How to get the "Jumped In" trophy after the servers shutdown

Dante_MS

18 minutes ago, StacFace92 said:

Just out of interest, have all the people doing this method tried just doing it the normal way first? I got this trophy a couple of years ago as one of my first ones, just by clicking 'upload character' when I saw it as an option. It was long after the servers had closed for it, and I got an error message, but the trophy still popped first try. Not sure why it worked for me but apparently not for others, but may be worth a try before going straight to the more complicated method.

That’s how I got my trophy and it worked for me at the time. 

On 16/07/2022 at 3:06 PM, StacFace92 said:

Just out of interest, have all the people doing this method tried just doing it the normal way first? I got this trophy a couple of years ago as one of my first ones, just by clicking 'upload character' when I saw it as an option. It was long after the servers had closed for it, and I got an error message, but the trophy still popped first try. Not sure why it worked for me but apparently not for others, but may be worth a try before going straight to the more complicated method.

Yes, I tried to do it normally on both SR3 and SR4, both did not work. I wouldn't say this method is complicated, Dante did a great guide making it clear and concise, especially, on the new method. Took me 10mins max and once you did it for SR3, you can straightaway pop the trophy for SR4 in secs.

Edited by Kranier-
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

I've spent the better part of 10 hours today trying the new and old version of the walkthrough and am not having any luck. I either can't connect to the internet or I can and the game will just give me the "server is not available" when trying to upload.

I'm going to break for now and try again later, I know I must be missing something.

Edit: Pretty sure its my Comcast router/modem. Gonna find a cheap router and try that out next.

Edited by MohawkJon_1311
Update

• 1 month later...
On 25/01/2022 at 0:06 AM, mxzhz said:

i did all the steps and it got me past the error code. The problem I have is when i press upload character and it says "the connection to the community site timed out" the trophy does not pop up. is there something i did wrong? 

edit: after starting a new campaign and making a new character i went to upload my character and it gave me the achievement. thanks so much 

wait, achievement or trophy? does it work on 360?

• Like 1

On 9/18/2022 at 10:44 AM, MohawkJon_1311 said:

I've spent the better part of 10 hours today trying the new and old version of the walkthrough and am not having any luck. I either can't connect to the internet or I can and the game will just give me the "server is not available" when trying to upload.

I'm going to break for now and try again later, I know I must be missing something.

Edit: Pretty sure its my Comcast router/modem. Gonna find a cheap router and try that out next.

I guess the router overrides any DNS settings you're using on PS3.

You could try sharing a mobile connection.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks @Dante_MS! I just unlocked the trophy ?

On 25.12.2022 at 8:06 AM, Hysteria said:

Can I do the trick using Mac ?

The operating OS should be irrelevant. Just make sure that the device you're using to setup the DNS Server (Likeley from your chrome browser,...) is in the same Network as your PS3. This was the easiest case for me. The rest is described in the guide ;)

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I tried both versions of the guide and it couldn't connect to the network, tried changing stuff, still didn't. But then I read how someone had also the same problem (on the playstationtrophies thread), but when they disabled their antivirus, it did. So I turned off my antivirus and just in case, the firewall and it worked! So to anyone who has the same problem of it not wanting to connect to the network and the solutions in the OP don't work. You can try disabling the antivirus (and maybe the firewall, though don't know if that has anything to do with it).

Also, great guide @Dante_MS .

• Like 1

16 hours ago, evar110 said:

You can try disabling the antivirus (and maybe the firewall, though don't know if that has anything to do with it).

It's only applicable to the old method. If the new one doesn't work, my general recommendation is to share a mobile connection with your PS3 and link IP from the phone.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dante_MS said:

My general recommendation is to share a mobile connection with your PS3 and link IP from the phone.

I tried using mobile hotspot and NextDNS, but that didn't work for me, for some reason. Though I'm just glad that something worked and thought I'd share what worked for me. Yeah, forgot to mention that the old guide worked for me, when disabling antivirus and firewall.

Hi, I have a question. Is it possible to get the online trophies from both Saints Row The Third and Saints Row IV for PS3 without my PS3 Console being connected to the Router? It's just that anyone else at my home is curranty using Wi-Fi right now and I don't want to risk messing with the router. Please Reply me Soon. See You Later.

Thanks Dante_MS, but now I have two things.

1.I don't have to connect between PS3 Game Console and the Router with a Ethernet Cable? (Also between PS3 Game Console and my Laptop with a Ethernet Cable)

2.How can I share a mobile connection with the PS3 Console and link IP from the phone?

My phone is Android Nokia 6.1

I don't know how to share a mobile connection with the PS3 Console and link IP from the phone. Is it there a step guide for this as well?

I almost forgot to tell you that I have the Wi-Fi Extender as well. Will it work with the Wi-Fi Extender as well instead of a Router?

Hello Guys, since this thread seems to be pretty active, I would like to ask everyone for help. I tried the new version of the guide, unfortunately unsuccesfully, the Internet connection does work but I still get the typical error message when connecting to the games upload server. After that I tried using my mobile hotspot, which, again, didn’t work for me (this time due to the Playstation not being able to connect to the internet anymore). My Router only supports IPv4 and not 6 btw… should I try it with another mobile phone Hotspot from another provider perhaps ? Does it make sense to try the old version? (I don’t have a Windows PC though , only Mac OS) - any suggestions what else I should try to do?

• 2 months later...
45 minutes ago, ThatRainerGuy said:

@Dante_MS

Hey mate can you help me with this when I get to the part to change DNS settings on PS3 it wont let me change it as there is also an IP Address section, Subnet Mask section and Default Router section. Could you please explain what i might be doing wrong?

Nvm read through the form and found someone with the same issue, fixed it and got trophy first time :)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

It worked! Thanks for this very easy-to-follow guide. Another online plat is basically in the pocket now!

I did it on Mac, with IPv4 way as my router doesn't have IPv6, and experienced no game crash afterwards.

The trophy popped a few moments after a text appeared about server connecting time-out. The whole operation took about 2 minutes.

• Like 1