged please? I haven't started the game yet, but don't want to bother if this can you flagged.

Considering methods like GoneSpy are allowed, this wouldn't be flaggable.

Hi, I just want to know if this will work if I connect the Ps3 directly to the pc with the cable? I'm asking because I tried this method and it didn't work for me because can't sign in to psn altougth I made everything that this guide says. I only have left try connect my Ps3 directly to my pc (if it's possible) or call to my internet company and maybe they can configure the router to be able to comunicate my Ps3 with my pc 

• 2 weeks later...

Unfortunately I am stuck and not sure what else to try. I have done this on both my PC and laptop (one is wireless, one is ethernet.) I have checked for typos. I've put in the addresses you have used (with obviously my own ipv4 address for the last step.) I don't know if it matters but I even put my router into DMZ (after first trying it regularly.) I still cannot connect to the internet on my PS3.

Edit: Disabled Windows Defender and it worked. Now to deal with the freezing.

Edited by Joker-Kun890
  • Like 1

So I'm trying this but even with the custom DNS set up it still gives me a "The Saints Row: The Third server is not available" and then the game freezes on me. Will keep trying for now...

EDIT: I DID IT! And for some reason it even stopped freezing for me. The upload timed out twice and the trophy still unlocked.

This may or may not help in case yours is freezing, but make sure you're using the IP addresses for OpenNIC and Wikileaks as the guide says in steps 3 and 7 respectively. I tried using OpenDNS and Google DNS and it didn't work. Thank you very much @Dante_MS!

Edited by AFRising
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I tried using different ip's than the ones provided in the tutorial but without success, if you cannot make this workaround work, use the same ip's of the tutorial, that way worked for me, you won't upload your character but you will get the trophy. Also this works in both games.

Edited by Daniel-ECB
Added a little more info and fixed a typo
  • Like 1

I tried using the same ip's that you provided and use my own ipv4 and i can connect to psn fine and I've disabled my antivirus but when i'm in the game it still says "The Saints Row the Third server is not available at this time. Please try again later." . I'm not getting any requests on Simple DNS so I'm wondering if there's any other solutions or if theres something else on my end preventing the pc and ps3 connection. (I have also disabled ipv6)

EDIT:I loaded it up again today to see if I did anything wrong but it loaded up perfectly and worked on my first try today don't know what the issue last night was regardless thank you @Dante_MS 

Edited by ZeGreatMaurader
Problem Fixed

On 5/10/2019 at 5:25 PM, Dante_MS said:

Absolutely! That's why I've been waiting for logs from you for over a month already :D

How do you get logs? I'm on Xbox and made an account just to reply to this thread lol. I never get around to just popping these achievements on the 360 for Saints Row 3 and 4.