Observation (2019) - Reveal Trailer (‘Stories Untold’ Devs Reveal Sci-Fi Thriller)

ziggypossum

Scheduled for release in Spring 2019 for PlayStation 4 and PC, Observation has you playing as a space station AI named SAM. SAM is aboard an Earth-orbiting facility, assisting crew member Dr. Emma Fisher after a mysterious event damages the station, and has caused the rest of the crew on the facility to vanish. Also, there’s this rogue signal that keeps messaging you the following: “BRING HER”.

Similiar to the PlayStation 2 game Lifeline (though hopefully not nearly as hair-pulling), SAM is a disembodied intelligence, and can look through any of the station’s cameras, operate its various systems and take control of certain tools, all of which to aid Dr. Fisher, as well as explore the station and solve puzzles.

https://www.observationgame.com/

Screenshots:

https://gematsu.com/gallery/observation/october-8-2018/

• Like 2

Here, IGN explained a bit more about it:

https://www.ign.com/articles/2018/10/10/observation-playing-as-an-ai-in-next-years-smartest-game?fbclid=IwAR2WBFtcZs_XeGOuWH7paEmoXz-XjZ5vF0EXAYAMSscYtAG9FE01W3HIEto

So you can get a more better understanding on what the game is all about.  And yes, it does make the game seem rather interesting for sure.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Just heard from this game for the very first time in Sony's 'State Of Play' video today. From what I saw, I imagined something like a mix of Alien Isolation and the movies 'Gravity', 'Life' and 'Moon'. I just read a little bit about it now and found an article on a German page that stated the game was created by veterans and former employers of studios from Rockstar North, Rocksteady, Creative Assembly, CCP and IO Interactive - which sounds great so far. Will keep an eye on this and hoping for the best.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Solid-Fisch said:

Just heard from this game for the very first time in Sony's 'State Of Play' video today. From what I saw, I imagined something like a mix of Alien Isolation and the movies 'Gravity', 'Life' and 'Moon'. I just read a little bit about it now and found an article on a German page that stated the game was created by veterans and former employers of studios from Rockstar North, Rocksteady, Creative Assembly, CCP and IO Interactive - which sounds great so far. Will keep an eye on this and hoping for the best.

Yeah I heard some people who worked on Alien Isolation is working on this as well, which gives me confidence this game will be great. You can really tell from the visuals where they got their inspiration. Also thanks for reminding me of Moon. Such an amazing movie. One of my favourites.

• 1 month later...