How to get the "Jumped In" trophy after the servers shutdown

Dante_MS

I had a bit of trouble using this guide, as I still get the can't connect to the servers popup box. When I search for the ipconfig on the command search, I don't get any of the IPv4 values; though I think a good workaround would be to look in the properties of one's internet connection as I used the one there. My other issue is when I set up my internet connection, I went to the primary dns and entered my ipv4 connection number, but every time I try to exit out it pops up saying that anything unsaved will not be saved. TL;DR, is my workaround a good idea and how do I have my primary dns so I can try to see if this works for me? Thanks. 

• 1 month later...

No puedo saltarme el trofeo. Elegiré comprar una copia digital ya que mi juego físico es de segunda mano y quizás haya un problema. ¿Alguien sabe si los trofeos de copias físicas y digitales serían los mismos, o si cada copia generaría sus propios trofeos?

Fantastic, it works perfectly today

Many thanks  Dante_MS

Edited by Pato_friki
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hello, I've a question: I'm currently playing the game and was thinking about platting it, but didn't know the "Jumped In" trophy became unavailable.

What I'd like to know is if it's completely safe to use this workaround in other to get the trophy? There're no risks of getting into trouble or anything after you get the trophy?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I don't know if my experience is atypical, but I was able to get the trophy without using the server. I just loaded up the game for the first time tonight, created my character, went to press upload, and after I had pressed it got the notification that the servers were closed. Like I said, may have been a fluke, but worth trying without the hassle of setting up a custom DNS I suppose?

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 8.10.2018 at 8:05 PM, Dante_MS said:

Since the Saints Row servers were shut down, this is currently the only known way to get the "Jumped In" trophy from Saints Row: The Third and the "Saintified" trophy from Saints Row IV.
This method works only for PS3 versions of the games. There is no solution for PC and Xbox 360 versions at this moment.
TL;DR version: you have to make the game think that a server at sr3.hydra.agoragames.com is up.
Detailed version: upon entering the Character Gallery the game tries to reach a server at sr3.hydra.agoragames.com. As the server is down, the game kicks you back to the previous menu. At this step the game doesn't care if the server is functional, it only checks if the server is available, so the goal is to make the server seem available by using a custom DNS server or modifying the hosts file of your router.
The following guide is about setting up a DNS server on Windows:

Hide contents

1. Download, install and launch Simple DNS Plus;
2. In Simple DNS Plus go to Options;

U3yTGb4.jpg

3. Go to DNS => Forwarding, press "Add", "Add" again and type there an IP of any DNS provider (I used one of OpenNIC Public Servers on the screenshot);

urfMjVF.jpg

zORZVYO.jpg

uoTa6Vn.jpg

4. Go back to the main window and press "Records";

2OIFTLR.jpg

5. Press "New", then choose "Primary Zone" => "Forward Zone" and type there "sr3.hydra.agoragames.com";

0nGimc3.jpg

pmHVQBY.jpg

NcnGY2h.jpg

OGj7GS5.jpg

6. Right-click in a list of records and choose "New A-record";

SrGFBYi.jpg

7. In "Host IP address" type an IP of any site or server (I used an IP of wikileaks.org on the screenshot);

OaWvL0o.jpg

8. Save the changes;

PCgsbZ7.jpg

9. Launch Command Prompt (Win+R, then type "cmd") and type "ipconfig". Find an IPv4 Address of your network adapter;

sMypPCF.jpg

10. On your PS3 set up an Internet connection as you always do, but as a primary DNS use the IPv4 address from the previous step. Leave a secondary DNS empty (0.0.0.0);

B96dJu3.jpg?2

11. Launch the game, create and upload your character or go to the "Image As Designed" store and upload your character from there.

Possible solutions to an error 80710102:

• Make sure that both a PC and a console are in the same local network (connected to the same router).
  • Disable AP Isolation on a router (in case of both a PC and a console being connected to a router by Wi-Fi);
  • Disable IPv6 on a network adapter;
  • Check for typos.

A temporary solution to a freezing issue:

Some people reported that the game may freeze while using a custom DNS. We've yet to find a cause of this problem and so far the only solution we could come up with is to sign out of PSN, launch the game, go into the character creation or to a plastic surgeon and enter the Character Gallery. You will be prompted to sign in to PSN and after signing in you probably will have a couple of seconds to upload a character before the game freezes.

Could this work with Instant Artist?

• 4 weeks later...
On 8.10.2018 at 8:05 PM, Dante_MS said:

Since the Saints Row servers were shut down, this is currently the only known way to get the "Jumped In" trophy from Saints Row: The Third and the "Saintified" trophy from Saints Row IV.
This method works only for PS3 versions of the games. There is no solution for PC and Xbox 360 versions at this moment.
TL;DR version: you have to make the game think that a server at sr3.hydra.agoragames.com is up.
Detailed version: upon entering the Character Gallery the game tries to reach a server at sr3.hydra.agoragames.com. As the server is down, the game kicks you back to the previous menu. At this step the game doesn't care if the server is functional, it only checks if the server is available, so the goal is to make the server seem available by using a custom DNS server or modifying the hosts file of your router.
The following guide is about setting up a DNS server on Windows:

Reveal hidden contents

1. Download, install and launch Simple DNS Plus;
2. In Simple DNS Plus go to Options;

U3yTGb4.jpg

3. Go to DNS => Forwarding, press "Add", "Add" again and type there an IP of any DNS provider (I used one of OpenNIC Public Servers on the screenshot);

urfMjVF.jpg

zORZVYO.jpg

uoTa6Vn.jpg

4. Go back to the main window and press "Records";

2OIFTLR.jpg

5. Press "New", then choose "Primary Zone" => "Forward Zone" and type there "sr3.hydra.agoragames.com";

0nGimc3.jpg

pmHVQBY.jpg

NcnGY2h.jpg

OGj7GS5.jpg

6. Right-click in a list of records and choose "New A-record";

SrGFBYi.jpg

7. In "Host IP address" type an IP of any site or server (I used an IP of wikileaks.org on the screenshot);

OaWvL0o.jpg

8. Save the changes;

PCgsbZ7.jpg

9. Launch Command Prompt (Win+R, then type "cmd") and type "ipconfig". Find an IPv4 Address of your network adapter;

sMypPCF.jpg

10. On your PS3 set up an Internet connection as you always do, but as a primary DNS use the IPv4 address from the previous step. Leave a secondary DNS empty (0.0.0.0);

B96dJu3.jpg?2

11. Launch the game, create and upload your character or go to the "Image As Designed" store and upload your character from there.

Possible solutions to an error 80710102:

• Make sure that both a PC and a console are in the same local network (connected to the same router).
  • Disable AP Isolation on a router (in case of both a PC and a console being connected to a router by Wi-Fi);
  • Disable IPv6 on a network adapter;
  • Check for typos.

A temporary solution to a freezing issue:

Some people reported that the game may freeze while using a custom DNS. We've yet to find a cause of this problem and so far the only solution we could come up with is to sign out of PSN, launch the game, go into the character creation or to a plastic surgeon and enter the Character Gallery. You will be prompted to sign in to PSN and after signing in you probably will have a couple of seconds to upload a character before the game freezes.

How do you find out the pathway?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey I am trying this out for a friend but I keep getting errors with DNS when trying to sign into the PS3. I have followed the guide to the letter, I turned of IPV6 and the other suggestion that was given. 

Can anyone help out with this please?

@Dante_MS

Edited by Big-Brady

• 2 weeks later...
On 08/05/2020 at 6:17 PM, Big-Brady said:

Hey I am trying this out for a friend but I keep getting errors with DNS when trying to sign into the PS3. I have followed the guide to the letter, I turned off IPV6 and the other suggestion that was given. 

Can anyone help out with this please?

@Dante_MS

Any advise for me on this one?