How to get the "Saintified" trophy after the servers shutdown

Dante_MS

On 08/10/2018 at 7:23 PM, Dante_MS said:

If you have problems with the "Saintified" trophy because the game won't even let you near the "Upload" button, this guide should be able to help you.
TL;DR version: make the game think that a server at sr3.hydra.agoragames.com is up.
Detailed version: on entering the Character Gallery the game tries to reach a server at sr3.hydra.agoragames.com. As the server is down, the game kicks you back to the previous menu. At this step the game doesn't care if the server is functional, it only checks if the server is available, so the goal is to make the server seem available by using a custom DNS server or a router with a DD-WRT firmware.
The guide is about setting up a DNS server on Windows.

Reveal hidden contents

1. Download and install Simple DNS Plus;
2. Launch Command Prompt (Win+R, then type "cmd") and type "ipconfig". Find an IPv4 Address of your network interface. You will need it later;

sMypPCF.jpg

3. In Simple DNS Plus go to Options;

U3yTGb4.jpg

4. Go to DNS => Inbound Requests, choose "On the IP addresses checked below" and check a field which contains the IP from the step 2;

751fKMW.jpg

5. Go to DNS => Forwarding, press "Add", "Add" again and type there an IP of any DNS provider (I used OpenDNS on the screenshot);

urfMjVF.jpg

zORZVYO.jpg

7FnG8Ch.jpg

6. Go back to the main window and press "Records";

2OIFTLR.jpg

7. Press "New", then choose "Primary Zone" => "Forward Zone" and type there "sr3.hydra.agoragames.com";

pmHVQBY.jpg

NcnGY2h.jpg

OGj7GS5.jpg

8. Right-click in a list of records and choose "New A-record";

SrGFBYi.jpg

9. In "Host IP address" type any accessible public IP (I used IP of Google DNS on the screenshot);

IvG7Wfd.jpg

10. Save the changes;

DHT7Mg5.jpg

11. On your PS3 set up an Internet connection as you always do, but as a primary DNS use the IP of your network interface from the step 2;

B96dJu3.jpg?2

12. Launch the game, create and upload your character or go to the "Image As Designed" store and upload your character from there.

If you're getting an error 80710102, double check the IP address. In case of a wireless connection, make sure that you have AP Isolation disabled on your router. Both a PC and a console should be in the same local network (connected to the same router).

This method works for the "Jumped In" trophy from Saints Row: The Third as well.

I tried this method and I do get the error you mention in the end. I've tried having PS3 connected through cable and wireless, nothing. Did it with AP (Guest/Bridge mode) disabled, nothing. With it enabled, nothing either. 

Am I supposed to disable wifi on laptop? Cause I cannot use same DNS for two devices, correct me if i'm wrong.

I'm also curious if everyone who's been unlocking this trophy went through all this, has an easier method or is simply hacking away...

Cheers for the share though.

13 hours ago, fbiocnha said:

Am I supposed to disable wifi on laptop? Cause I cannot use same DNS for two devices, correct me if i'm wrong.

You can use the same DNS on multiple devices.

13 hours ago, fbiocnha said:

I'm also curious if everyone who's been unlocking this trophy went through all this, has an easier method or is simply hacking away...

The last 3 players to get Sanctified and Jumped In did that by using my method. There are messages in a SRIII thread and also I've received PMs saying that it works. Don't know about those who got trophies before that though.

Edited by Dante_MS
Removed the false information

6 hours ago, Dante_MS said:

You can use the same DNS on multiple devices.

To test if a DNS server is working at all, you can make your network interface (the same you're using for the DNS server) use your DNS server and try to open any site.

The problem is that I can't know about specifics of all network setups and all routers. I explained how to solve the problems I encountered, but other than that the whole thing went smooth, both the first time and when I was setting it up from the scratch again on a different PC with a different connection for a purpose of writing the guide.

The last 3 players to get Sanctified and Jumped In did that by using my method. There are messages in a SRIII thread and also I've received PMs saying that it works. Don't know about those who got trophies before that though.

I will give it another shot today, it was late night so Ima assume some mistake was made. I appreciate your efforts, will post if anything new comes up. Cheers

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On ‎21‎/‎04‎/‎2019 at 2:16 AM, Dante_MS said:

What's the situation?

For some reason my game keeps crashing on the main menu. I have disabled IPV6. I have had to hard reset multiple times. I really have no idea what went wrong.

JPEG_20190425_211710.jpg?width=1329&heig

Edited by CallanGWProx

On 4/25/2019 at 4:20 AM, CallanGWProx said:

For some reason my game keeps crashing on the main menu. I have disabled IPV6. I have had to hard reset multiple times. I really have no idea what went wrong.

JPEG_20190425_211710.jpg?width=1329&heig

how did you disable it in the first place? i really need to know plz

On 4/20/2019 at 8:16 AM, Dante_MS said:

What's the situation?

well I dont know how to disable ipv6 i tried to do the damn thing and it didnt work

Edited by NiNjAWEeDSmOkR

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Squad, the game freezing problem was solved for me once I changed the custom DNS record destination in Simple DNS from 8.8.8.8 to 95.211.113.154. I guess the google DNS entry does not provide an HTTP connection anymore and that was freezing it. Just got the trophy and should be done with the game if I didn't stupidly close the game without saving at 39h and got sent back to 29h. Well bummer.

• 1 month later...
On 08/10/2018 at 7:23 AM, Dante_MS said:

Since the Saints Row servers were shut down, this is currently the only known way to get the "Jumped In" trophy from Saints Row: The Third and the "Saintified" trophy from Saints Row IV.
This method works only for PS3 versions of the games. There is no solution for PC and Xbox 360 versions at this moment.
TL;DR version: you have to make the game think that a server at sr3.hydra.agoragames.com is up.
Detailed version: upon entering the Character Gallery the game tries to reach a server at sr3.hydra.agoragames.com. As the server is down, the game kicks you back to the previous menu. At this step the game doesn't care if the server is functional, it only checks if the server is available, so the goal is to make the server seem available by using a custom DNS server or modifying the hosts file of your router.
The following guide is about setting up a DNS server on Windows:

Reveal hidden contents

1. Download, install and launch Simple DNS Plus;
2. In Simple DNS Plus go to Options;

U3yTGb4.jpg

3. Go to DNS => Forwarding, press "Add", "Add" again and type there an IP of any DNS provider (I used one of OpenNIC Public Servers on the screenshot);

urfMjVF.jpg

zORZVYO.jpg

uoTa6Vn.jpg

4. Go back to the main window and press "Records";

2OIFTLR.jpg

5. Press "New", then choose "Primary Zone" => "Forward Zone" and type there "sr3.hydra.agoragames.com";

0nGimc3.jpg

pmHVQBY.jpg

NcnGY2h.jpg

OGj7GS5.jpg

6. Right-click in a list of records and choose "New A-record";

SrGFBYi.jpg

7. In "Host IP address" type an IP of any site or server (I used an IP of wikileaks.org on the screenshot);

OaWvL0o.jpg

8. Save the changes;

PCgsbZ7.jpg

9. Launch Command Prompt (Win+R, then type "cmd") and type "ipconfig". Find an IPv4 Address of your network adapter;

sMypPCF.jpg

10. On your PS3 set up an Internet connection as you always do, but as a primary DNS use the IPv4 address from the previous step. Leave a secondary DNS empty (0.0.0.0);

B96dJu3.jpg?2

11. Launch the game, create and upload your character or go to the "Image As Designed" store and upload your character from there.

Possible solutions to an error 80710102:

• Make sure that both a PC and a console are in the same local network (connected to the same router).
  • Disable AP Isolation on a router (in case of both a PC and a console being connected to a router by Wi-Fi);
  • Disable IPv6 on a network adapter;
  • Check for typos.

A temporary solution to a freezing issue:

Some people reported that the game may freeze while using a custom DNS. We've yet to find a cause of this problem and so far the only solution we could come up with is to sign out of PSN, launch the game, go into the character creation or to a plastic surgeon and enter the Character Gallery. You will be prompted to sign in to PSN and after signing in you probably will have a couple of seconds to upload a character before the game freezes.

Your idea is to much and difficult to follow the instructions. Another thread is already there.

• 2 months later...