How to get the "Saintified" trophy after the servers shutdown

Dante_MS

As of today (27/03/2021), still works! Thanks!

My issue was the freezing starting up the game, after some tries I solved, if anyone have the same problem: remove the Internet connection, start the game and go to character creation to upload, it will ask for connection, at this point connect the PS3 and log in, upload and you're done.

Thanks again!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
On 4/8/2021 at 7:25 AM, Dante_MS said:

Rewrote the guide to use NextDNS instead. A much simpler method, and you don't need a Windows PC anymore. Any device with a browser will work.

Will this method work with the PlayStation Now version of Saints Row IV?

• 6 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just did it in 15 minutes. But of course, I know my way around a computer. Just so you know:
The trophy didnt pop for me when I just enabled the camera, it popped when I went to a clothes store. Go to the counter and choose Character gallery, Upload character. I had to try it 2x, and it still gave error message of a time out. But the trophy popped anyway. If you’re not sure about IPv4 or 6, follow IPv4 steps first. I dont think most people have a router that uses IPv6. 

Edited by Sauron-The-Great
By the way this is an Excellent Guide.
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Sauron-The-Great said:

If you’re not sure about IPv4 or 6, follow IPv4 steps first. I dont think most people have a router that uses IPv6. 

Most people don't even know what features their router has and how to set it up.

I probably should rewrite the guide again. I was trying to cover all possible cases, so it made the guide overly complicated.

1 hour ago, Dante_MS said:

Most people don't even know what features their router has and how to set it up.

I probably should rewrite the guide again. I was trying to cover all possible cases, so it made the guide overly complicated.

For me the guide was perfect. Well formatted and structured as well. There clearly has been put in a lot of effort already. 
I wonder what other games are out there that this would work on to get an online trophy no longer attainable.

But people should use a device on the same Lan as a prerequisite. Why bother explaining what to do on a browser on a different network? Even though it’s cool that you have a solution for that.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Sauron-The-Great said:

For me the guide was perfect. Well formatted and structured as well. There clearly has been put in a lot of effort already. 

Thank you!

I wonder what other games are out there that this would work on to get an online trophy no longer attainable.

There's at least one such game:

But it's quite a specific trick. I tried to make it work with GT5, but seems like it requires developing a full-blown private server.

But people should use a device on the same Lan as a prerequisite. Why bother explaining what to do on a browser on a different network?

It's an edge case, I agree. It's just when I initially posted the guide, people with all kinds of weird setups showed up lol

Edited by Dante_MS
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi, all!

I'm not understanding how to do this at all. I don't know how to access my IP thingy or anything. I'm so confused. Is "Jumped In" and "Saintified" the only online ones to get? Can someone explain this easier? It's so frustrating not knowing the ins and outs to these sort of things. 

I don't mean to be a burden, but I'd be a lot happier getting these online ones finished. 

Thanks. 

Edited by Evil25Illusion
Forgot to add both trophy names.

Finally got this to work after a good few tries.

I couldn't connect to the internet from my PS3 as the DNS was failing.

I was entering the value Linked IP from NextDNS into the primary DNS field on the PS3 network settings which is incorrect. You need to enter one of the two DNS Servers IPs from NextDNS into the primary DNS field.

Correcting that issue allowed me to connect to the internet.

I then signed out of PSN and started up the game, followed the rest of the steps, and unlocked the trophy.

Frustrated I made such a silly mistake but glad to have the trophy!! Sharing this in case anyone else is in the same boat.

Now I just need to grind out Fourth And Forty ?

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

I see that people are still earning this trophy but for me this will no longer work. I've done it in the past so I know I'm doing it correctly, but I'm just getting the "Saints Row servers are unavailable" error message. Unsure what could be causing it. Any help would be appreciated! 

7 hours ago, Dante_MS said:

@lew Try it with a mobile connection.

This worked. Thank you for still helping after so many years. 

Since I last did this trophy using your method I went to a new ISP and got a new router, so maybe that was causing it?

• Like 2