BubbleJayGum

Issue with PS Plus subscription purchase

15 posts in this topic

Hi! So I decided to purchase PS Plus one month subscription for the first time ever. I live in Latvia and unfortunately this country isn't in the list of regions that you can choose for your PS account. I didn't know what region to choose so I chose UK randomly. I've bough a voucher code for 15 pounds and this sum was added to my PS wallet. So when I tried to buy this 1 month membership I got prompted for a payment method. I tried to add my credit card or PayPal account but I received an unknown error. Maybe it's because of my UK region and my Latvian card? And why can't I just use those money in my PS wallet? Should I buy another voucher and try to buy 3 month membership or I will face the same issue there? Please guys explain it all to my because I'm noob. ūüėĄ

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can only assume it wanted a payment method since PS+ memberships are recurring subscriptions by default. The non-UK card probably is the issue in that case.

 

You should be able to use a 3 month membership voucher code though. I do it myself, I currently live in the UK with a JP account that I use PS+ voucher codes for.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Kapika96 said:

I can only assume it wanted a payment method since PS+ memberships are recurring subscriptions by default. The non-UK card probably is the issue in that case.

 

You should be able to use a 3 month membership voucher code though. I do it myself, I currently live in the UK with a JP account that I use PS+ voucher codes for.

So I should buy another 15 pounds voucher that will add these money to my PS wallet and I'll be able to buy 3 month membership without adding a payment method, right?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, BubbleJayGum said:

So I should buy another 15 pounds voucher that will add these money to my PS wallet and I'll be able to buy 3 month membership without adding a payment method, right?

It will ask for a payment method (credit,debit,etc) no matter how much money you got in your wallet.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think that, for the 3 month option, as long as you have enough money on your account, it won’t ask you for a payment option.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, armmyperez said:

It will ask for a payment method (credit,debit,etc) no matter how much money you got in your wallet.

So what should I do? What's the purpose of the freaking wallet then?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Should never need a payment method anyway when you pay up front NO MATTER WHAT.

 

Only commenting to shout out to the only other Latvijan I've seen on here.

 

Sorry to not actually be of help.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BubbleJayGum said:

So what should I do? What's the purpose of the freaking wallet then?

Let's say that you're already subscribed to PS+,then at the end of the period (14 days,3months,1 year whatever) they will renew your subscription for the same period and will take the payment out of your wallet.But if you don't have money in your wallet (like most people)they will charge your card.That's why they ask for a card.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now that I think of it try using PayPal (if you got PayPal of course) as a payment method.It should work ūüėē...

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, armmyperez said:

Now that I think of it try using PayPal (if you got PayPal of course) as a payment method.It should work 1f615.png...

It should in theory, but I remember hearing it's pretty unreliable, as in it works sometimes but not for others.

 

For OP:

You have a UK account so you need a UK card. Your best bet will be to buy a PSPlus card directly (not a Playstation Funds card, but a direct PSPlus card) for the amount of months you want. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If amazon.co.uk accepts your Latvian credit card, you can purchase a digital/download code directly from amazon UK, then redeem the code that you receive on PSN. Amazon UK seems to offer digital codes for 3, 6 and 12 month memberships.

See here: https://www.amazon.co.uk/PlayStation-Plus-Membership-Download-account/dp/B00H4IQDFC/

Edited by Aze
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey there! It's been a while since I last purchased a PS+ membership but, the safest method for you is to buy membership codes for either 3, 6 or 12 months. The purpose of them asking for a Credit Card is so that they can, not only confirm your address and identity but also as a method to guarantee a way to (automatically) renew the subscription in case your previous membership expires.

 

Now, I have a USA account but I don't live there. I obviously cannot use a credit card from my country (not even if they worked properly to begin with...) nor I cannot use my Paypal account to add funds to my SEN account either. The solution? Look for a third party to provide those codes to you. There are many sites online you could get this from but I personally recommend PC Game Supply's website. They offer a variety of cards from most common regions and you can pay with either credit card or Paypal with no extra fees involved in the process. They deliver the code immediately to your email address or to your account there after purchase. Right now they have options for 1 year or 3 months of PS+ subscriptions for UK accounts.

 

I have used them a couple of times now to get codes for my US account and paid with Paypal with no issues.

 

Greetings from another country forgotten by Sony :wave: 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanx for all the replies guys, they were very helpful! So basically I just need to buy a code for this 3 month membership from a third-party and then redeem this code in PS store and I won't be prompted for payment method, right?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They shouldn't ask you for a credit card in the first place. I don't know if this is a new policy, it's specific to the UK store, or it's because you are buying a 1 month subscription. But I was in the same situation as you right now, my country lacked a PS Store. What I did and still do, is buying a PSN top up cards for the US store and buy the subscription using the money in my wallet. It never asked me for any credit card info at all. Mind you, I only buy 1 year subscriptions but I have bought numerous over the years. I even bought an UAE and HK 1 year subscriptions using the my store wallet and not ps plus cards and still I wasn't asked to add any credit card at all.

 

Edit: a quick Google search confirms my suspicion. They are asking for a credit card/paypal because you're trying to buy a 1-month subscription (and possibly 3-months as well). 

Edited by Mohd_AAAA
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Mohd_AAAA said:

They shouldn't ask you for a credit card in the first place. I don't know if this is a new policy, it's specific to the UK store, or it's because you are buying a 1 month subscription. But I was in the same situation as you right now, my country lacked a PS Store. What I did and still do, is buying a PSN top up cards for the US store and buy the subscription using the money in my wallet. It never asked me for any credit card info at all. Mind you, I only buy 1 year subscriptions but I have bought numerous over the years. I even bought an UAE and HK 1 year subscriptions using the my store wallet and not ps plus cards and still I wasn't asked to add any credit card at all.

 

Edit: a quick Google search confirms my suspicion. They are asking for a credit card/paypal because you're trying to buy a 1-month subscription (and possibly 3-months as well). 

Thanx for the info! I'll just try to buy a code for this subscription. I guess that's the only option for me right now.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.