How to get the "Jumped In" trophy after the servers shutdown

Dante_MS

• 3 weeks later...

I dont fucking get it, I followed the guide to a "T" and yet no trophy? I guess I dont have any luck with trophies like this. Please someone let me know of an easier way to do this 

Sidenote: when typing in the dns numbers I typed in my IP address because I didn't think you could connect without it. Would that stop me from getting the throphy?

Edited by jacrizpy2002

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

PS3 outright refuses to work with this setup. Not sure what's up with SimpleDNS, but it just does not work here. Got it to work with my PS4 no problem, but that's not the goal. No typos, everything's on the same network, all the hoops have been jumped through and the checks have been signed. I've about had it with this shit. 

Edit: Pardon the spazzing out, I'd been messing with this for about 4 hours when I wrote that. The solution dawned on me a little bit later. IP was set to 127.0.0.1. I changed it under Options>Inbound Requests>Inbound DNS Requests. Once I set it to my actual IP, everything worked smoothly. Got my Trophy now, thank you for figuring all this out! 

Edited by Sargo_Squirrel
Update and apology
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey man I had a huge problem with this DNS thing even after following the steps over and over, tried different DNS on that free dns page you recomended, tried wikipedia and wikileaks current IPs and when everything is ready and I head to the ps3 settings to connect, it says FAILED. I checked the Simple DNS plus on the Active Log tab and the log says the following:

Request from 192.168.43.183 for A-record for nsx.sec.np.dl.playstation.net

->Duplicate request ignored -still working on original.

Sending request to 95.217.190.236 (forward server)for A-record for nSx.SEC.np.DL.pLaySTATIOn.NeT

Sending reply to 192.168.43.183 about A-record for nsx.sec.np.dl.playstation.net:

->Header: Server Failure

Im losing my mind and I thoight maybe we could do a little exchange if you wish cause I really need the help. If you allow me to DM you the details

• 1 month later...
15 minutes ago, Diponist said:

Anyone knows another program that i can use besides simple dns plus? The trial ended and i don't want to pay for it just for this

When I played this a few weeks back the trophy popped without any program. I just followed the on-screen prompts to upload my character at the start, it looked like it was trying to load, then trophy popped with the error message saying it couldn't connect.

I was using wifi and had been having issues with my wifi recently, so maybe it just needs a poorer quality internet connection for the trophy to pop before the error message? Maybe try using wifi and connecting any other devices you have to it to slow it down?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Thank you for the walkthrough, it worked for me. My game would freeze during the loading screen. To fix the freezing I experimented with different IP addresses and by using my phone as a hotspot. 
For the DNS provider I used a USA based address; 192.3.165.37. The host IP that worked best was youtube.com 172.217.13.206.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone, I have a big problem ...

I followed Dante's method to the letter and it worked wonderfully for Saints Row The Third, without any freeze, I got the trophy straight away.
Very happy I continue with Saints Row 4, the installation is finished, I wait and there I realize that the game has frozen.
Suddenly I turn off the console, I do as Dante specified, I disconnect from the PSN and I try to launch the game but still nothing, it still freezes on the menu.
Without knowing what to do, I tried different DNS views on this forum and on that of 4, but still the same.
I tried to go back to my basic DNS but it's the same.

I'm disgusted, the only way I can access the game is to turn off the internet connection, which isn't normal at all.

I don't know what to do anymore, I've been on it for at least 4 hours, I'm on the verge of breaking everything.
In addition to not having obtained the trophy, I feel like I have messed up something, and that really scares me.
I told myself that maybe I no longer had access to online, so I launched Bioshock 2 and Red Dead Redemption and I was able to access online normally. I handed over Saints Row The Third and have access to the game normally. It's just on the 4 where there is a big problem.

Please I ask for help, I have no idea what to do at all.

EDIT: After several searches on the internet, I realized that the problem did not come from me but rather from the game, since a lot of people were blocked like me from the game menu because the console had frozen.

A person gave me the miracle solution to get this damn trophy even when the game freezes on the menu: for that you have to turn off the router, so no more internet, then we launch the game, we "pass" the impassable passage, there where normally the game freezes, and there you can restart your router.
Once the router is on, simply press the PS button on the controller and reconnect to the PSN.
And there you have it ^^
I had tried everything except that, and it worked, I was able to get my trophy that way, with no freeze or anything.
On the other hand, I sincerely hope that this problem will be corrected one day, because here it is not possible what to do to only play normally.

Thank you a lot Dante^^

Edited by Corle1nes
Problem solved
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...